FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: What vibration control you prefer in Oreo OOS?

Stock ROM options levels

13 Vote(s)
30.23%
Kernel control 0-100% (no ROM options levels)

30 Vote(s)
69.77%

[KERNEL] [blu_spark r90 / r83 OP5T] [OB / OOS 4.7.*]

5,125 posts
Thanks Meter: 43,750

By eng.stk, Senior Member on 17th November 2017, 01:37 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from eng.stk: blu_spark r83 is up!

Kernel features:
  • Powered by Ubuntu 16.04.3 x86_64 (sparky VPS @ www.servercore.com.br - thanks @ChristianLetti)
  • Build with custom toolchain blu_naro-7.2 (cortex-a73.cortex-a53 targeted, build with latest Crosstool-NG from developer snapshot Linaro GCC 7.2-2017.11)
  • Full -O2 build with device and target flags enhanced, linaro build improvements, etc
  • Less is more: stockish OP5 builds based on OnePlusOSS/android_kernel_oneplus_msm8998
  • Systemless installer (doesn't touch system partition, OTA friendly - Nougat only)
  • Removed some debug and logging options
  • ARM enhanced performance and battery patches
  • CVE security patches, general upstream and CAF fixes
  • Several CPU Governors (blu_active modded own governor by default - fastlane mode available!)
  • No OC, use 100HZ base timer frequency
  • msm_performance input boost toggle on/off (enabled by default), tweaked cpu_boost driver
  • Enhanced TCP methods (westwood is default), Network and Wifi tweaks and updated drivers
  • Several I/O control tweaks, added schedulers FIOPS and ZEN v2 is default, tweaked and upstreamed filesystems (F2FS, ExFAT, NTFS, CIFS & NFS)
  • Removed verify and doesn't force encryption, patched SafetyNet flags to pass CTS
  • Stock thermal driver by default (custom tunables available for ROMs with no thermal daemon)
  • Disabled hotplug, also on low battery levels (CTL and BCL)
  • Optimized crypto routines
  • Swap and adaptive LMK off by default, 60 apps on background by default
  • Vibrator Strength tunable and Gesture Haptic Feedback control (touchpanel an FPR)
  • KGSL fixes and reworked GPU driver (goes to idle @ 180MHz)
  • KCAL - Advanced color control for Qualcomm MDSS v2 (RGB calibration and post-processing features)
  • DASH charge and USB Fast Charge (USB mode up to 900mA with MTP on)
  • Battery/Notification LED control
  • FS fsync toggle on/off
  • Wakelock blockers available
  • zx2c4's wireguard support
  • CDROM emulation on mass_storage (compatible with DriveDroid 0.10.36+)
  • init.d support (put your scripts in /system/su.d or /su.su.d [systemless SuperSU], /magisk/.core/post-fs-data.d [Magisk])
  • Compatible with Kernel Adiutor and others

DOWNLOAD KERNEL ZIP (No mirrors please)

Warning: If you come from other kernel or have any issues, you should dirty flash your ROM before flashing blu_spark zip to avoid problems.
Reflash ROM -> if you want root flash SuperSU or Magisk (default, no plugins/modules) -> flash blu_spark.
If you are already rooted or upgrading between blu_spark versions, just flash the kernel zip. Also uninstall or clean data of any kernel control app you're using.

About bugs and troubleshoots: don't bother to post if a log isn't ready or without steps so the behavior can be replicated. I only active support stock OOS with NO mods whatsoever (apart from root). That includes NO support if using xposed, Magisk with modules, etc.
If you're using custom ROMs (including OOS based ones) or Open Betas you're on your own. I'm only interested on debugging stuff in stock and stable OOS.
Save the SOT and battery stats/screenshots for general threads, here we deal with development, not personal tastes and results.
Also don't spam this thread with CM or other ROMs stuff like "this don't work, my app doesn't open, etc" , no OT about OTAs, apps, ROM bugs, Recovery/TWRP troubleshoots and other userspace stuff. There's threads for it, use them.

Going back to stock: This kernel installer doesn't change your filesystem (systemless in case of Nougat). Oreo builds touch system partition.
You can backup your boot & system (Oreo) with TWRP before flashing blu_spark if you want to go back to full stock or just dirty flash your full ROM.

If you like my work, donations are always welcome.
Don't forget to hit thanks and rate the thread nicely, it's free

OnePlus 5T development unit donated by OnePlus. Big shouts to them
Very proud of being on the OnePlus Developer Program, special thanks to Adam K. for being such a supportive person.

XDA:DevDB Information
blu_spark kernel for OP5T, Kernel for the OnePlus 5T

Contributors
eng.stk
Source Code: https://github.com/engstk/op5

Kernel Special Features: Powered by sparky

Version Information
Current Stable Version: r83
Stable Release Date: 2018-01-12
Current Beta Version: r90 Oreo unified
Beta Release Date: 2018-01-17

Created 2017-11-17
Last Updated 2018-01-17
The Following 88 Users Say Thank You to eng.stk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift eng.stk Ad-Free

17th November 2017, 01:37 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Info 2 blu_spark r51 unified
All right crew!

First kernel for the 5T is up, fastlane style

This is an initial build, tested only on OP5. It is a baseline for 5/5t unified installer (similar of 3/3T).
For now, seems like fw updates from OOS 4.7 are needed for some stuff, so it is only working 95% on the OP5 OOS 4.5.* (FPR doesn't work).
Don't flash this on OP5 for now. On 5T all should be working just fine.

So, keep in mind that it's tested on the OP5, on the 5T it's not because I don't have the device just yet.
Backup and take all the precautions you can think of, if you're cat get's on fire you're on your own

blu_spark_r51-oos_op5-op5t_79c5b56.zip

Quote:

• build: use newest and improved blu_naro-7.2, build from developer snapshot Linaro GCC 7.2-2017.10, with updated components and improvements/fixes
  • Synchronize codes for OxygenOS 4.7.1
  • full rebase and features bringup from OP5
  • drivers: misc: fix a couple build errors

Keep it real, keep it true, keep it blu

Keep in mind: I will give no active support for custom ROMs (including OOS based ones).
Meaning, if using anything besides stock and stable OOS don't bother posting about it.
I am only interested on debugging stuff in stock and stable OOS (with logs and reproducible steps to replicate the issue).
Don't spam this thread with LOS or other ROMs stuff like "this don't work, my app doesn't open, etc" or debugging features.
Also don't go spam and bug reporting on ROM threads if using this.

If you like my work, donations are always welcome.
Don't forget to hit thanks and rate the thread nicely, it's free
The Following 34 Users Say Thank You to eng.stk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift eng.stk Ad-Free
17th November 2017, 01:48 PM |#3  
Flag Pittsburgh, PA
Thanks Meter: 86

More
Wow, that was quick!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bronderb For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bronderb Ad-Free
17th November 2017, 02:05 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronderb

Wow, that was quick!

had it running since yesterday
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eng.stk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift eng.stk Ad-Free
17th November 2017, 02:32 PM |#5  
Flag Pittsburgh, PA
Thanks Meter: 86

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eng.stk

had it running since yesterday

Dang... reminds me of when grarak released CyanogenMod for the OnePlus 3 on the first day
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bronderb For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bronderb Ad-Free
17th November 2017, 02:34 PM |#6  
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 79

More
Phone isn't even released to public yet.
eng.stk is a legend.

From my OP3T
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ManikandanGuru For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ManikandanGuru Ad-Free
17th November 2017, 05:55 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 63

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

(No mirrors allowed)

Are you aware that you violate the terms of the GPL with this?
17th November 2017, 06:57 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosa Elefant

Are you aware that you violate the terms of the GPL with this?

For security purposes the place for downloads is this xda repo for the compiled stuff.
Source code is available for anyone to use and build for themselves.

Don't see any issue with that, this is only a cortesy.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to eng.stk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift eng.stk Ad-Free
17th November 2017, 07:01 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 63

Donate to Me
More
The issue is that the GPL enforces you to allow anyone to distribute any derivative works - including "the compiled stuff" - in any way they want. That also means mirrors. So no, "no mirrors allowed" violates the GPL. You might want to replace that by "please don't mirror" or something.
(I know this is nitpicking in a way. I was just wondering.)
The Following User Says Thank You to Rosa Elefant For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rosa Elefant Ad-Free
17th November 2017, 07:11 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosa Elefant

The issue is that the GPL enforces you to allow anyone to distribute any derivative works - including "the compiled stuff" - in any way they want. That also means mirrors. So no, "no mirrors allowed" violates the GPL. You might want to replace that by "please don't mirror" or something.
(I know this is nitpicking in a way. I was just wondering.)

I'm not enforcing anything, this is valid for xda links posted, as a cortesy and for security. Word play it's what it is, I can change if it suits you better.
Other than that you can burn CDs with it and send to your friends if you like
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to eng.stk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift eng.stk Ad-Free
17th November 2017, 11:56 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 42

More
WHAT!
You're a Living Legend @eng.stk
The Following User Says Thank You to twentyfourinc For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift twentyfourinc Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)