FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[KERNEL] Weeb Kernel 2.54 CAESAR [Stable - 23-07-2019]

478 posts
Thanks Meter: 997

By idkwhoiam322, Senior Member on 13th March 2019, 10:03 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Indroduction:
Weeb Kernel is based on Stock OOS source with HMP stuff removed, EAS added (thanks to joshuous), and staying up to date with CAF and Linux mainline. Feel free to ask for any feature requests, but if I think something is useless or doesn't provide any benefit to warrant its addition, I will NOT add it, irrespective of how many people ask for it.

Code:
/*
 * Your warranty is not void (Thank you OnePlus!).
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this Kernel
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */
Supports:
* OxygenOS Pie
* Custom ROMs on 9

Reporting Bugs:
If you want to report any bugs, please post a logcat and dmesg(using an app like syslog), thank you!

Features:
- Compiled using GCC 9.1.0 bare metal compiled by kdrag0n
- Latest LTS merged from kernel.org - 4.4.186
- Latest CAF tag - "LA.UM.7.4.r1-05400-8x98.0"
- Latest QCACLD tag - "LA.UM.7.3.r1-07900-sdm845.0"
- Latest f2fs merge from kernel/common
- Latest f2fs related commits ( like rapid gc ) from arter97 as per May 15 2019
- Latest fixes for clang support
- Up to date with latest OnePlus changes
- Used latest GCC and clang to fix several code issues detected
- KCAL support
- Sound control
- Sweep2sleep
- Hight Brightness Mode ( HBM )
- Source unified for oos and custom ROMs
- Redone EAS implementation - seems to work much better now as reported by users and seen by myself
- Disabled CAF CPU_BOOST
- Wireguard support
- CFQ upstreamed
- ZRAM disabled
- increased kgsl priority
- vdso32 support
- ULPS mode for display
- Disabled audit
- HZ 100
- Lower touch latency
- kerneltoast's ( aka sultanxda ) devfreq boost driver
- Removed qos code added by oneplus
- Several EAS backports from higher kernel versions ( 4.9, 4.14, 4.19, some from mainline too )
- schedutil updated with several patches from higher kernel versions
- Some softirq backports from mainline that improved jitter
- CRC32 backports by arter97
- RCU and cpufreq backports by celtare21
- Several improvements from p2 and p3/a Q tag
- Disabled a ton of unnecessary logging
- top-app schedtune.boost locked at 1
- Removed unused frequencies ( All frequencies below 518400 and 806400 have been removed )
- Stune_assist by YaroST12
- cpuset assist
- Cpu Input Boost by kerneltoast
- ufs ricing from wahoo and essential phone
- cpuidle, kgsl, mdss, qos and ufs power efficiency improvements by kerneltoast
- Fake sched_boost proc to fool userspace since I'm not using dynamic stune boost
- Removed excessive debug bloat from qcacld
- Dependency on Magisk removed. Kernel modifies a file in vendor to adjust cpusets ( defaults for most things hardcoded in kernel, users free to modify them )
- Fixed several memory leaks
- Added some build.prop tweaks and switched to the opengl renderer
- Disabled DEBUG_FS
- Disabled FTRACE
- Disabled DEBUG_KERNEL
- KLapse 5.0
- Sultan's binder rewrite
- adreno improvements
- PELT for EAS
- ext4, genirq, glink, sdcardfs, qseecom ricing
- POCKET_JUDGE ( custom only )
- Wahoo irq balancer
- Variants:
oos - OxygenOS
custom - Custom ROMs that aren't omni
omni - Omni based custom ROMs

Kernel variants:
#oos :- This is for OxygenOS. It should also work for HydrogenOS but it's not tested directly by me. I'm typically using this myself.
#custom :- This is for ROMs that use Lineage's implementation of the Qualcomm WLAN Module, that is, inlined and WITHOUT Sultan's hacks.
#omni :- This is for ROMs that use CAF's implementation of the Qualcomm WLAN Module, that is, as a module. eg. Omni, Treskmod

Note:
Unfortunately, none of these work with each other, so each variant is for itself. Pick the right one before reporting that wifi doesn't work, thanks. Also, note that sometimes, on Pie, the ROM might just reject the WLAN module for no good reason and it's not unique to our device. I've seen and confirmed that this issue happens on other 4.4.x devices like Whyred as well.
To solve this, simply reboot or reflash the kernel. If neither of these work, dirty flash the ROM and then kernel again. If you're flashing Magisk, please flash it BEFORE the kernel to retain ramdisk changes (if) made by the kernel.

Downloads:
Version: Weeb Kernel v2.54 CodeName Caesar
- OOS [ GDRIVE | AFH ]
- Custom [ GDRIVE | AFH ]
- Omni [ GDRIVE | AFH ]

Archive:
OxygenOS // Custom ROMs // Omni based Custom ROMs (OmniROM, TreskMOD)

Telegram Channel: Weeb Kernel
Telegram Chat: Weeb Kernel Chat

Flashing Instructions:
* If on OxygenOS, simply flash the kernel! Coming from a different kernel, it's recommended to flash the stock ROM (cuz since Pie, the WLAN module keeps complaining and I had to use QCACLD as a module, so if you don't flash stock ROM, wifi may not work) first.

Reason behind the name?
Well, I originally even thought about making this because of some mates in a weeb telegram chat. I'm aware of a kernel of the same name by @raphielscape which is now renamed, and she was okay with me using this name.

Credits and Thanks:
- @nathanchance for Flash and Inspiration
- @MSF Jarvis and @akhilnarang for their help in the bring up and rebase of this kernel
- Timo Iacuna and Maxim Tresk for RenderFlash and RedFlare respectively which is essentially my base on Oreo [This kernel is no longer based on any other kernel, well, besides OnePlus's source]
- @osm0sis for AnyKernel2
- @akhilnarang for fixing the wifi issue on AnyKernel2 on Flash for OxygenOS Treble
- @raphielscape for inspiration and dealing with my extremely stupid questions
- @ATechnoHazard, @CrEaTiiOn_187 and @psyonity for answering random questions here and there
- @anupritaisno1 for helping me at the start
- And all the unmentioned devs and others that have helped and inspired me so far

Note: I am not a pro by any means but in fact, a complete noob, so bear with my mistakes and enjoy the kernel!

Sauce: Ketchup and Mayo Mix
Sauce with Mayo on top ( staging ) : https://github.com/whoknowswhoiam/weebmsm8998-pie

Version Information:
Stable Version: Weeb Kernel v2.54 CodeName Caesar
Release Date on XDA: 23-07-2019

[B]Created:[/B ]13-03-2019
Last Updated: 23-07-2019

El Psy Congroo~
The Following 32 Users Say Thank You to idkwhoiam322 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift idkwhoiam322 Ad-Free

13th March 2019, 10:04 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
Reserved for keks
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to idkwhoiam322 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift idkwhoiam322 Ad-Free
13th March 2019, 10:04 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Reserved for something idk yet
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to idkwhoiam322 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift idkwhoiam322 Ad-Free
13th March 2019, 10:05 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
Weeb Kernel v2.22 CodeName: Pandemonium

Downloads:
OxygenOS // Custom ROMs // Omni based Custom ROMs (OmniROM, TreskMOD) // Hax (CodeName Phoenix, Dirty Unicorns)

Changelog:
- Compiled using AOSP Clang 9.0.1
- Upstreamed to latest CAF tag [LA.UM.7.4.r1-04800-8x98.0]
- Revamped EAS implementation [Thanks to Josh for the base and several backports by Kuran and some by others and me]
- Moved to using a 625 Hz timer
- Re-enabled KALLSYMS
- Added ULPS mode
- Performance cluster underclocked to 1958400 kHz - Does not affect performance significantly but has improvements in device temperature and some decent improvements in battery [Disabled by default]

Default setup:
top-app/schedtune.prefer_idle = 1
foreground/schedtune.prefer_idle = 1
top-app/schedtune.boost = 0 [My reason for the top-app schedtune.boost being zero is that we do not really need any boosting when nothing significant is going on, for example, watching a youtube video, or the network indicator changing every second or so. For this reason, I have set it to 0, it does not seem to affect UX in my testing and should be just fine.]
Dynamic Schedtune Boost = 15 [Duration: 1500ms]
top-app/schedtune.sched_boost = 15
CPU Boost = 1171/1056 [Duration: 500ms]

ZRAM Tuning:
swappiness = 8
dirty_ratio = 5
dirty_background_ratio = 2

Kernel variants:
#oos:- This is for OxygenOS. It should also work for HydrogenOS but it's not tested directly by me. I'm typically using this myself.
#custom:- This is for ROMs that use Lineage's implementation of the Qualcomm WLAN Module, that is, inlined and WITHOUT Sultan's hacks.
#omni:- This is for ROMs that use CAF's implementation of the Qualcomm WLAN Module, that is, as a module. eg. Omni, Treskmod
#hax:- This is for ROMs that use the Qualcomm WLAN Module as inline and with sultan's hacks to make it load during device init call. eg. CodeName Phoenix, Dirty Unicorns

Note:
Unfortunately, none of these work with each other, so each variant is for itself. Pick the right one before reporting that wifi doesn't work, thanks. Also, note that sometimes, on Pie, the ROM might just reject the WLAN module for no good reason and it's not unique to our device. I've seen and confirmed that this issue happens on other 4.4.x devices like Whyred as well.
To solve this, simply reboot or reflash the kernel. If neither of these work, dirty flash the ROM and then kernel again. If you're flashing Magisk, please flash it BEFORE the kernel to retain ramdisk changes (if) made by the kernel.

Announcement:
As of this release, I've decided to move the source to the [raphielgang] organization repository.
You can find the new source link for stable builds here.
Major thanks to @raphielscape and the rest of the people for their help.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to idkwhoiam322 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift idkwhoiam322 Ad-Free
14th March 2019, 03:48 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
runnin good on Tresk. thank you.
14th March 2019, 08:00 AM |#6  
Flag Nonthaburi / Bangkok
Thanks Meter: 326

More
Welcome.
14th March 2019, 10:17 AM |#7  
How can we enable 1.9ghz performance cluster?

And welcome u weeb πŸ˜‰πŸ˜ƒ
14th March 2019, 11:44 AM |#8  
Flag Nyagan
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Ок
14th March 2019, 12:37 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsser

How can we enable 1.9ghz performance cluster?

And welcome u weeb

In the kernel zip, edit anykernel.sh and change
underclock=0
to
underclock=1
re zip and reflash!
The Following User Says Thank You to idkwhoiam322 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift idkwhoiam322 Ad-Free
14th March 2019, 07:32 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 5,578

More
@idkwhoiam322
You consider making an aroma installer for the different versions? I whipped up a quick one here if you want to use it. <link removed>
It uses elementalx theme so you'll probably want to change that but functionally, it does everything you'd want
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zackptg5 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Zackptg5 Ad-Free
14th March 2019, 07:47 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zackptg5

@idkwhoiam322
You consider making an aroma installer for the different versions? I whipped up a quick one here if you want to use it. I'll take it down once you have the copy of it:
It uses elementalx theme so you'll probably want to change that but functionally, it does everything you'd want

Thanks a lot, I appreciate it. But I personally like my zips small, and my script takes care of everything for me so it's not really any trouble. Nevertheless, I appreciate this a lot!
The Following User Says Thank You to idkwhoiam322 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift idkwhoiam322 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)