[KERNEL][OOS|OB][CLANG][OC] Xceed [5/5T][Updated:7/15]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

kairi_zeroblade

Feb 10, 2011
8x9cme.png

MOD EDIT: LINKS REMOVED DUE TO GPL-NONCOMPLIANCE

**Snapdragon™ is a registered trademark owned by Qualcomm Technologies Inc.
**OnePlus™** is a registered trademark owned by Shenzhen Oneplus Science & Technology Co., Ltd.
**(v5)Xceed Logo™ is created by @kentexcitebot

XDA:DevDB Information
Xceed Custom Kernel, Kernel for the OnePlus 5T

Contributors
kairi_zeroblade
Source Code: https://gitlab.com/zeroblade1984/Oneplus-MSM8998

Kernel Special Features: Stable!!

Version Information
Current Stable Version: Production build 2
Stable Release Date: 2018-06-30

Created 2018-06-09
Last Updated 2018-07-15

Last edited by a moderator:

kairi_zeroblade

Feb 10, 2011

kairi_zeroblade

Feb 10, 2011
Thank you so much! Used to use your kernel back when I had OP3T and was just an xda lurker :D

Curious to see what made the initial release as far as features. Flashing now...

Be sure to take note of the reminder on the download section before flashing and Thank you!!

Would u say focus on performance or battery life or both ??

Xceed does not focus on anything the project aims to be just simple, stable and easy to use (Flash and Forget principle) but there's always surprises.. ;)

EDIT: we're looking for an active TG crew who can run tests with me, if you feel you're qualified and up to the task then you can PM @ilia1985 for more information about it

Last edited:
Reactions: Jole7

crashazz3

Sep 8, 2017
Appears to be a good kernel for anyone looking for a flash-and-forget performance oriented kernel. Doesn't have a whole lot of options to fulfill my tweaking addition, but this kernel is not meant for loads of options anyways.

First impressions look pretty good, kernel is extremely responsive, and apps appear to open faster compared to stock kernel (probably due to OC freqs). However I'm noticing my CPU hitting max frequencies & sticking there while playing Train Conductor World, even while idling on the "map". Flashed back to stock kernel to compare and stock kernel does NOT exhibit this behavior.

kairi_zeroblade

Feb 10, 2011
Appears to be a good kernel for anyone looking for a flash-and-forget performance oriented kernel. Doesn't have a whole lot of options to fulfill my tweaking addition, but this kernel is not meant for loads of options anyways.

First impressions look pretty good, kernel is extremely responsive, and apps appear to open faster compared to stock kernel (probably due to OC freqs). However I'm noticing my CPU hitting max frequencies & sticking there while playing Train Conductor World, even while idling on the "map". Flashed back to stock kernel to compare and stock kernel does NOT exhibit this behavior.

comments are always welcome...

But I do hope, before your wrote this up, you could have almost seen a reply from almost every dev here that you can't compare the stock kernel to to almost every kernel (custom), why is that so?? if you have tracked down the commit history it was evident that the Oneplus QOS framework together with some hooks have been removed, furthermore, the shipped opchain module with the source is a bit nit-picky to build, that module controls/moderates frequency behavior..

@kairi bro good to see you here..hope you remember me from Xiaomi mi3 days..you can always count on me..I will try the kernel and let you know the feedback .

Glad I can be of service to you here...and happy to see some old patrons!! enjoy the ride..

ilia1985

Oct 14, 2010
Al Ain
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Benchmark says nothing lmao
Said no OEM ever :D and what every jealous wannabe says....

And yet for every new phone 1 of the 1st things that leak are benchmarks... Benchmarks are one of deciding factors when buying choosing a phone. It may not say much about real world performance or UI fluidity but bench marks are a measuring tool which help tune/refine software/hardware and your comment above only shows your ignorance.

Sent from my OnePlus ONEPLUS A6003 using XDA Labs

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    8x9cme.png

MOD EDIT: LINKS REMOVED DUE TO GPL-NONCOMPLIANCE

**Snapdragon™ is a registered trademark owned by Qualcomm Technologies Inc.
    **OnePlus™** is a registered trademark owned by Shenzhen Oneplus Science & Technology Co., Ltd.
    **(v5)Xceed Logo™ is created by @kentexcitebot

XDA:DevDB Information
    Xceed Custom Kernel, Kernel for the OnePlus 5T

Contributors
    kairi_zeroblade
    Source Code: https://gitlab.com/zeroblade1984/Oneplus-MSM8998

Kernel Special Features: Stable!!

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: Production build 2
    Stable Release Date: 2018-06-30

Created 2018-06-09
    Last Updated 2018-07-15

MODERATOR INFO: THREAD CLOSED DUE TO GPL NONCOMPLIANCE

This thread has been closed because OP refuses to comply with GPL. It may be reopened if and when the developer is willing to upload the COMPLETE source code of his kernel to be fully compliant with GPL.

Many developers from across the world have contributed to the Linux kernel. We at XDA respect their contribution and the law, and will strive to uphold the GPL on our forum at all costs.
    Build coming yet ? Heh xD

Oh yeah!!

Grab it from here

Enjoy!!
    Update!!

Ok. I'm not getting that much

I presume you're using an app.. :p

So the 0630 version is compatible with op5 ob13 rom?
    The rom supports treble.I missed sth?

Awesome any idea when can we expect a beta of the new build?

Grab new builds HERE for OB11 and older builds..(should be backwards compatible)

Note: you should be rooted on OB11 for wifi module to work (its weird, I know..I'll see a workaround when I have time, very busy taking care of my new baby)
    Bench it with new test build and this is the result
    Release is almost ready and we have GPU OC now hehehe