/* * Your warranty is... still valid? * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. * */
Custom kernels are not compatible with this ROM. I will NOT provide support if you install a custom kernel.
Changelogs for each update can be found in the 2nd post of this thread.
- Based off latest LineageOS 14.1 sources (root access is NOT included)
- OTA updates via built-in updater in Settings
- Fast fingerprint unlock
- sRGB, DCI-P3, and various other display color calibration modes and controls
- Custom camera app featuring:
-Manual shutter speed control (1/5000th of a second up to 50 seconds)
-Manual ISO control
-Video HDR mode
-Many other manual controls
- Many other misc. performance and stability improvements under the hood
- Rebuilt from the ground up using the latest Nougat Snapdragon 835 base from Qualcomm (CAF)
- Removed lots of excessive bloat (improves security and performance)
- Improved stability (several bugs not listed here have been fixed)
- WireGuard, a next generation secure VPN tunnel (more info)
- DASH charge
- Passes SafetyNet bootloader unlock check
- Dynamic CPU input boost driver I wrote myself (makes the phone feel smooth without destroying battery life)
- Reduced display power consumption
- Improved touchscreen processing latency
- Improved audio jack detection
- CPU underclocked to 1958 MHz by default (you can disable this; read the FAQ for more info)
- Custom thermal control driver I wrote myself (features 9 thermal throttle steps; keeps the phone cool)
- Westwood TCP congestion algorithm (enabled by default)
- No placebo patches, features, or dangerous compiler "optimizations"
- Many other misc. improvements not listed here
Kernel (cm-14.1-sultan branch): https://github.com/sultanxda/android...neplus_msm8998
Local manifest (contains the rest of the sources): https://github.com/sultanxda/android...l_manifest.xml
- LineageOS and its contributors
- CAF (aka Qualcomm)
- zx2c4 (for WireGuard, providing project resources, working directly on development, and sending me stickers)
- Open GApps
- If your name should be here and it isn't, then make me use an iPhone 4s running iOS 9
Installation instructions (for first-time installation):
First, perform a backup of your existing setup, and then perform a clean install (wipe /data and /system; TWRP is recommended). Next, try flashing the ROM and see if it installs; if it installs without any issues then congratulations! Now just flash a Google apps package, Magisk if you want root access, and then reboot.
If you get an error when trying to install the ROM ("dumpling.verify_modem" error), then go to the Firmware link in the Downloads section and flash the firmware package. Once you flash the firmware zip file, you can install the ROM.
Installation instructions (for updating to a newer release):
If you are already running this ROM, then you can update to a newer version of the ROM via the built-in OTA updater or by simply dirty-flashing the new ROM build without wiping anything. HOWEVER, do NOT reinstall Google Apps after installing a new update.
Please read through the installation instructions before installing this for the first time.
Mirror 1: https://github.com/sultanxda/android...n-dumpling.zip
Mirror 2: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=f...&sort_dir=DESC
Google Apps (required): Platform: "ARM64", Android: "7.1", Variant: "micro" or "nano" (I will not provide support if you install a different variant)
Magisk (if you want root access): https://forum.xda-developers.com/app...mless-t3473445
Disable CPU underclock (optional): https://forum.xda-developers.com/dev...t/dl/?id=28437
LineageOS 14.1 with custom kernel, ROM for the OnePlus 5T
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
Based On: LineageOS
Last Updated 2018-02-19