Search This thread

Codebucket

Recognized Developer
Mar 12, 2016
Kraków
www.codebucket.de
http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FDr6rSI1.png
Code:
[B][CENTER]**** Disclaimer: I'm not responsible if you destroy your device. Use at your own risk!!! ****[/CENTER][/B]
Android Open Source illusion Project
About us:
AOSIP is a quality custom ROM based purely on AOSP. Twisted with the latest features and blended with stability. We strive for perfection and it shows.​
Team Illusion:

Josh Fox (xlxfoxxlx)
Akhil Narang
Brett Montague
Sri Harsha
Harsh Shandilya
Bug reporting:

• DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab dmesg . (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
  • Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.
Latest Downloads:
FAQ and Install instructions:

Install instructions:
Have an unlocked bootloader, and TWRP installed/booted
(Not gonna be explained here, there'll be threads in this forum somewhere)
Wipe system and data (don't report anything bugs if you dirty flashed over another ROM)
Flash the ROM, GApps, Magisk, or any other mods (again, don't report bugs if you can't reproduce them with just ROM and GApps)
Reboot into the system, and enjoy the illusion!
Current Issues/Information:

* Tell me
Credit/Thanks:

Mike Williams (founder and creator of AOSiP)
Google for Android and AOSP
LineageOS
AICP
ABC ROM
AquariOS
BootleggersROM
PixelExperience
OmniROM
Cory Collins
---------
Any others we may have forgotten to credit
And last but not the least, all our testers, who have helped us to squash many bugs so that we can try to release builds that as are flawless as possible

XDA:DevDB Information
Android Open Source Illusion Project, ROM for the OnePlus 5T

Contributors
Codebucket
Source Code: https://github.com/AOSiP

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: OxygenOS 9.0.x

Version Information
Current Beta Version: 9.0.0_r37
Beta Release Date: 2019-05-20

Created 2019-05-22
Last Updated 2019-05-22

Prometheus

May 3, 2014
Mumbai
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Someone told me that if it's the same maintainer, then he won't talk very much. He kind of just releases things without any notification.

I was told he reads all the xda messages, he just may not respond to messages. It's a pain in the ass for all of us, but the goodness of the rom overcomes any communication issues. This is really good rom.

I guess you meant EAS? XD
It does feel right. The overall rom is really good. Balanced options for customization. Not so less that it feels barebones and not so much that it gets overwhelming, just the right amount. It's smooth too. For now, I have one query.

What does the "Left/Right shortcut also unlocks" option do in Owl's Nest>>Lockscreen>>Lockscreen Shortcut. Does it allow to use the designated shortcut app without unlocking the phone? If yes then it's not working that way.

Attachments

• Screenshot_System_UI_20190523-105513.png
    Screenshot_System_UI_20190523-105513.png
    58 KB · Views: 3,156

preference

May 3, 2017
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 7 Pro
It does feel right. The overall rom is really good. Balanced options for customization. Not so less that it feels barebones and not so much that it gets overwhelming, just the right amount. It's smooth too. For now, I have one query.

What does the "Left/Right shortcut also unlocks" option do in Owl's Nest>>Lockscreen>>Lockscreen Shortcut. Does it allow to use the designated shortcut app without unlocking the phone? If yes then it's not working that way.
Those options likely mean that it unlocks AND does the action you assigned. If you turn off those two options, then it shouldn't unlock I believe.

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 PM ----------

Those options likely mean that it unlocks AND does the action you assigned. If you turn off those two options, then it shouldn't unlock I believe.

Edit: it works for me. When I slide up it opens the app and unlocks the screen

Prometheus

May 3, 2014
Mumbai
Google Pixel 7 Pro

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 PM ----------

Edit: it works for me. When I slide up it opens the app and unlocks the screen

Strange
I have the options enabled and it doesn't unlock for me.

Prometheus

May 3, 2014
Mumbai
Google Pixel 7 Pro
No, I just have swipe set. It would be insecure to use auto unlock through swipe. You have to put a pin in first before unlocking. Makes no sense otherwise imo. If you want a locked phone, then I don't think that feature is accessible. You have to use swipe only protection.

In works on OOS. The camera app is accessible via a swipe on the lockscreen even while having a pin setup. I guess it worked on Omni also for me when I was using that.

preference

May 3, 2017
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 7 Pro
In works on OOS. The camera app is accessible via a swipe on the lockscreen even while having a pin setup. I guess it worked on Omni also for me when I was using that.
The camera alone is accessible because it has a mode where it only shoots new pictures and doesn't give you access to older photos. There might be other apps that have that kind of behavior, but it's very rare.

---------- Post added at 03:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

The gcam I'm using doesn't work right. I'm gonna try the stock camera.

---------- Post added at 03:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

I can't get the stock cam or gcam to work, and I don't know why. It's worked in the past. I'll try different cams and let you know if something works.

Prometheus

May 3, 2014
Mumbai
Google Pixel 7 Pro
The camera alone is accessible because it has a mode where it only shoots new pictures and doesn't give you access to older photos. There might be other apps that have that kind of behavior, but it's very rare.

---------- Post added at 03:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

The gcam I'm using doesn't work right. I'm gonna try the stock camera.

---------- Post added at 03:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

I can't get the stock cam or gcam to work, and I don't know why. It's worked in the past. I'll try different cams and let you know if something works.

Yeah. I'm on Gcam too. (6.1 Urnyx) Doesn't work me too. Hoping the Rom maintainer can provide some insight.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FDr6rSI1.png
    Code:
    [B][CENTER]**** Disclaimer: I'm not responsible if you destroy your device. Use at your own risk!!! ****[/CENTER][/B]
    Android Open Source illusion Project
    About us:
    AOSIP is a quality custom ROM based purely on AOSP. Twisted with the latest features and blended with stability. We strive for perfection and it shows.​
    Team Illusion:

Josh Fox (xlxfoxxlx)
    Akhil Narang
    Brett Montague
    Sri Harsha
    Harsh Shandilya
    Bug reporting:

• DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab dmesg . (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    • Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.
    Latest Downloads:
    FAQ and Install instructions:

Install instructions:
    Have an unlocked bootloader, and TWRP installed/booted
    (Not gonna be explained here, there'll be threads in this forum somewhere)
    Wipe system and data (don't report anything bugs if you dirty flashed over another ROM)
    Flash the ROM, GApps, Magisk, or any other mods (again, don't report bugs if you can't reproduce them with just ROM and GApps)
    Reboot into the system, and enjoy the illusion!
    Current Issues/Information:

* Tell me
    Credit/Thanks:

Mike Williams (founder and creator of AOSiP)
    Google for Android and AOSP
    LineageOS
    AICP
    ABC ROM
    AquariOS
    BootleggersROM
    PixelExperience
    OmniROM
    Cory Collins
    ---------
    Any others we may have forgotten to credit
    And last but not the least, all our testers, who have helped us to squash many bugs so that we can try to release builds that as are flawless as possible

XDA:DevDB Information
    Android Open Source Illusion Project, ROM for the OnePlus 5T

Contributors
    Codebucket
    Source Code: https://github.com/AOSiP

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: OxygenOS 9.0.x

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 9.0.0_r37
    Beta Release Date: 2019-05-20

Created 2019-05-22
    Last Updated 2019-05-22
    Hey guys,

Quick update post here. As you may have noticed, Q is now the hottest topic on the forums.
    Unfortunately as for now we kinda have bad luck with getting some sort of a running build for the OnePlus 5/5T.

But to give you a smile I finally included display modes in the latest OTA update (yeah I've been lazy to add them).
    Also, I decided to go this time with Weeb kernel beta r699, which as I already have seen, causes issues for some of you out there.
    If you notice any differences and problems, please hit me up on Telegram (@divadsn). I will try to look into them and switch to stable if required.

Oh and remember that you can always flash OOS Camera mod from crDroid, we have the patches included :)

Have a great day!
    So maybe a bug? :confused:

Also when the phone goes deep sleep fingerprint and Ambient Display aren't working sometimes.

I don't really know, these are overall issues with each device I ever had, also the ambient display is only turning off when the proximity sensor is covered.

Sorry for not responding lately, was rather active on Telegram than the forums with testing OnePlus camera patches from crDroid. Seems like that's the best solution for custom ROMs, as GCam has disappointed me a lot in image quality.
    Bad comment sorry. I thought another user was requesting OOS cam because of selfish intent. I honestly think gcam is better but it's up to OP

Gcam has "blue dot pattern" that will never be fully fixed, images will not be the same as OOS camera. But you can still use Gcam if you wish to do so.

Next official builds should have the required patches for OOS camera to work fine, the addon is available from crDroid SourceForge.
    Stay tuned for the next update with updated slider modes, fixed manual network selection and more! :)