apophis9283

Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Staff member
Last edited:

shane87

Jan 11, 2011
Waynesburg, KY
Google Pixel 6
I did aokp for note 2. I'm also the one that solved the RIL issue for Omni Rom on note 2 Verizon. I remember when Steve wrote the code for the animations. That's how long ago all that was

Also, how do you disable ambient display always on. I can disable ambient display all together and it'll still stay on.
I am actually looking into that right now, I got the same question over on cheeseburger. As of right now, the only way to toggle ambient Display is to use the search in settings, type in ambient, and the first option will allow you to disable Ambient Display.

The option under Settings -> Display -> Ambient Display is changing the wrong value.

Reactions: Wisniew

shane87

Jan 11, 2011
Waynesburg, KY
Google Pixel 6
I've seen this before. It's an issue with omniswitch I believe. We fixed it in oreo. I'd have to go through commits back then for one of the roms I was doing

I still swear Omniswitch was causing this issue, the issue I was remembering were these

https://github.com/wrongway213/plat...mmit/3d72c47e0e0fc49a160f881d9c28847af9c0fb28

https://github.com/wrongway213/plat...mmit/5b22fff020c66b9721eb79815c7293f510d28387
What issue did these commits fix?

apophis9283

Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Staff member
I am actually looking into that right now, I got the same question over on cheeseburger. As of right now, the only way to toggle ambient Display is to use the search in settings, type in ambient, and the first option will allow you to disable Ambient Display.

The option under Settings -> Display -> Ambient Display is changing the wrong value.
Makes sense. Drives me nuts, other than that seems to work fine.

shane87

Jan 11, 2011
Waynesburg, KY
Google Pixel 6
AOD/Ambient Display fixed

Alright guys, I just finished some changes that will fix the AOD/Ambient Display issue. There was a missing commit, even LOS doesn't have it as far as I can tell, that added the Always On Display switch to the Ambient Display screen in Settings. I now have that option added, and tested as working on cheeseburger. However, the change is strictly to the common tree that cheeseburger and dumpling share, so it should work the same on dumpling. I have pushed the change up, but I am waiting to see if anyone else wants to test before the change goes live, so it may be a day or two before you see a new build with the fix in it. I am attaching a screenshot of the new Ambient Display options screen from my cheeseburger device.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200204-000437_Advanced_settings.png
    Screenshot_20200204-000437_Advanced_settings.png
    84.4 KB · Views: 236

shane87

Jan 11, 2011
Waynesburg, KY
Google Pixel 6
Alright guys, I just finished some changes that will fix the AOD/Ambient Display issue. There was a missing commit, even LOS doesn't have it as far as I can tell, that added the Always On Display switch to the Ambient Display screen in Settings. I now have that option added, and tested as working on cheeseburger. However, the change is strictly to the common tree that cheeseburger and dumpling share, so it should work the same on dumpling. I have pushed the change up, but I am waiting to see if anyone else wants to test before the change goes live, so it may be a day or two before you see a new build with the fix in it. I am attaching a screenshot of the new Ambient Display options screen from my cheeseburger device.
The build from this morning, dated 02-05, has the fix for AOD/AmbientDisplay included.

rohithksaj

Jun 28, 2011
kerala
How's this rom ? If I remember I flashed it last time it didn't boot .

Anybody using this ?

Tell me hows this rom as a DD !

shane87

Jan 11, 2011
Waynesburg, KY
Google Pixel 6
Builds have been failing for a week?
No, the system only produces a build if there have been any changes since the last build. No changes to source means no new builds. I checked our build status page, and it shows the system is properly processing dumpling. However, since LOS has moved on to Q, there have not been many updates to the 9/pie trees.

shane87

Jan 11, 2011
Waynesburg, KY
Google Pixel 6
Is development stopped for this rom?
I check in at least weekly, and watch for any updates from Lineage, whom we base off of. Lineage has now moved on to Android 10, so there haven't been any updates in a month or two for Android 9 Pie.

To answer your question, in essence, yes, development had stopped. However, it is not due to a lack of interest, but rather due to a lack of development on LineageOS's lineage-16.0 branch. And it doesn't mean that development is stopped forever. As soon as any changes come in on Lineage, I will pull them in to AOKP.

aggregate1166877

Sep 30, 2013
You should have left it as I'm sorry it didn't work that would have been the polite thing to do. I don't like your attitude. I too do not get paid to test your work and waste my time.

It's this arrogant sense of entitlement that killed the AOKP scene in the first place. It's killed the PS4 hacking scene as well. I can't post source links, psx-place shows the lead contributor specifically stating he's abandoned the scene for this reason.

No one owes you anything. The post has warnings written in clear English, bold and underlined no less. Please do everyone a favour and read the description before flashing things to your phone. Failing that, there is nothing that can be done for you.

---------- Post added at 12:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 AM ----------

I'd just like to say thank so, so much for your efforts. It truly is appreciated and you are amazing. Merging in the upstream sources is well beyond my technical capabilities, and I'm thankful someone is willing to do this for me even when they don't own the device in question.

EDIT:
Flashed TWRP+AOKP and ROM appears to be working perfectly. In addition to cache/dalvik wipe, had to reset selinux permissions. After that, it's running nicely.

Last edited:

shane87

Jan 11, 2011
Waynesburg, KY
Google Pixel 6

---------- Post added at 12:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 AM ----------

I'd just like to say thank so, so much for your efforts. It truly is appreciated and you are amazing. Merging in the upstream sources is well beyond my technical capabilities, and I'm thankful someone is willing to do this for me even when they don't own the device in question.

I appreciate your thanks. However, this ROM is basically dead. The main AOKP team left years ago, and it appears that the main dev for the last few years has also left. Most of us maintainers have moved on to other projects as well. I will leave the download links on the OP, but this thread will no longer be monitored. I never had an OP5T, and I have lost my OP5 as well. Stupid charging port. It was a fun ride while it lasted, and I thank all of the people who tested and reported issues, gave thanks, and kept me going when I wanted to just throw in the towel. Maybe I will see you on a different project (though I am not currently working on any at the moment, too busy with building a house:D)!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    106.png

[ROM][AOKP 9/PIE][dumpling] AOKP Pie for OnePlus 5T

Code:
    *** Disclaimer***
    Your warranty is now void!
    I am not responsible for damages caused by this ROM
    YOU are choosing to install it!
    If you have any concerns about potential issues or features with this ROM, do your research!
    If you accuse me of causing problems with your device, you WILL be ridiculed!

I [B][U]DO NOT[/B][/U] own an OP5T!! I have no means of testing!!
    Please provide feedback!

Introduction
    WE ARE LIVE!!
    AOKP is a ROM developed by TeamKang, based on AOSP/LineageOS with magical unicorn bytes (awesome features) baked right in!

Features
    • Android 9 Pie
    • OMS/Substratum Support - Theming baked right in
    • SU baked in - No need for SuperSU/Magisk (Unless you want them!)
    • Custom animations
    • Customizable AOKP logo in status bar
    • So many other features, explore and find them on your own!
    • ROMControl App - A centralized place to manage all almost all the cool features Magical unicorn Bytes!!

Known Issues
    • Pixel Launcher crashes constantly if you try to use it. This is an upstream issue, Lineage-16.0 has the same issue.
    • You tell me! I have no 5T, so the more reports I get the better. Please see below for proper issue reporting!

Proper Issue Reporting
    • Make sure you are seeing the issue on a CLEAN install! If the problem pops up after a dirty flash, wipe data/factory reset and see if it still happens before reporting it
    • Make sure you have not flashed anything extra, such as 3rd party kernels, SuperSU, Magisk, Xposed, etc. These extra packages can cause their own issues. As above, try a full wipe and then only flash the ROM package and Gapps package, and see if the issue persists before reporting
    • In your report please include the following:
      • Issue you are seeing, and how to recreate it
      • Logcat/kmesg from right after the issue if possible
      • Build date of ROM you are running
      • Gapps package you have installed

Installation instructions
    • Ensure you have the correct firmware installed (9.0.9)
    • Backup your data! (nandroid, TiBu, etc.)
    • Wipe Data/Factory Reset (You did backup, right?)
    • Flash ROM
    • Flash GAPPS
    • Wipe Cache/Dalvik Cache
    • Reboot

Download

Changelog
    Initial Official release

Thanks To/Credits
    • TeamKang
    • tdm
    • LineageOS

PayPal Donations and thanks are always appreciated!

XDA:DevDB Information
    Pie Android Open Kang Project for OnePlus 5T [dumpling], ROM for the OnePlus 5T

Contributors
    shane87
    Source Code: http://aokp.co/source/

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Firmware package from OOS 9.0.9
    Based On: LineageOS, CyanogenMod, OmniRom, AOSP

Version Information

Created 2020-01-20
    Last Updated 2020-01-24
    I am sorry that it did not work.

With that being said, I was upfront from the start with this thread. I do not have an OP5T. I have no way of personally testing. I was informed that I should go ahead and start the thread and provide download links. When I reported no boot, I was asked to find volunteer testers, as the team member who owns a 5T was busy at work, and also maintains for OP6 as well.
    I would also like to point out that you volunteered to test. You did not have to do that.

We are working on the issue. I will keep the thread informed. Just remember, all of us working on AOKP are doing so for free, we receive no compensation for the hours we spend tinkering, tweaking, and testing. Or the hours we spend maintaining our threads on xda.
    Wouldn't be the first time I've worked with AOKP. Back with whitehawkx. I can look at your source if you want. I don't have a build environment set up and it would be a week or so before I could have one.
    AOD/Ambient Display fixed

I think you should have checked with the AOKP Team member who owns a Oneplus 5t to install this before you posted this topic.
    Another wasted night for me - There is no change - it will not startup.
    I am sorry that it did not work.

With that being said, I was upfront from the start with this thread. I do not have an OP5T. I have no way of personally testing. I was informed that I should go ahead and start the thread and provide download links. When I reported no boot, I was asked to find volunteer testers, as the team member who owns a 5T was busy at work, and also maintains for OP6 as well.
    I would also like to point out that you volunteered to test. You did not have to do that.

We are working on the issue. I will keep the thread informed. Just remember, all of us working on AOKP are doing so for free, we receive no compensation for the hours we spend tinkering, tweaking, and testing. Or the hours we spend maintaining our threads on xda.
    Update to OP

Alright guys, I have updated the OP to reflect that this ROM currently needs firmware from OOS 9.0.9. I do apologize for missing the firmware requirements in the intial posting. I star at gerrit so much that I forget not everyone sees when we update firmware requirements.

I will update the OP, and post an announcement, any time that we update the firmware base required.