[ROM][A5010 | dumpling][8.1.X][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 15.1 (Oreo) for Oneplus 5T

Search This thread

OhioYJ

Feb 25, 2011
Try flash or singularity. Blu is also known for no deep sleep.

I've noticed this in recent builds, however I was still getting 2 days out of it, with generally somewhere between 6-8 hours SOT with the blu_active governor. This governor is the one that has the "deep sleep problem" though, if you switch to pretty much any other CPU governor, such as interactive, your deep sleep will work fine on Blu.

Reactions: bdwilk

Chaplan

Jan 8, 2008
No Place
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
Google Pixel 4a
A simple search on this thread would reveal that many have reported deep sleep issues before, running stock kernel, blu_spark was actually brought to the equation as a potential fix/workaround.
Some time ago I had similar problems.
Rebooting temporarily fixed the issue, which didn't really cut it for me so i started troubleshooting it for real.
In my case i was getting the log spammed by google messages app, and deep sleep gone from the moment it started, replaced it by stock messages app and BAM, deep sleep.

Not always ROM and/or Kernel get to be the culprit, although the easiest path is always that straight line.

Last edited:

D3fq0n

Mar 5, 2013
OK, with the singularity kernel the deep sleep looks normal without any other changes.

Because Google messages app: I didn't use this app in the past and flashed just Gapps Pico. Furthermore I couldn't see any spamming or anything else in the logs.

If I can help the devs to resolve this deep sleep problem I will do it.

Reactions: bdwilk

sam3000

Jul 11, 2009
Seattle
Did anyone notice that you can't unlock your device with a fingerprint if the proximity sensor detects something? I disabled the setting to avoid unwanted device wakeups under Settings > Display but that doesn't change anything.

If I've understood your issue correctly, this is owing to a feature called pocketmode (gerrit patches). It's intended to prevent fp sensor wakeups (and therefore use less battery) when your phone is in a pocket (ie proximity sensor detects near object).

What is blocking your proximity sensor when you try to unlock ? The expectation is that people would have the phone face up towards them ready for screen on and therefore the proximity sensor would not detect anything.

We could make it configurable on/off but I'm super interested as to why it's a practical issue.

majoraccent

Aug 14, 2009
dropped frames recording video

I've been experiencing dropped video frames on various versions of LOS. Recording will go fine, but about every 25 seconds or so, for a second or two a bunch of frames will drop and the video will badly stutter (though audio remains intact). This is independent of which camera app I use (built-in, google camera, and arnova8g2 mod) and resolution (720p all the way to 4k). This issue was present for me up until the 5/14 nightly with the open beta 5 firmware. Upgrading to the 7/9 nightly and the open beta 11 firmware seems to have completely resolved the video stutter/lag, bit then I lost audio output from the headphone jack! Downgrading to the 5.1.3 firmware fixed the audio issue, but the video stutter returned.

Does anyone know of a firmware/build combo that will allow smooth video recording while keeping my headphone jack working?

Reactions: StrangeSavage

khan1989

Aug 19, 2011
London
I've been experiencing dropped video frames on various versions of LOS. Recording will go fine, but about every 25 seconds or so, for a second or two a bunch of frames will drop and the video will badly stutter (though audio remains intact). This is independent of which camera app I use (built-in, google camera, and arnova8g2 mod) and resolution (720p all the way to 4k). This issue was present for me up until the 5/14 nightly with the open beta 5 firmware. Upgrading to the 7/9 nightly and the open beta 11 firmware seems to have completely resolved the video stutter/lag, bit then I lost audio output from the headphone jack! Downgrading to the 5.1.3 firmware fixed the audio issue, but the video stutter returned.

Does anyone know of a firmware/build combo that will allow smooth video recording while keeping my headphone jack working?

I had the exact same issue whilst on holiday - for me the fix was to install Singularity kernal, i had realised i forgot to flash this after my last OTA update.

Anyone still having any issues with OTG? Seems to be a hit and a miss, seems like if i connect it to a charger first and then to the OTG it works fine.
Also, SMART LOCK issues are still present, have to disable it under Trust Agents for every restart.

Last edited:
Reactions: majoraccent

majoraccent

Aug 14, 2009
I had the exact same issue whilst on holiday - for me the fix was to install Singularity kernal, i had realised i forgot to flash this after my last OTA update.

Anyone still having any issues with OTG? Seems to be a hit and a miss, seems like if i connect it to a charger first and then to the OTG it works fine.
Also, SMART LOCK issues are still present, have to disable it under Trust Agents for every restart.

The singularity kernel appears to have fixed both the headphone media issue and the video recording stutter. It also seems, so far to provide slightly better battery life while the screen is on, for anyone interested in that.

bjoern!

May 1, 2008
I have just applied the procedure to get VoLTE and VoWifi working (https://xdaforums.com/oneplus-5t/how-to/guide-volte-vowifi-german-carriers-t3817542) and both (VoLTE and VoWifi) run smooth on Telekom DE and Vodafone DE within OOS 5.1.3.

When I now restore to LOS, VoLTE still seems to work fine but VoWifi does not. I see that this question has been asked a couple of times in this thread but always with no real response.

So once more: Is there a slight chance that VoWifi gets integrated into LOS anytime soon?

Last edited:

brittyboi

Jan 21, 2012
The singularity kernel appears to have fixed both the headphone media issue and the video recording stutter. It also seems, so far to provide slightly better battery life while the screen is on, for anyone interested in that.

Are you using the 5.1.3 firmware or the latest open beta firmware? From my testing, even with Singularity I still can't get headphone output on the latest open beta firmware. If this isn't the case for you, I'd love to know what you did :)

majoraccent

Aug 14, 2009
@brittyboi : to clarify, I am still on 5.1.3 firmware, with singularity kernel, working headphones, and stutter-free video recording.

I haven't tested OB11 firmware with singularity kernel, but both of my major issues are resolved with my current combo

Aug 28, 2017
So, I am having an issue with this, my phone after the custom room was installed doesn't turn the screen on reliably, what I mean by this, is that the screen sometimes doesn't wake, I can interact with the phone, as when I tap.where the home button is, it gives me a vibration, it'll eventually come on, but I have missed calls because of this, I clean installed it, wiping everything before hand, and the only time this was halfway fixed was when I installed the singularity custom kernel and put it on the chill governer with an overclock, someone please help with this as this is getting frustrating, it also has this issue with other roms

beginnerteur

Jun 30, 2012
Hello, I did a clean install of 16/07/2018 nightly. Every time I try to use panorama mode the camera app crashes. Is it an known camera bug or does it happen only to me?

[DAO]

Mar 19, 2012
Almaty
Hi Guys,
before I go and flash this ROM may i know a few things (features) about it, does it has:
1. battery circle style & percentage?
2. Back and Recent buttons swap option?
3. Alert slider: Vibro mode instead of Priority only?

Zark0s

Sep 27, 2017
[DAO said:
;77145971]Hi Guys,
before I go and flash this ROM may i know a few things (features) about it, does it has:
1. battery circle style & percentage?
2. Back and Recent buttons swap option?
3. Alert slider: Vibro mode instead of Priority only?
Hello,
1. No and yes
2. Yes
3. No

khan1989

Aug 19, 2011
London
Latest build seems to be causing some issues with the Bluetooth.
My Bluetooth wireless headphones seems be struggling to stay connected to it, constantly skipping tracks - will rest more thoroughly with other Bluetooth devices.

Top Liked Posts