FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Anyone do a battery replacement?

546 posts
Thanks Meter: 182

By worldsoutro, Senior Member on 5th January 2020, 04:11 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Coming up on two years with my lava red and gave it to my gf almost a year ago.

We are long distance so I want to replace the battery next time I see her. While I am doing it maybe replace the charging port. I saw a few videos and it looks pretty easy.

I was hoping by changing the battery I could squeeze out another two years out of it.

How has everyone's experience been with battery replacement?
29th January 2020, 02:33 PM |#2  
Flag Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Would love to hear of any experience on this also. My OP5T only gripe is that its battery is slowly having less charge. Past experience shows replacing the battery is not always for the best, as replacements are not as good as originals.
30th January 2020, 01:07 AM |#3  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 391

More
Wondering same thing. I've seen some battery's but if they aren't original then dash charging won't work
30th January 2020, 02:53 PM |#4  
Flag Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 17

More
I would probably go with this one: https://www.ifixit.com/Store/Android.../IF330-018?o=2 as it even has the required tools to replace it and good reviews. Will try it in a few months and will comment.
4th February 2020, 08:33 AM |#5  
Flag Reus
Thanks Meter: 7

More
I changed it on my old OnePlus 3, and by watching the how-to video on ifixit the procedure is very similar. I did it in less than 1 hour and the new battery worked well. Accubattery showed (on OP3) capacity of 2800mAh on the new battery and the original one was on 2100mAh, so I've notided the improvement. Hopefully for OP5T it also gets better
12th February 2020, 01:30 AM |#6  
Flag Acquacanina
Thanks Meter: 65

Donate to Me
More
Updates?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)