FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Black screen, LED light on after screen replacement

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By gsc0671, Junior Member on 8th May 2018, 09:41 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I replaced the screen on my OP 5T. No issues in doing this until I powered up.

All I get is a blue LED light. Nothing visible on the screen, no vibration, no sound.
I cannot even view a recovery menu. I can operate the buttons to turn the light on/off. That's it. Putting it on charge lights up the LED again.

OP5T - black screen, LED light on

I completed all steps using the unbicking tool from the link below, but no change to my issue:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/one...ation-t3733012

Could I have damaged something during the disassembly or assembly?

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.
13th February 2020, 10:50 PM |#2  

More
I'd like to bump this thread because I have exactly the same issue right now. I tried to replace my 5T's screen and now it won't turn on. When I try to turn it on, the LED just turns to some light blue, almost white color. No sound, no vibration and nothing on the screen. Does anyone know anything about this?
14th February 2020, 04:04 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
[WQUOTE=Rapti;81758205]I'd like to bump this thread because I have exactly the same issue right now. I tried to replace my 5T's screen and now it won't turn on. When I try to turn it on, the LED just turns to some light blue, almost white color. No sound, no vibration and nothing on the screen. Does anyone know anything about this?[/QUOTE]
Hey mate, I ended up sending my phone to OnePlus and they told me the mainboard was at fault. It needed to be replaced. I binned it, worst phone I've ever had and I dont plan to ever purchase a OnePlus phone again.

Good luck.
Today, 02:23 PM |#4  

More
Thanks for the reply, but I somehow solved my issue. I don't know what exactly caused the problem and how I fixed it, but one thing I did was to detach all ribbon cables from the mainboard and to then attach them again. My phone booted up normally after this.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)