FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

failed to mount /system structure needs cleaning

554 posts
Thanks Meter: 138

By Mairo, Senior Member on 11th March 2018, 11:14 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi,

I have this kind error after restoring nandroid backup?
Any fix advice?
I tried substractum theme, then it messed up something and everything freezes. Then i went in twrp and flashed substract recivery zip but sill everything was still strange. Then i dexided restore my 2 days old nandroid backup and I get this kind of error.
I have rooted. 5.0.4.
Right now i have this recovered nandroid backup and looks like everything is working but why this error.
I got same error when i flash kernel (structure needs cleaning), like in picture
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2018-03-11-10-08-11.png
Views:	1112
Size:	108.1 KB
ID:	4443719  
11th March 2018, 12:55 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mairo

Hi,

I have this kind error after restoring nandroid backup?
Any fix advice?
I tried substractum theme, then it messed up something and everything freezes. Then i went in twrp and flashed substract recivery zip but sill everything was still strange. Then i dexided restore my 2 days old nandroid backup and I get this kind of error.
I have rooted. 5.0.4.
Right now i have this recovered nandroid backup and looks like everything is working but why this error.
I got same error when i flash kernel (structure needs cleaning), like in picture

Hey bud,
I had the same issue when restoring my nandroid backup and I fixed it by doing the following:
1. Wipe the system partition only
2. Remount it as ext 4
3. Restore the system partition from your nandroid backup

If that doesn't work then try a different version of TWRP (Standard, Blu or codworkx)
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to BenisMusical For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BenisMusical Ad-Free
11th March 2018, 02:55 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 138

More
Ok. I will try it later.

Edit: looks like it fixed problem. So thaks BenisMusical!
The Following User Says Thank You to Mairo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mairo Ad-Free
26th September 2018, 11:24 PM |#4  
Flag Fife
Thanks Meter: 54

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenisMusical

Hey bud,
I had the same issue when restoring my nandroid backup and I fixed it by doing the following:
2. Remount it as ext 4

If that doesn't work then try a different version of TWRP (Standard, Blu or codworkx)

Thanks so much for posting this. Only fix I found that actually worked
The Following User Says Thank You to Shaneee For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Shaneee Ad-Free
23rd October 2018, 04:50 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Work in ZX1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaneee

Thanks so much for posting this. Only fix I found that actually worked

But not at once. First, the format of the "system" and "vendor" sections, after restoring only the "system" and "vendor", and then the "image and image systems and image vendor", and then restoring the OEM, otherwise it was a bootlope without OEM
The Following User Says Thank You to Magellan1991 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Magellan1991 Ad-Free
20th November 2018, 07:15 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:

Hey bud,
2. Remount it as ext 4

Same issue occuring for me. I have tried restoring multiple backups but same error every time. I can boot into the system by flashing the rom file and then restoring the data. But why cant i restore TWRP backup??
2nd August 2019, 03:50 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:

Hey bud,
2. Remount it as ext 4

Awesome post, thanks a lot.
It worked perfectly.
The Following User Says Thank You to Docomoco For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Docomoco Ad-Free
16th October 2019, 10:04 PM |#8  
Flag Zagreb
Thanks Meter: 13

Donate to Me
More
This was lifesaver!
4th November 2019, 10:35 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I did what BenisMusical recommended. Additionally I have to flash the last image. Without there was the boot loop...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)