FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Kernel questions

283 posts
Thanks Meter: 128

By blazewit, Senior Member on 2nd December 2019, 07:01 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
So I've been reading about kernel flashing on the op5t n im seeing tht to switch kernels u should dirty flash the stock rom b4 flashing the new kernel then reflash magisk to keep from any issues on oos. Does this apply if im flashing a new\switching kernels on a custom rom as well? Like i should still be dirty flashing the oos rom to switch kernels even if im on lineage? Or do i dirty flash lineage in tht case? If someone could please clarify the process id really appreciate it as everything i can find is all about oos based kernel switching not about if ur on a custom rom going from one kernel to another
2nd December 2019, 01:37 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazewit

So I've been reading about kernel flashing on the op5t n im seeing tht to switch kernels u should dirty flash the stock rom b4 flashing the new kernel then reflash magisk to keep from any issues on oos. Does this apply if im flashing a new\switching kernels on a custom rom as well? Like i should still be dirty flashing the oos rom to switch kernels even if im on lineage? Or do i dirty flash lineage in tht case? If someone could please clarify the process id really appreciate it as everything i can find is all about oos based kernel switching not about if ur on a custom rom going from one kernel to another

You should dirty flash lineage and then flash the kernel because if you flash a kernel on another kernel it may cause issues
The Following User Says Thank You to XavNotFound For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift XavNotFound Ad-Free
5th December 2019, 03:01 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Madison
Thanks Meter: 128

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XavNotFound

You should dirty flash lineage and then flash the kernel because if you flash a kernel on another kernel it may cause issues

Ok cool so its just tht you need to revert any changes made to \boot... So basically i only need to reflash magisk after doing the dirty flash of the rom on oos based roms then correct?
5th December 2019, 06:48 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazewit

Ok cool so its just tht you need to revert any changes made to \boot... So basically i only need to reflash magisk after doing the dirty flash of the rom on oos based roms then correct?

oh i mean it is the same with every rom, you have to dirty flash and then flash the kernel (sorry for being unclear with that one)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)