FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

TWRP asking for password instead of pattern!?

33 posts
Thanks Meter: 3
 
By shcxatter2, Member on 4th November 2019, 05:57 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
So I tried to install the latest OOS update, but it wasn't working, blah, blah, blah, a couple of times installing the recovery later, it's asking for a password not for a pattern. Does someone know how to deal with such situation, cause I don't want to loose all of my internal storage!?
I've tried different recoveries also, they don't even ask for password.
is there a way to decrypt the data if I know my password, I mean not through recovery?
14th November 2019, 10:00 PM |#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shcxatter2

So I tried to install the latest OOS update, but it wasn't working, blah, blah, blah, a couple of times installing the recovery later, it's asking for a password not for a pattern. Does someone know how to deal with such situation, cause I don't want to loose all of my internal storage!?
I've tried different recoveries also, they don't even ask for password.
is there a way to decrypt the data if I know my password, I mean not through recovery?

Maybe it is just asking to choose a password. I think in another case that was the solution. What influence this would have of your internal storage I cannot tell.
14th November 2019, 10:36 PM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie..

Maybe it is just asking to choose a password. I think in another case that was the solution. What influence this would have of your internal storage I cannot tell.

No it's not asking me to choose a password, because if I enter just whatever, it says, wrong password, and don't you think I would've tried that!?
What influence? The kernel encrypts your whole internal storage if you don't know the password!
But, whatever, I don't know why you reply if you don't have a concrete answer on the matter, considering the fact that this thread is more than a week old, I already wiped everything cause there was no solution.
15th November 2019, 06:54 AM |#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Considering that you did not update this thread how the hell should I know that you full wiped your phone by the time I answered?
You did not provide needed information:

"blah, blah, blah, a couple of times installing the recovery later,"

What does blah blah mean and which version were you on, etc.

I knew that my answer may not be the solution to your problem. But guess what: There still was a chance that it was the right answer.

I rather try to help anyone who asks for help even if there is only a small chance that I can provide some help instead of telling myself that I'm not 100 % sure and keep silent.

You put your phone in that status it was all by yourself and try to let your anger out on my answer. If it makes you happy go on.
When you are done you can provide the missing information, explain what you tried and that you ended up in a full wipe. Then you should close the thread.

Anyway I hope that you phone now works with the latest update after the full wipe.
The Following User Says Thank You to charlie.. For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift charlie.. Ad-Free
15th November 2019, 02:51 PM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shcxatter2

No it's not asking me to choose a password, because if I enter just whatever, it says, wrong password, and don't you think I would've tried that!?
What influence? The kernel encrypts your whole internal storage if you don't know the password!
But, whatever, I don't know why you reply if you don't have a concrete answer on the matter, considering the fact that this thread is more than a week old, I already wiped everything cause there was no solution.

You seem pleasant.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
decrypt, password, recovery, twrp

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes