FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Unable to boot into TWRP recovery (twrp-3.2.3-1 dumpling/OOS 9.0.3 Pie)

7 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By _Kingo, Junior Member on 7th February 2019, 11:36 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey Guys,
somehow, I seem to be too dumb to install TWRP to my new dumpling. I did the following:

- run the official updates (9.0.3 Pie)
- unlock the bootloader using adb
- successfully flash the latest TWRP recovery (twrp-3.2.3-1 dumpling from their HP)

So far, no problems at all. Then I booted directly into recovery, so it won't be overwritten again: I tried unplug + Power/Volume Down, command "fastboot reboot recovery" and selecting recovery from the menu. But everytime I end up with the beautiful stock recovery, I never even saw the TWRP interface.

Any suggestions ? Any help would be much appreciated!!
My only idea: The latest TWRP is from 08/2018, maybe its not compatible to Pie ?!
7th February 2019, 01:56 PM |#2  
Flag vienna
Thanks Meter: 114

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kingo

Hey Guys,
somehow, I seem to be too dumb to install TWRP to my new dumpling. I did the following:

- successfully flash the latest TWRP recovery (twrp-3.2.3-1 dumpling from their HP)

So far, no problems at all. Then I booted directly into recovery, so it won't be overwritten again: I tried unplug + Power/Volume Down, command "fastboot reboot recovery" and selecting recovery from the menu. But everytime I end up with the beautiful stock recovery, I never even saw the TWRP interface.

My only idea: The latest TWRP is from 08/2018, maybe its not compatible to Pie ?!

hi dude, to stay on TWRP you have to flash MAGISK, if not TWRP will always be overwritten by the StockRecovery!!

flash TWRP
reboot into TWRP
flash Magisk within TWRP
reboot system

happy flashing!
7th February 2019, 02:06 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicorvienne

hi dude, to stay on TWRP you have to flash MAGISK, if not TWRP will always be overwritten by the StockRecovery!!

flash TWRP
reboot into TWRP
flash Magisk within TWRP
reboot system

happy flashing!

Hi, thanks, but I think you did not understand my problem: I can't reboot into TWRP. Instead I end up in stock, no matter what I do...
7th February 2019, 05:56 PM |#4  
Flag vienna
Thanks Meter: 114

More
Quote:

Hi, thanks, but I think you did not understand my problem: I can't reboot into TWRP. Instead I end up in stock, no matter what I do...

hi dude, sorry - now i got you

# after flashed TWRP unplug your device and reboot directly into the bootloader-mode (‘Volume Up’ + ‘Power’ button altogether) and navigate to 'Recovery' or
# fastboot boot 'recovery.img'

i recommend flashing twrp-3.2.3-x_blu_spark_v9.91_treble-op5_op5t.img : https://github.com/engstk/android_de...urger/releases
7th February 2019, 06:12 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
SOLVED
I tried the 9.x recovery from this thread:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/one...0-8-1-t3729673
works like a charm!
I thougth, the official TWRP site would be the best source, but well... lesson learnt. Anyway, thanks for trying to help, nicorvienne
12th March 2019, 04:20 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:

Hey Guys,

try this.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/one...ework-t3910141
9th December 2019, 04:34 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Newbie needs help twrp
I am having the same problem and I have tried everything I unlock bootloader and flash TWRP successfully except I can never get into TWRP I try the key combo I tried to use the fastboot command all it does is it brings me back to fastboot mode how can I get to twrp with my new OnePlus 5T
9th December 2019, 06:49 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]

I am having the same problem and I have tried everything I unlock bootloader and flash TWRP successfully except I can never get into TWRP I try the key combo I tried to use the fastboot command all it does is it brings me back to fastboot mode how can I get to twrp with my new OnePlus 5T

try to flash an older version of twrp through "ADB minimal fast boot".
12th January 2020, 10:36 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
I use Twrp and am not using Magisk or rooted.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)