FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
OnePlus 6 Development Program

ROM & Kernel customization options wishlist

5,866 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,169

By CZ Eddie, Senior Member on 14th June 2018, 02:17 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Post up your wish-list of custom options for custom ROM's (non OP) and Kernels and I'll add them to the OP.
This is for options that you aren't finding in any ROM, or at least not in your favorite ROM.
Feel free to mention your current ROM if you like but this thread is NOT about which ROM is the best or your favorite.
Please don't turn it into that.

I'll try to bold new suggestions every day or so till the thread gets tired.
  • *Ability to filter out specific notifications from appearing (ie: NotifyClean)
  • *Bring "only show running apps" option back to Slim Recents.
  • *Clearly mentioned in OP if rom supports encryption/decryption.
  • *Day/Night - Provide option to switch between two different Substratum themes at toggle of a button.
  • *Fix the earphone bug.
  • *Fully working OOS camera
  • *Now Playing features from Pixel 2 XL detect song from lockscreen via ambient
  • *Option to remove USB Debugging notification is missing on some newer ROM's.
  • *Ring on charge complete
  • *Vibration - Would like to have option for more than 100% vibration.

14th June 2018, 08:45 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 71

More
- Clearly mentioned in OP if rom supports encryption/decryption. That is not always the case and people ask many times in the same thread.
- Long press back to kill foreground app.
14th June 2018, 12:55 PM |#3  
Flag Manchester, NH
Thanks Meter: 202

More
Fully working OOS camera times 100. Literally the only thing stopping me from switching from OOS betas. I'm aware of the Google Camera functionality and also about all its problems.
14th June 2018, 03:15 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Ability to filter out specific notifications from appearing. For example, my wife and I 'share' an Amazon Prime Photos account. I don't want a 'Successfully uploaded photos from your 3rd device' notification every time she uploads something. But I don't want to mute notifications for the whole app (or sometimes even notification group) as I may not get the 'upload progress' notifications' anymore. The Xposed module Notify Clean was perfect pre-Nougat and AutoNotification works alright post-Nougat, but it would be nice if this was baked into the ROM.
14th June 2018, 06:27 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Austin, TX

Donate to Me
More
OP updated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pargas

- Long press back to kill foreground app.

Just FYI, this is already available in every custom ROM I've tried so far.
You just have to enable the navigation bar options and then go into the button editor. I set up all my ROM's with this. And set the home button to open camera on long press.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crakerjac

The Xposed module Notify Clean was perfect pre-Nougat and AutoNotification works alright post-Nougat, but it would be nice if this was baked into the ROM.

OMG, if NotifyClean ever gets updated for Oreo I will go back to using Xposed again.
I really miss that app and some of the others by that dev.
The Following User Says Thank You to CZ Eddie For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CZ Eddie Ad-Free
15th June 2018, 08:37 AM |#6  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 96

More
Hello there,

First off, the only couple things that stopping me to move from stock to a custom rom is the OOS camera (as mentioned above) and mostly the earphone bug. The mic on the phone and the earphones seems to be activated during a call and it gets pretty annoying to hear an amplified background of your environment and the person's on the other end, seems like most custom roms have this problem.

I've also long wanted to see ''ring on charge complete'' on the OP5T.

Thank you for asking.
15th June 2018, 08:53 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Sorry i know this feature is hard to make but Now Playing features from Pixel 2 XL detect song from lockscreen
15th June 2018, 07:35 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by enzo2001

Sorry i know this feature is hard to make but Now Playing features from Pixel 2 XL detect song from lockscreen

Like this?
IMG
15th June 2018, 08:53 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crakerjac

Like this?

IMG

No what i mean is it detect song using ambient display it will display black screen with the title of the song
16th June 2018, 01:28 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Austin, TX

Donate to Me
More
OP updated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superviked

I've also long wanted to see ''ring on charge complete'' on the OP5T.

I think this might be an option using Light Flow?
If you really want it then it might be worth looking into.
It does custom ringtones for certain actions.
And they can be backed up for ROM re-flashes as long as the ringtone is stored in the usual spot /system/media/sounds/etc.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...roid.lightflow
The Following User Says Thank You to CZ Eddie For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CZ Eddie Ad-Free
16th June 2018, 03:23 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Austin, TX

Donate to Me
More
To clarify my personal request here:

Quote:

*Day/Night - Provide option to switch between two different Substratum themes at toggle of a button.

A few ROM's provide built in day/night theme options.
But they don't theme apps like phone or calculator or anything else.
They only theme the settings and drop-down and a couple other things.
I want a nice non-tasker hack.
And would be willing to donate for it :lol:
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)