FORUMS

[OFFICIAL] OxygenOS 10.0.0 (Android Q 10.0) OTA for OnePlus 5T (dumpling)

4,684 posts
Thanks Meter: 17,297

Post Reply Email Thread

ANNOUNCEMENT
Hey everyone,

Here is the fist Android 10 stable build for the OnePlus 5/5T.

Changelog:
Code:
System:
• Upgraded to Android 10
• Brand new UI design
• Enhanced location permissions for privacy
• New customization feature in settings allowing you to choose icon shapes to be displayed in the Quick Settings

Game Space:
• New Game Space feature - now add all your favourite games in one place for easier access and better gaming experience

• Now possible to block spam by keywords for Message (Messages -> Spam -> Settings -> Blocking settings)

Full Screen Gestures
• Removed back gesture from the bottom of the screen
• Added back gesture on the left and right side of the phone
• Added a bottom navigation bar to allow switching left or right for recent apps

Camera
• Electronic Image Stabilization currently under optimization and will be pushed in the later stable versions, please stay tuned
Explore what's new on Android 10 here.

Notes:
• OnePlus Switch cannot back up data stored in lockbox, it is recommended to move the lockbox data out or save it to other equipment to avoid data loss.
• After this update, the backups from OnePlus Switch may not show up. You can fix this issue by updating to the latest OnePlus Switch version from the Play Store.
• If you don't have the Community app installed on your device, feel free to download it from here. You can check here for more information on the integrated Feedback tool. Make sure to let us know how you feel about the build here in the thread too, we look forward to reading your feedback.
• Click here to find out how to take logs on OxygenOS.

Warning: Please remove your existing screen lock/pin/pattern/password and set it to swipe before starting the update process.

DOWNLOADS

Full ROM Zips:
OxygenOS 10.0.0 HotFix: Official Link | AndroidFileHost Mirror | Google Drive Mirror
MD5: 5cd5d2dbfd938ece3ad2ce37a1d5b8b0

Custom Recoveries:
TWRP by mauronofrio: Official Link
TWRP by poad42: Official Link
blu_spark TWRP by eng.stk: Official Link
Official TWRP by Dees_Troy: Official Link

Root:
Magisk: Official Link

Warning: Do not flash partial update OTAs (under 1 GB) on a modified/rooted device! If you want to use partial OTAs, you must first flash the full OxygenOS zip that it applies to, and then flash the partial OTA from stock recovery. Flashing partial OTAs from TWRP will either fail or soft brick your device. You can return to a usable state by flashing a full zip in recovery.

FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS

Download the necessary files from the section above and follow the steps below:

Note: Dirty flashing is fine if you are running an old OxygenOS version or a ROM based on OxygenOS. If you are, however, coming from a Custom ROM, you must clean flash.

For Non-Rooted Users with a Locked Bootloader and Stock Recovery:
  • Download the full zip/incremental OTA from the downloads section above and place it in the root of your internal memory
  • Reboot to stock recovery > Shutdown device > Press Volume Down + Power buttons together
  • Select language > Install menu > Install from internal > Select the full zip > Flash
  • After a successful flash > Wipe cache
  • Reboot
Note: First boot may take some time, so please be patient and wait for it to boot.

[Dirty Flash] For Users with an Unlocked Bootloader and TWRP Recovery coming from H2OS/OOS:
  • Download the full ROM zip from the downloads section above
  • Transfer the zip to the root of your device's internal storage
  • Only needed if you are using a TWRP that does not ignore the compatibility.zip check: Remove the compatibility.zip from the downloaded full ROM zip with either MiXplorer or Total Commander (not with any other tool!) on your device itself
  • Reboot to TWRP and take a nandroid backup of your existing ROM
  • Flash Magisk Uninstaller (recommended)
  • From the TWRP menu, Wipe > Advanced wipe > Select dalvik-cache and cache > Swipe to wipe
  • From the TWRP menu, Install > Select full ROM zip > Swipe to flash
  • Flash the latest stable Magisk in case you want to root
  • From the TWRP menu, Wipe > Advanced wipe > Select dalvik-cache and cache > Swipe to wipe
  • If you were decrypted earlier, flash xXx No Verity 4.0.zip from here
  • Reboot
Note: First boot may take some time, so please be patient and wait for it to boot.

Warning: Dirty flashing (update) can be risky! Remember that if you face issues after dirty flashing, you will have to clean flash.

[Clean Flash] For Users with an Unlocked Bootloader and TWRP Recovery:
  • Download the full ROM zip from the downloads section above
  • Transfer the zip to the root of your device's internal storage
  • Only needed if you are using a TWRP that does not ignore the compatibility.zip check: Remove the compatibility.zip from the downloaded full ROM zip with either MiXplorer or Total Commander (not with any other tool!) on your device itself
  • Reboot to TWRP and take a nandroid backup of your existing ROM
  • Flash Magisk Uninstaller (recommended)
  • From the TWRP menu, Wipe > Advanced wipe > Select dalvik-cache, cache, system, vendor and data> Swipe to wipe
  • From the TWRP menu, Install > Select full ROM zip (modified one with compatibility.zip removed, in case you're on Oreo or unmodified one, in case you're on Pie) > Swipe to flash
  • Flash the latest stable Magisk in case you want to root
  • Optional: If you wish to decrypt, format data via TWRP (please note that wiping the data partition, which we did in the 5th step above, is not the same as formatting it) and after that flash xXx No Verity 4.0.zip from here
  • Reboot

Never Settle.

XDA:DevDB Information
[OFFICIAL] OxygenOS Stable for OnePlus 5T (dumpling), ROM for the OnePlus 5T

Contributors
Funk Wizard, shadowstep, Some_Random_Username
ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x

Version Information

Created 2018-10-08
Last Updated 2020-06-28
The Following 146 Users Say Thank You to Funk Wizard For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Funk Wizard Ad-Free
23rd November 2017, 05:58 PM |#2  
OP Forum Moderator
Flag New Delhi

More
Download Section moved to OP and Thread now maintained by:

Thread Contributors:
@shadowstep
@Funk Wizard
The Following 72 Users Say Thank You to Funk Wizard For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Funk Wizard Ad-Free
23rd November 2017, 05:58 PM |#3  
OP Forum Moderator
Flag New Delhi

More
Flashing Instructions moved to OP and thread now maintained by:

Thread Contributors:
@shadowstep
@Funk Wizard
The Following 50 Users Say Thank You to Funk Wizard For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Funk Wizard Ad-Free
24th November 2017, 03:31 PM |#4  
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Detmold
Thanks Meter: 1,687

More
Thanks, works. Am unlocked and with TWRP installed. Had to use this method.
The Following User Says Thank You to mad-murdock For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mad-murdock Ad-Free
24th November 2017, 04:53 PM |#5  
OP Forum Moderator
Flag New Delhi

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad-murdock

Thanks, works. Am unlocked and with TWRP installed. Had to use this method.

Woh ... Sup buddy, Glad to greet you here with 5T. I still remember and appreciate your contribution over the the 3/3T unified TWRP thread. Thank you once again for your active contribution and support towards oneplus devices and i hope to see you around
25th November 2017, 01:29 AM |#6  
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Detmold
Thanks Meter: 1,687

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funk Wizard

Woh ... Sup buddy, Glad to greet you here with 5T. I still remember and appreciate your contribution over the the 3/3T unified TWRP thread. Thank you once again for your active contribution and support towards oneplus devices and i hope to see you around

Hey mate, nice you remember me. With a new OnePlus device at my hands I sure stay around for a month or two before I lose interest in Forums once again.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mad-murdock For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mad-murdock Ad-Free
3rd December 2017, 06:32 PM |#7  
OP Forum Moderator
Flag New Delhi

More
TWRP updated to unofficial 3.2.0-0 on the OP and tested working fine

Sent from my OnePlus5T using XDA Labs
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Funk Wizard For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Funk Wizard Ad-Free
5th December 2017, 05:40 PM |#8  
Flag Dortmund
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Is F2FS supported? My phone stucks into boot screen for a while now. Thanks

Edit: changed to ext4 and it's working now...
5th December 2017, 08:12 PM |#9  
Flag Wassenaar
Thanks Meter: 1,971

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funk Wizard

TWRP updated to unofficial 3.2.0-0 on the OP and tested working fine

Same issue here as with other TWRP versions, no idea why...

The Following User Says Thank You to Pfeffernuss For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Pfeffernuss Ad-Free
6th December 2017, 02:47 AM |#10  
Flag Viseu
Thanks Meter: 206

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfeffernuss

No issues with any twrp version here

Sent from my OnePlus5T using XDA Labs
6th December 2017, 04:26 AM |#11  
Flag J'Ville
Thanks Meter: 4,588

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfeffernuss

I have the same issues with all TWRP but opposite, it happens when I do a restore from backup, issue never resolved
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bradl79 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Bradl79 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)