Here is the latest open beta builds for OnePlus 5T

Release notes

System
Updated Android security patch to June 2018

OnePlus Switch

General bug fixes and data transfer stability improvement

Camera
Camera clarity improvement and optimizations to reduce "oil painting effect"

Please keep in mind that this is beta software. These builds are sometimes not as stable as our official OTAs generally are. By installing this update, you accept the potential risks.

And please remember to tell us about any bugs you may find using the bug report forums, found here. https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/

Please note:

If you have already flashed an Open Beta (you are currently running the latest Open Beta) you will receive this new build as an OTA.

If you ARE NOT running open beta software and would like to, please refer to the flashing instructions and the full ROM found on the downloads page here: http://downloads.oneplus.com/

Once you migrate to the Beta path, you will continue to receive Open Beta OTAs. You will NO LONGER receive the regular Official Stable OTAs.

Moving back to the Official OTA path from the Beta path will require a full install and clean flash (FULL WIPE of all data and cache)

Make sure to let us know how you feel about the beta builds here in the thread too, we are watching.

Note - Feedback survey for OBT 11 for OP 5 and OBT 9 for OP 5T
Please take the below survey and let us know your thoughts about the Last OBT builds for your OP5 and OP5T.
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/RN2M2XW

Thank You all for your Support

Never Settle

How to take logs on OOS : here
The Following 86 Users Say Thank You to Funk Wizard For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Funk Wizard Ad-Free

27th December 2017, 01:28 PM |#2  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 7,033

More
Download Section

Beta 10 Full Zip
Official
MD5: 9782f0f4e3dfeae7eb5cac945cd9243e

TWRP (Unlocked Users)
Codeworkx TWRP | Blu_Spark TWRP

Magisk 15.3 | Magisk Uninstaller

Stock Recovery

Never Settle

Warning: Do not flash partial update OTAs (under 1 GB) on a modified device! If you want to use partial OTAs, you must first flash a Full Zip that it applies to, and then flash the partial OTA from stock recovery. Flashing partial OTAs from TWRP will either fail or soft brick your device. You can return to a usable state by flashing one of the above full zips in recovery.
The Following 49 Users Say Thank You to Funk Wizard For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Funk Wizard Ad-Free
27th December 2017, 01:28 PM |#3  
Flag New Delhi

More
Flashing Instructions:

Download the necessary files from the post above and follow as below:

PS: Clean Flash Recommended, Dirty flash is fine if you are running a previous OOS Beta version, else if you come from a custom rom Clean Flash only.

Caution: Please remove your existing screen lock/Pin/Pattern/ Password and set it to swipe before starting the update process. Although in my testing i was able to update fine keeping my pin but some have reported unable to unlock after the 8.1 update, thus remove as precaution.

Also Remove all Substratum Overlays, Deactivate Xposed Modules and Uninstall Xposed and any other mods that may not be compatible with the new release and security patch

********************* For Stock Non Rooted Users with Stock Recovery *****************

1. Download the Beta Full Zip from above link and place it in the root folder.

2. Reboot to Stock Recovery > Shutdown the Device > Press Vol Down + Power Together

3. Select Language > Install menu > Install from internal > Select Beta Full Zip > Flash

4. Upon Successful Flash > Wipe Cache

5. Reboot Once Done

Device will reboot & your OnePlus 5T is now running on the latest OxygenOS Open Beta Firmware & OS based on Android Oreo 8.1

PS: The first boot may take some time so keep calm and wait for it to boot.

************************ For Unlocked Users with TWRP Recovery Method 1************************

Download the required files from Post 2

Once you have downloaded all the required files on you device, please follow as below

1. Tested on both Codeworkx TWRP

2. Reboot Recovery and Take a Nandroid of your existing ROM just in case you need it

3. Flash Magisk Uninstaller

4. Wipe > Advance Wipe > Select Dalvik & Cache > Swipe to Wipe

5. Install Menu > Select OOS Beta 6 Full Rom Zip > Swipe to Flash

6. Flash Magisk 15.3 to maintain root & Wipe Dalvik & Cache once done

7. Reboot System and Enjoy OOS 8.1 without any data loss

8. Upon Reboot Open Magisk Manager & update the Manager App and Magisk 16.0

PS: Some users reported bootloop flashing Magisk 16.0 thus i recommend flashing 15.3 and later updating it in OS.

Device will reboot and your OnePlus 5T is now running on the latest OxygenOS Beta firmware & OS based on Android Oreo 8.1

Never Settle

The first boot may take some time so keep calm

PS: Do not flash partial update OTAs (under 1 GB) on a modified device! If you want to use partial OTAs, you must first flash a full OTA that it applies to, and then flash the partial OTA from stock recovery. Flashing partial OTAs from TWRP will either fail or soft brick your device. You can return to a usable state by flashing one of the above full OTA zips in recovery.
The Following 36 Users Say Thank You to Funk Wizard For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Funk Wizard Ad-Free
27th December 2017, 01:41 PM |#4  
Westlake, OH
Thanks Meter: 370

More
Good to know this is here.
The Following User Says Thank You to xocomaox For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xocomaox Ad-Free
27th December 2017, 01:48 PM |#5  
Account currently disabled
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 621

Donate to Me
More
Good it is about time.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Schrotty35 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Schrotty35 Ad-Free
27th December 2017, 01:51 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Nice present for the past XMas
The Following User Says Thank You to OrtizFerrari For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift OrtizFerrari Ad-Free
27th December 2017, 02:01 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Do we need to Full Wipe or is it OTA?
27th December 2017, 02:01 PM |#8  
Recognized Translator
Flag I don't remember...
Thanks Meter: 983

Donate to Me
More
This is the best news of the day. Thanks for sharing.
The Following User Says Thank You to novas78 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift novas78 Ad-Free
27th December 2017, 02:15 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 138

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juli112

Almost shure that if you have the phone stock you can make a manual update through the ONEPLUS update app just by downloading the full zip to internal memory without data loss
27th December 2017, 02:26 PM |#10  
Flag New Delhi

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juli112

Won't be an OTA you need to manually flash it by downloading the full zip. Both stock recovery or twrp can be used for it. I will update the instructions once the build is out along with the changelog

Please keep in mind that this is beta software. These builds are sometime NOT as stable as our official OTAs generally are. By installing this update, you accept the potential risks of data loss.

Once you migrate to the Beta path, you will continue to receive Open Beta OTAs. You will NO LONGER receive the regular Official Stable OTAs.

Reverting back to the Official OTA path from the Beta path will require a full install and clean flash (FULL WIPE of all data and cache).

Sent from my OnePlus5T using XDA Labs
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Funk Wizard For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Funk Wizard Ad-Free
27th December 2017, 02:29 PM |#11  
Flag Bhubaneswar
Thanks Meter: 1

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funk Wizard

Hi Everyone,

Hope everyone is enjoying the holidays, and at the same time the team is working hard on the deadlines.

As per OnePlus Deutschland @oneplus_DE:
https://twitter.com/OnePlus_DE/statu...210667520?s=17

The Translation says: Christmas is over, but we still have a present for you! How about the Open Beta for Android Oreo on the OnePlus 5T ?

I will post the details as and when released.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays !!

Join my Telegram Group to Stay Updated with the Latest
https://telegram.me/OnePlusHub

😍😍😍
The Following User Says Thank You to priyabratsahoo021 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift priyabratsahoo021 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)