FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[OFFICIAL] OxygenOS Open Beta 33 (Android Pie 9.0) OTA for OnePlus 5T (dumpling)

4,492 posts
Thanks Meter: 15,633

Post Reply Email Thread

ANNOUNCEMENT
Hey everyone,

We are very excited to announce that we are ready to roll out Open Beta builds based on Android™ 9 Pie™ for the OnePlus 5/5T. Thank you for your patience and we hope you enjoy Pie.

Changelog:
Code:
Please note that this is the last Open Beta for the OnePlus 5T; to move back to official MP stream, download the following zip: Rollback Build (this will wipe your data)

System:
• General bug fixes and stability improvements

Weather:
• Improved scrolling experience for switching between pages
• Weather cards for multiple cities can now be rearranged or deleted by tapping and holding on them
• Optimized user experience by allowing you to use the app while app permission to access GPS location is disabled

Phone:
• Improved animation effects when switching between pages
• Improved experience with searching for contacts
• Optimized quick responses for declined calls and supported editing quick responses

Zen Mode:
• Added Zen Mode to help you keep away from your phone for 20 minutes
Please keep in mind that this is a beta software. These builds are sometimes not as stable as our official OTAs. By installing this update, you accept the potential risks. And please remember to tell us about any bugs you may find using the bug reporting forum here.

We have integrated the Feedback Tool into the Community App and you can report bugs and share logs directly to our bug hunters with the Community App.

To submit a new bug report, follow the steps below:
Open the Community App > Profile > Feedback > Click on + icon > Select a category > Fill in the details, attach screenshots (if any) > Submit
The tool will capture logs based on the category.

In some cases, you might have to record the logs for a longer period and reproduce the issue before you can submit a bug report (for example, network drops, etc.). For such cases, follow the steps below:
Open the Community App > Profile > Feedback > Click on + icon > Select a category > Fill in the details, attach screenshots (if any) > Start recording > (The app records logs in the background) > Once the issue has been reproduced > Stop recording > Submit

Do try out the new Feedback Tool; it is now much easier and simpler for our community to report bugs and share feedback with us. If you have any questions or need help, please contact us at [email protected].

Note:
  • If you have already flashed an Open Beta build (i.e. you are currently running the latest Open Beta build), you will receive this new build as an OTA update.
  • If you are not running an Open Beta build and would like to do so, please refer to the flashing instructions on the downloads page here. A full data wipe is required before updating from a stable build to an Open Beta build.
  • Once you migrate to the beta path, you will continue to receive Open Beta OTAs; you will no longer receive the regular official stable OTAs.
  • Moving back to the official stable OTA path from the beta path will require a full install and clean flash (i.e. full wipe of all data and cache).

Make sure to let us know how you feel about the beta builds here in the thread too, we are watching.

Click here to find out how to take logs on OxygenOS.

DOWNLOADS

Full ROM Zips:
OxygenOS Open Beta 33: Official Link | AndroidFileHost Mirror | Google Drive Mirror
MD5: b62ca2d674c944628376876ccd6cce89

Custom Recoveries:
TWRP by codeworkx (v3.3.x requires OxygenOS Pie Firmware to work): Official Link
TWRP by siankatabg (v3.3.x requires OxygenOS Pie Firmware to work): Official Link
blu_spark TWRP by eng.stk (v3.3.x requires OxygenOS Pie Firmware to work): Official Link

Warning: v3.3.x-x based recoveries may cause bootloop, use the older v3.2.3-x based ones.

Root:
Magisk: Official Link

Warning: Do not flash partial update OTAs (under 1 GB) on a modified/rooted device! If you want to use partial OTAs, you must first flash the full OxygenOS zip that it applies to, and then flash the partial OTA from stock recovery. Flashing partial OTAs from TWRP will either fail or soft brick your device. You can return to a usable state by flashing one of the above full zips in recovery.

FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS

Download the necessary files from the section above and follow the steps below:

Note: Dirty flashing is fine if you are running an old OxygenOS version or a ROM based on OxygenOS. If you are, however, coming from a Custom ROM, you must clean flash.

Caution: Please remove your existing screen lock/pin/pattern/password and set it to swipe before starting the update process. Although during our testing, we were able to update fine keeping my either of those security options, but one user reported issues with unlocking his device after the Android Pie update, and hence this precaution.

For Non-Rooted Users with a Locked Bootloader and Stock Recovery:
  • Download the full zip/incremental OTA from the downloads section above and place it in the root of your internal memory
  • Reboot to stock recovery > Shutdown device > Press Volume Down + Power buttons together
  • Select language > Install menu > Install from internal > Select the full zip > Flash
  • After a successful flash > Wipe cache
  • Reboot
Note: First boot may take some time, so please be patient and wait for it to boot.

[Dirty Flash] For Users with an Unlocked Bootloader and TWRP Recovery coming from H2OS Oreo/Pie, Stable OOS Oreo/Pie, OOS OB Oreo/Pie:
  • Download the full ROM zip from the downloads section above
  • Transfer the zip to the root of your device's internal storage
  • Only needed if you are coming from Oreo and use a TWRP that does not ignore the compatibility.zip check: Remove the compatibility.zip from the downloaded full ROM zip with either MiXplorer or Total Commander (not with any other tool!) on your device itself
  • Reboot to TWRP recovery (make sure you're using an Oreo TWRP if you're on Oreo Firmware/ROM or Pie TWRP if you're on Pie Firmware/ROM) and take a nandroid backup of your existing ROM
  • Flash Magisk Uninstaller (recommended)
  • From the TWRP menu, Wipe > Advanced wipe > Select dalvik-cache and cache > Swipe to wipe
  • From the TWRP menu, Install > Select full ROM zip (modified one with compatibility.zip removed, in case you're on Oreo or unmodified one, in case you're on Pie) > Swipe to flash
  • Flash the latest stable Magisk in case you want to root
  • From the TWRP menu, Wipe > Advanced wipe > Select dalvik-cache and cache > Swipe to wipe
  • If you were decrypted earlier, flash Disable DM-Verity and ForceEncrypt 2.0 (OP5-5T-Treble).zip from here
  • Reboot
Note: First boot may take some time, so please be patient and wait for it to boot.

Warning: Dirty flashing (update) can be risky! Remember that if you face issues after dirty flashing, you will have to clean flash.

[Clean Flash] For Users with an Unlocked Bootloader and TWRP Recovery:
  • Download the full ROM zip from the downloads section above
  • Transfer the zip to the root of your device's internal storage
  • Only needed if you are coming from Oreo and use a TWRP that does not ignore the compatibility.zip check: Remove the compatibility.zip from the downloaded full ROM zip with either MiXplorer or Total Commander (not with any other tool!) on your device itself
  • Reboot to TWRP recovery (make sure you're using an Oreo TWRP if you're on Oreo Firmware/ROM or Pie TWRP if you're on Pie Firmware/ROM) and take a nandroid backup of your existing ROM
  • Flash Magisk Uninstaller (recommended)
  • From the TWRP menu, Wipe > Advanced wipe > Select dalvik-cache, cache, system, vendor and data> Swipe to wipe
  • From the TWRP menu, Install > Select full ROM zip (modified one with compatibility.zip removed, in case you're on Oreo or unmodified one, in case you're on Pie) > Swipe to flash
  • Flash the latest stable Magisk in case you want to root
  • Optional: If you wish to decrypt, format data via TWRP (please note that wiping the data partition, which we did in the 5th step above, is not the same as formatting it) and after that flash Disable DM-Verity and ForceEncrypt 2.0 (OP5-5T-Treble).zip from here
  • Reboot

Never Settle.

XDA:DevDB Information
[OFFICIAL] OxygenOS Open Beta for the OnePlus 5T, ROM for the OnePlus 5T

Contributors
Funk Wizard, shadowstep, infected_
ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x

Version Information
Current Beta Version: 

Created 2018-10-08
Last Updated 2019-06-26
The Following 107 Users Say Thank You to Funk Wizard For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Funk Wizard Ad-Free

27th December 2017, 01:28 PM |#2  
OP Forum Moderator
Flag New Delhi

More
Some FAQ's on Android Pie Release

Q. Why is my brightness low after upgrading to Android Pie 9.0?

A: Google introduced new algorithm for the brightness which will give more control to the user specially in darker environments. The user have to train the brightness preferences for some time in different lighting conditions they use their device so that the device learns it and then adjusts the brightness automatically after that.
More here: https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/b...id-pie.909531/

Q. Where is clear Cache in Android Pie?

A: Cache partition no longer is available on Pie. So there is no option for clearing it. One has to clear cache by individual app now.
https://www.howtogeek.com/356365/why...che-partition/

Cache's Explained Here:
https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/c...lained.828298/

Q. Why is there no Digital Well-Being available in OnePlus device running Pie?

A: Digital Wellbeing is currently available only to Pixel devices and Nokia 7 Plus. This may change in near future and OnePlus may be added to its supported device list.

Q.Why is "X" app crashing in my phone running Android Pie?

A: Many apps are still not updated to support Android Pie, that is the reason they are not able to run in the new OS. Contacting the app developer will be much more helpful.

Q. I downgraded to stable channel, but did not receive the update to Pie, why?

A: The wide-rollout has begun, its only matter of time, you will get the notification for the new update.

Q. Why is my battery draining so fast after update?

A: This is a major upgrade, you should give it some time to settle before the battery starts working normally. Also battery calibration is always a good way to get most out of it.

Q. I do not like the new Recents layout, what can i do?

A: Unfortunately, nothing can be done about it. Its how Google designed it.

Q. I cannot activate the new Pill gestures, why?

A: Sometimes update messes up app data and settings. To solve this clear OnePlus Launcher data and reboot the device.

Q. My Play Store is showing "uncertified" after i downgraded to stable, how can i solve it?

A: Clear Google Play Services data and Play store data and Reboot. Let Play store update automatically and it should change the status to Certified.

Q. Why cannot i use volume buttons to control the ringtone volume in Android Pie?

A. Google has made change to it, now we can change media volume by default. OnePlus has provided a shortcut to directly go into settings to make it easier to change the ringtone volume.

Q. Why my Fingerprint does not work, after my phone is in standby for long time?

A: The Fingerprint service goes to sleep and thus doesn't allow unlocking the phone.
To avoid this, the current work-around it to turn Off Standby Optimization in Advanced Optimization Battery Settings or wake up the phone using Power button after long standby.

Q. Why does not my screen light-up on incoming calls?

A: This happens when the Phone app settings is messed up.
To solve this:
Touch and hold on Phone app and Tap on App Info.
Now tap on Notifications and then tap on Incoming Calls(Not the Checkbox).
Select Behavior and make sure its set to Make Sound and Popup on Screen
This should allow the incoming calls to notify you lighting up the screen.

Q. My clock shows alarm notification 2-hrs prior to actual alarm/ my alarm is missing, what can i do?

A: You can follow the steps below to fix it:
Go to Settings>Apps & notifications>Display all apps>Clock>Notifications.
Now, there are 2 things to do :
a) Press on "Clock" (Not the Checkbox)>Behaviour
Choose "Silent display" : this way you won't have the sound notification 2 hours before schedule

b) Press on "Alarm" (Not the Checkbox)>Behaviour
Choose "Sound alert and display on screen" : If you choose another option, the screen won't turn on when the alarm rings. And you also want to set the sound alert to none. Otherwise, when the alarm rings, you'll also hear the notification sound.

Q. Why is my slow-mo videos stuttering?

A: It seems to be a known bug currently. Developers are aware of the bug and are working on it. The fix could be released in future update.

Please go through this Q&A before making any bug reports and attach the logs with the reports.

Thank you
Q&A Source
The Following 60 Users Say Thank You to Funk Wizard For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Funk Wizard Ad-Free
27th December 2017, 01:28 PM |#3  
OP Forum Moderator
Flag New Delhi

More
Download Section & Flashing Instructions moved to OP and thread now maintained by:

Thread Contributors:
@shadowstep
@infected_
@Funk Wizard
The Following 42 Users Say Thank You to Funk Wizard For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Funk Wizard Ad-Free
27th December 2017, 01:41 PM |#4  
Westlake, OH
Thanks Meter: 396

More
Good to know this is here.
The Following User Says Thank You to xocomaox For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xocomaox Ad-Free
27th December 2017, 01:48 PM |#5  
Account currently disabled
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 620

Donate to Me
More
Good it is about time.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Schrotty35 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Schrotty35 Ad-Free
27th December 2017, 01:51 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Nice present for the past XMas
The Following User Says Thank You to OrtizFerrari For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift OrtizFerrari Ad-Free
27th December 2017, 02:01 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Do we need to Full Wipe or is it OTA?
27th December 2017, 02:01 PM |#8  
Recognized Translator
Flag I don't remember...
Thanks Meter: 1,196

Donate to Me
More
This is the best news of the day. Thanks for sharing.
The Following User Says Thank You to novas78 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift novas78 Ad-Free
27th December 2017, 02:15 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 141

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juli112

Almost shure that if you have the phone stock you can make a manual update through the ONEPLUS update app just by downloading the full zip to internal memory without data loss
27th December 2017, 02:26 PM |#10  
OP Forum Moderator
Flag New Delhi

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juli112

Won't be an OTA you need to manually flash it by downloading the full zip. Both stock recovery or twrp can be used for it. I will update the instructions once the build is out along with the changelog

Please keep in mind that this is beta software. These builds are sometime NOT as stable as our official OTAs generally are. By installing this update, you accept the potential risks of data loss.

Once you migrate to the Beta path, you will continue to receive Open Beta OTAs. You will NO LONGER receive the regular Official Stable OTAs.

Reverting back to the Official OTA path from the Beta path will require a full install and clean flash (FULL WIPE of all data and cache).

Sent from my OnePlus5T using XDA Labs
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Funk Wizard For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Funk Wizard Ad-Free
27th December 2017, 02:29 PM |#11  
Flag Bhubaneswar
Thanks Meter: 1

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funk Wizard

Hi Everyone,

Hope everyone is enjoying the holidays, and at the same time the team is working hard on the deadlines.

As per OnePlus Deutschland @oneplus_DE:
https://twitter.com/OnePlus_DE/statu...210667520?s=17

The Translation says: Christmas is over, but we still have a present for you! How about the Open Beta for Android Oreo on the OnePlus 5T ?

I will post the details as and when released.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays !!

Join my Telegram Group to Stay Updated with the Latest
https://telegram.me/OnePlusHub

😍😍😍
The Following User Says Thank You to priyabratsahoo021 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift priyabratsahoo021 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)