FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
OnePlus 6 Development Program

Heat

975 posts
Thanks Meter: 904

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 6th November 2017, 07:22 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
Some phones are great to take camping because if you play Asphalt 8 long enough, the back warms up to the ideal temperature that can bake bread. Rate this thread to express the extent to which the OnePlus 5T stays cool under extended heavy use. A higher rating indicates that even when playing strenuous games for long periods of time, the phone doesn't get uncomfortably warm.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

12th December 2017, 03:34 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
The only time it ever got warm was when I was charging it above 60% while playing a game otherwise it never even warms up.
13th December 2017, 07:46 PM |#3  
Flag Victoria, BC
Thanks Meter: 111

More
I just tested mine out with a collection of Google Cardboard apps. While my last phone (LG G3 F460, SnapDragon 805) would heat up to an alarming degree and start throttling after about 15 minutes of any Cardboard app, I played for about an hour with my 5T and was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't any warmer than when I put it into the headset! This impressed me and got me excited about Cardboard and Google VR again, which I was skeptical about with my last phone.
13th December 2017, 11:08 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Yeap surprisingly it doesn't heat up even when using it while dash charging.
14th December 2017, 07:20 AM |#5  
Flag essex lad
Thanks Meter: 152

More
Yes it's as cool as the note 8,very impressive.
25th December 2017, 04:19 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
1080p 60fps video after about half an hour got the phone a bit hot, was in the hard case that came with the phone however. But it was still able to record. CPU was around 55c
26th December 2017, 11:20 AM |#7  
Flag Midnapore,West Bengal
Thanks Meter: 67

More
Only on rare occasions like playing GPU intensive games or while decoding and encoding videos does it get slightly warm. It is the coolest phone I have ever used till now. I am overwhelmed!

---------- Post added at 16:50 ---------- Previous post was at 16:48 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalmahdi

Yeap surprisingly it doesn't heat up even when using it while dash charging.

This is exactly what baffles me. The phenomenon when you are able to pump about 4 amperes of current without its side effect of getting heated is actually something like "abra ka dabra" & "hocus focus" of the magical world! I am still intrigued by its quick yet cool "DASH" charging feature.
3rd January 2018, 04:50 PM |#8  
Flag Victoria, BC
Thanks Meter: 111

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ap6709

This is exactly what baffles me. The phenomenon when you are able to pump about 4 amperes of current without its side effect of getting heated is actually something like "abra ka dabra" & "hocus focus" of the magical world! I am still intrigued by its quick yet cool "DASH" charging feature.

I think they designed the dash charging plugs to take all the heat for the phone. It's a pretty clever trick.
19th January 2018, 07:07 PM |#9  
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 11

More
doesn't heat up quickly (played GTA SA for 30 mins )
2nd June 2018, 07:59 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
if i use utorrent app in my oneplus5t, it heats within 5 mins and reaches almost 60 degree easily.
it is consistent behavior, which happens everytime.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)