FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
OnePlus 6 Development Program

Photo quality

975 posts
Thanks Meter: 904

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 6th November 2017, 07:22 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
Say "cheese", then rate this thread to express how photos taken with the OnePlus 5T come out. A higher rating indicates that photos offer rich color (without over-saturating), sharp detail (with all subjects in-focus), and appropriate exposure (with even lighting).

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!
The Following User Says Thank You to XDA_RealLifeReview For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift XDA_RealLifeReview Ad-Free

22nd November 2017, 02:34 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Blur edges in portrait mode
24th November 2017, 09:39 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Bad low-light performance
Compared to my LG G6, the 5t suffers of sharpness and ois in in low-light Situations. In extrem low-light conditions, the 5t uses pixel binnig, which results in more realistic interpretation of the subject as on the G6.
25th November 2017, 08:10 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toberak

Compared to my LG G6, the 5t suffers of sharpness and ois in in low-light Situations. In extrem low-light conditions, the 5t uses pixel binnig, which results in more realistic interpretation of the subject as on the G6.

sad to hear
The Following User Says Thank You to newnumberwhodis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift newnumberwhodis Ad-Free
26th November 2017, 08:41 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 912

More
The camera is just awful, and as the ported Google camera isn't working properly I most likely will return my 5T as I need a decent camera for my baby girl.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fir3blade For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Fir3blade Ad-Free
26th November 2017, 09:54 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
I didn't it was that awful...
Maybe i will return the OP5T when i will receive it...

I have a LG G6 and i'm pleased with the shoots...
I'm afraid of what i will discover next week in the box...
27th November 2017, 05:13 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 97

More
Most of the reviews and camera samples that look great are scaled down so you can't see the oil painting effect in the full size version, which I'm pretty sure is caused by over aggressive jpeg compression and noise removal by the op software.
I'd be surprised if it was a hardware issue but it's possible.
Until someone takes some good daylight shots with a third party app like open camera or camera fv-5 and post them at full resolution we won't know.
If it's a hardware issue I'd rather pay a couple of hundred extra and get a phone with a decent camera and waterproofing.
27th November 2017, 06:37 AM |#8  
Flag ahmedabad
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Anyone tried snapdragon camera?
28th November 2017, 04:46 PM |#9  
Flag Dover, DE
Thanks Meter: 1,154

Donate to Me
More
Yes, the camera software does need some major update. It's hard to get a clear picture -- especially when it's enlarged.
28th November 2017, 06:49 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Sad to hear that this oil painting/watercolor effect is even in OP5T. I have heard and actually seen it is in OP5, OP3T and OP2.

On my OP2 there is no difference between camera apps. All produce same effect in certain situations, for example high contrast and lots of details in sunset horizon. Or grass and tree leaves.

I start to think it is hardware issue, or at least something in camera service code which might be common in OP devices.

See my post here:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/one...ffect-t3703950
28th November 2017, 11:00 PM |#11  
Flag Belgium
Thanks Meter: 22

More
The stock camera is garbage, but with a Google camera port, it's absolutely brilliant tbh.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Xtremelyevil For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Xtremelyevil Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)