FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
OnePlus 6 Development Program

Photo quality

975 posts
Thanks Meter: 999

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 6th November 2017, 07:22 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
27th December 2017, 04:24 PM |#101  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 462

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by paliyoes

I did not make any thorough analysis but I can assure that even with HDR the photos have not anymore the paint effect when zoomed.

Great, thanks.

Out of curiosity, have you used the Google camera port and if so, what's your thoughts on it and in comparison with the stock camera?
The Following User Says Thank You to cd993 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cd993 Ad-Free

27th December 2017, 04:31 PM |#102  
Flag San Fernando
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cd993

Great, thanks.

Out of curiosity, have you used the Google camera port and if so, what's your thoughts on it and in comparison with the stock camera?

Google camera port is a holy crap when HDR is enabled in OnePlus 5T. There is a dott pattert in the image that ruins any photo that has been taken with it. The stock camera has improved a lot between versions, the only remaining issue was the HDR postprocessing and I do believe that this has been fixed with this latest update.
The Following User Says Thank You to paliyoes For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift paliyoes Ad-Free
27th December 2017, 04:59 PM |#103  
Flag London

More
Quote:

Google camera port is a holy crap when HDR is enabled in OnePlus 5T. There is a dott pattert in the image that ruins any photo that has been taken with it. The stock camera has improved a lot between versions, the only remaining issue was the HDR postprocessing and I do believe that this has been fixed with this latest update.

Wow, very reassuring! I should be getting my 5T this Friday and will look forward to seeing what this device can do.

Are you by any chance able to provide any low light examples?
27th December 2017, 05:20 PM |#104  
Flag San Fernando

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cd993

Wow, very reassuring! I should be getting my 5T this Friday and will look forward to seeing what this device can do.

Are you by any chance able to provide any low light examples?

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk
27th December 2017, 05:35 PM |#105  
Flag London

More
Quote:

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk

VERY nice!!

Thank you
27th December 2017, 05:47 PM |#106  
Flag San Fernando

More
Here is another one

The Following User Says Thank You to paliyoes For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift paliyoes Ad-Free
27th December 2017, 07:00 PM |#107  
Thanks Meter: 71

More
Quote:

New version of OnePlus Stock Camera:

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/oneplus-ltd/

You should install the camera and the service, I do believe the camera had a huge improvement.

How did you install? Camera didn't install due to conflicting package. Running freedom os. Should I uninstall original camera with Titanium backup and then try? Edit. Tried to delete the stock camera but seems impossible to remove it. Any ideas?
27th December 2017, 10:22 PM |#108  
Flag San Fernando

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pargas

How did you install? Camera didn't install due to conflicting package. Running freedom os. Should I uninstall original camera with Titanium backup and then try? Edit. Tried to delete the stock camera but seems impossible to remove it. Any ideas?

I was able to install it only executing the apks.
28th December 2017, 01:42 AM |#109  
Thanks Meter: 295

More
Looking great to me , i don't know what is everyone complaining about.
28th December 2017, 02:33 PM |#110  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Can't say I've noticed any improvement in photo quality from using the Google Camera app.

At first I thought the rear camera was terrible. On one occasion I've managed to take some decent shots outdoors with overcast (cloudy) weather. But indoors or in bright sunlight it doesn't seem right to me, it underexposes and is very dark.

Front camera is better than expected though.
28th December 2017, 03:21 PM |#111  
Flag San Fernando

More
Here is one of our Christmas moose in the office

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)