Scrolling smoothness

Search This thread

XDA_RealLifeReview

RealLifeReview Dude
Nov 2, 2015
Some phones exhibit choppy scrolling, especially when navigating long web pages when multiple apps are running in the background. Rate this thread to express how you smooth scrolling feels on the OnePlus 5T under such conditions. A higher rating indicates that scrolling is always buttery smooth, even when you're reading a 10,000 word article on "how to kiss a girl".

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

Shock_N745

Jan 11, 2015
I am a scrolling smoothness fanatic.
I even wrote a custom app to try and understand wtf was up with the note 7 scrolling: https://xdaforums.com/note-7/help/note-7-weird-scrolling-touchwiz-root-t3455650

Every since I switched from iPhone a couple of years ago, I could never get that same smooth feeling. I went through about 7 android devices looking for that.

Now that that's clear, here is my review :

This phone is a revelation. I do not know how such smoothness is even possible.

It is the smoothest phone I saw in my entire life. It's even taking the luxury of over performing the iPhone.

I love it

Baldilocks

May 31, 2010
Dover, DE
Agreed. This thing puts the Pixel 2 series to shame when it comes to butter smoothness, not to mention app loading.

GCbard

Dec 27, 2011
Hi. Do you guys find the scrolling to be choppy when scrolling slowly? For me it is very choppy.

showofdeth

Sep 1, 2011
That's definitely not how it should be.

That's definitely how it is for some of us. Mine was worse than shown in the video but since the latest OOS update (4.7.4) it has improved considerably. Still seeing some stuttering going on here and there but for the most part it's cleared up.

Brand new 2 day old phone no root, bootloader locked and everything installed and setup from scratch.

My personal experience so far, other than the initial lag/stutter, has be mostly positive and I'm loving my new phone.

Can't wait to root and unlock the bootloader to open this puppy up and see what she can REALLY do.

GCbard

Dec 27, 2011
I figured out what it was. It was an app that I downloaded to monitor usage and it was causing lag and scrolling. I did a factory reset and now everything is working smooth as butter

Sent from my OnePlus5T using XDA Labs

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I figured out what it was. It was an app that I downloaded to monitor usage and it was causing lag and scrolling. I did a factory reset and now everything is working smooth as butter

Sent from my OnePlus5T using XDA Labs