[GUIDE][APP]Up To Date Google Camera Port For The 5T 9/7

Search This thread

3lMghraby

Mar 2, 2013
I decided to start this thread because all the other GCAM port threads aren't up to date ,specially with the increasing number of APKS

so,let's get started

Disclamer
The Camera2api port for our device is buggy as hell not only that but the dual pixel technology libraries are f**** by OnePlus so to overcome that and get both portrait mode working and front camera hdr+
you must be rooted(or at least have a custom recovery)
for non root you can still use HDR+ only for the back camera with lots of dots! :D

Downloads
A-rooted downloads 1-the lib fix FOR ANDROID 8.1 ONLY
FOR ANDROID 9 PIE OOS 9.0.6 and above
2-Pixel Colours(optional)For OOS 9.0.6 and above you need Pixel Colours v3.0 HERE

B-APK download that's a bit easy
1-New Best Version Urnyx based on GCam 6.2 is excellent thanks Urnyx Download latest here
2-Gcam based on 5.1 Urnyx05 v6.2 for any OS for the 5t oreo and up of course
Settings
-For Gcam based on 5.1 only This one contains the settings I personally use with the current Google camera version Urnyx05 6.2 to get best results after testing many times(you can find yourself better settings anyways).
-the settings are attached as images in the post feel free to test them out.

Attachments

• Screenshot_Camera_20181221-002019.png
    Screenshot_Camera_20181221-002019.png
    120.4 KB · Views: 22,775
  • Screenshot_Camera_20181221-002022.png
    Screenshot_Camera_20181221-002022.png
    156.8 KB · Views: 22,630
  • Screenshot_Camera_20181221-002026.png
    Screenshot_Camera_20181221-002026.png
    167.7 KB · Views: 22,325
  • Screenshot_Camera_20181221-002031.png
    Screenshot_Camera_20181221-002031.png
    114.9 KB · Views: 19,957
  • Screenshot_Camera_20181221-002040.png
    Screenshot_Camera_20181221-002040.png
    115 KB · Views: 19,259
  • Screenshot_Camera_20181222-190601.png
    Screenshot_Camera_20181222-190601.png
    61.9 KB · Views: 18,451
Last edited:

Klbgr

Lib fix breaks any audio mod like v4a, ainur, Dolby...
If you have audio mods and lib fix installed, any audio mod will not work and camera will not work in any app including stock camera app
You have to choose between camera or audio :(

Last edited:
Reactions: Nolfer
Lib fix breaks any audio mod like v4a, ainur, Dolby...
If you have audio mods and lib fix installed, any audio mod will not work and camera will not work in any app including stock camera app
You have to choose between camera or audio :(

In my case, using the Lib Fix in the link, doesn't break the stock camera (didn't try any audio mod). But if I update the module from magisk (to the last version), that one is breaking the stock camera.
I am using blu spark kernel. What does it mean to set it to permissive and how do I do that? Any side effects (potentially unwanted) by doing that?

3lMghraby

Mar 2, 2013
In my case, using the Lib Fix in the link, doesn't break the stock camera (didn't try any audio mod). But if I update the module from magisk (to the last version), that one is breaking the stock camera.
I am using blu spark kernel. What does it mean to set it to permissive and how do I do that? Any side effects (potentially unwanted) by doing that?

kernel is either enforcing or permissive
hence the name suggests
permissive 'permits' apps from overriding system policies
enforcing enforces system policies
so use permissive when you have an app that requires it only
It theoritically impacts security
specially if you don't know what apps to install or don't get them from a trusted source

Reactions: vipsms and derei

Supsyne

Nov 6, 2016
Do you know if they have a chance that the app damage my phone ? (OnePlus 5T Android 8.1 OxygenOs 5.1.7)

rubai018

Nov 23, 2014
I decided to start this thread because all the other GCAM port threads aren't up to date ,specially with the increasing number of APKS

so,let's get started

Disclamer
The Camera2api port for our device is buggy as hell so to overcome that and get both portrait mode working and front camera hdr+
for non root you can still use HDR+ only for the back camera with lots of dots! :D

Downloads
FOR ANDROID 9 PIE OPEN BETA ONLY
2-Pixel Colours(optional) OREO ONLY I did not test on PIE(you can test yourself and report back

1-by far the most stable is Urnyx05 v6.2 for any OS for the 5t oreo and up of course
2-latest apk based on the new pixel 3 camera with night sight (but still has issues like green tint) you can find it HERE
3-Arnova's latest HERE

Settings
-This one contains the settings I personally use with the current Google camera version Urnyx05 6.2 to get best results after testing many times(you can find yourself better settings anyways).
Urnxy05 v6.2 is giving pinkish tint?? Do I need root for that??

Last edited:

adamokari

Aug 13, 2017
Hi all. Firstly, this camera is great. Using it on lineage with microg and using your suggested settings and am having no problems.
The only issue I see is that in lower light I experience lag when in portrait mode. Anyone know a solution to this?

3lMghraby

Mar 2, 2013
Hi all. Firstly, this camera is great. Using it on lineage with microg and using your suggested settings and am having no problems.
The only issue I see is that in lower light I experience lag when in portrait mode. Anyone know a solution to this?

less light = slower shutter
it is slower to get a decent image quality
and I don't think it's that slow
anyway there is no fix to that at least without affecting image quality

Reactions: adamokari

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

so,let's get started

Disclamer
    The Camera2api port for our device is buggy as hell not only that but the dual pixel technology libraries are f**** by OnePlus so to overcome that and get both portrait mode working and front camera hdr+

Downloads
    FOR ANDROID 9 PIE OOS 9.0.6 and above
    2-Pixel Colours(optional)For OOS 9.0.6 and above you need Pixel Colours v3.0 HERE

1-New Best Version Urnyx based on GCam 6.2 is excellent thanks Urnyx Download latest here
    2-Gcam based on 5.1 Urnyx05 v6.2 for any OS for the 5t oreo and up of course
    Settings
    -For Gcam based on 5.1 only This one contains the settings I personally use with the current Google camera version Urnyx05 6.2 to get best results after testing many times(you can find yourself better settings anyways).
    Link for v4.1 libfix?

I updated the op with fixes for OOS 9.0.5 and OB 28 and newer
    Thanks for this. v6.2 works pretty good. The only thing is it is quite sloww to take photos when HDR is on. Is there a trick to make this faster without compromising quality?
    I'm just warning the others before they come complaining about that :good:

You can get both with permissive kernel
    Thanks a lot bro I really interested in 5t but heard its camera bad otoh pixel camera is wonderful even better than iPhone wondering if gcam on 5t is as good as pixel sorry my English not very good

with the guide I did and apk I shared
    you get almost pixel quality photos if not identical