[Module] Stereo Sound Mod for OP5T [N-O]

Search This thread

andrizmitnick

Jan 26, 2013
Just wanna share simple modification for our beloved 5T.
This module allows the earpiece to be used as speaker, and enable true stereo mode.

*np: flash at ur own risk

Instruction:
1. flash via magisk manager
2. you're good to go

if you use the version with OP5TSpeakerCtrl app, please read this

• "Mono" mode -- the main loudspeaker's volume is set to maximum (stock behavior) and it is fed with a downmix of the left and right channels (also stock behavior)
  • "Stereo" mode -- the main loudspeaker's volume is lowered to match the volume of the earpiece and is fed with the right audio channel (true stereo)

In "Adaptive" mode, stereo operation is applied when the screen is on and mono when the screen is off. In "Stock" mode (I should have named it "Manual"), the mode of operation does not change automatically, but is manually selected by tapping the "Mono" and "Stereo" buttons in the app's permanent notification.

Changelog:
----18/4/2018----
added new updated module from @CazeW post
Added a noApp version with a loop by @osm0sis to adjust the volume instead of the Tasker app. If you use this version, you don't need that app.

----10/2/2018----
updated magisk template
updated to a new version for true stereo mode (refer to original post >> @chdloc)

----5/1/2018----
added oreo OOS version

*thanks to*
@chdloc @osm0sis @gunyz @CazeW
for further update u may check posts from them in this thread, pardon for my lost presence

if u are looking for a louder one, you can check @gunyz post

Attachments

• Stereo_Sound_Mod_OP5T_10418.zip
    17.4 KB · Views: 8,751
  • Stereo_Sound_Mod_OP5T_(noApp)_10418.zip
    16.7 KB · Views: 3,602
Last edited:

xocomaox

Aug 18, 2008
Orlando, FL
I was going to try this on 8.1 Omni, but it would probably break the sound all together since the mixer path file is completely different.

What lines do you edit to change it? I can just do my own editing.

DrGreem

Jun 20, 2011
www.contract-re.com
Omfg I'm more excited even more than when I received my 5T I just installed this mod and it's dope AF! Thanks so much for this!
Had to flash it twice via TWRP because in the first time it wouldn't work.

Pfeffernuss

Jun 30, 2009
Wassenaar
Works great!

Only small niggle: it is possible to adjust the volume of the two speakers? As of now the sound coming from the earpiece is lower (which I can understand as it most probably is a much smaller speaker) but if it would be possible to lower the volume coming from the main speaker the balance would be much improved :cool:

But for now: much better already :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just wanna share simple modification for our beloved 5T.
    This module allows the earpiece to be used as speaker, and enable true stereo mode.

*np: flash at ur own risk

Instruction:
    1. flash via magisk manager
    2. you're good to go

if you use the version with OP5TSpeakerCtrl app, please read this

• "Mono" mode -- the main loudspeaker's volume is set to maximum (stock behavior) and it is fed with a downmix of the left and right channels (also stock behavior)
    • "Stereo" mode -- the main loudspeaker's volume is lowered to match the volume of the earpiece and is fed with the right audio channel (true stereo)

In "Adaptive" mode, stereo operation is applied when the screen is on and mono when the screen is off. In "Stock" mode (I should have named it "Manual"), the mode of operation does not change automatically, but is manually selected by tapping the "Mono" and "Stereo" buttons in the app's permanent notification.

Changelog:
    ----18/4/2018----
    added new updated module from @CazeW post
    Added a noApp version with a loop by @osm0sis to adjust the volume instead of the Tasker app. If you use this version, you don't need that app.

----10/2/2018----
    updated magisk template
    updated to a new version for true stereo mode (refer to original post >> @chdloc)

----5/1/2018----
    added oreo OOS version

*thanks to*
    @chdloc @osm0sis @gunyz @CazeW
    for further update u may check posts from them in this thread, pardon for my lost presence

if u are looking for a louder one, you can check @gunyz post
    Yeah and that sucks because that mod is really awesome, I'm more happy with the mod than the phone itself :p

i Have the same issue, OOS 5.0.2, ibe TWRP and Magisk 15.3, waiting for solution. Odd thing. It worked on the OOS 5 betas, but not the stable.

It could be because the zips in the OP are using the old Magisk zip template. I've attached below the mods from the OP using Magisk v15 templates. If they still fail, then there might be something wrong with your Magisk installation. And as no one else seemed to be making one, I also made a module of the version chdloc created (get the apk from his post).

EDIT: Added a noApp version with a loop by @osm0sis to adjust the volume instead of the Tasker app. If you use this version, you don't need that app.

If in doubt on which one to use, get the noApp version. Both should work on both Nougat and Oreo.
    People looking for strereo mod on pie oos or custom head over here :
    https://xdaforums.com/oneplus-5/themes/stereo-speaker-mod-oos-t3632980/page43

Don't say thanks to me.... Do it with the button....

Sent from my OnePlus 5T using XDA Labs
    I've created new zip files. It is based on the OB13.
    There are two types of mod: standard and loud. Both are in two versions: for twrp and magisk. Standard version should be safe for ear speaker and recommended for use with Dolby, Viper etc.
    For using with other audio mods install twrp version and then reinstall AML. Magisk module doesn't work with AML, but I will work to be compatible.

Feel free if you have any comments or questions.
    Fixed up the Magisk module info and added my post-fs-data.sh to the DualSpeakerMono since that's what I use. Available on my BasketBuild if anyone else would like it.

OP5T_DualSpeakerMono_Oreo_Magisk-osmod-signed.zip:
    http://basketbuild.com/devs/osm0sis/osmods

Edit: Attached below now for posterity since BasketBuild appears to be dead again. :rolleyes: