FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
OnePlus 6 Development Program

Best OnePlus 6 Screen Protectors

79 posts
Thanks Meter: 33

By Hunkman, Member on 21st May 2018, 01:03 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have ordered OnePlus 6 today.. And waiting that would come tomorrow.. This time it's almost 95 percent glass so protector would be must need to keep the device mint, especially for the BACK!!
So Let me start of the thread for the OnePlus 6 Screen Protector.
I have ordered OnePlus 6 Full body screen protector from the Gadgetshieldz.
And I hope this time it's merely impossible to get the best TGP soon. Please let know your suggestions.

Finally got my Gadgetshieldz protectors and applied it. The protector is fitting well and all the holes are perfect. Important part is, its providing lot of grip to the OP6 which is very slippery without the protector. Might go for a Tempered Glass for the screen if I find a decent one but the back protector is a keeper. Take a look at the images of the protectors applied on my OP6. Can't go wrong with these for a low price.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hunkman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Hunkman Ad-Free

21st May 2018, 10:18 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunkman

I have ordered OnePlus 6 today.. And waiting that would come tomorrow.. This time it's almost 95 percent glass so protector would be must need to keep the device mint, especially for the BACK!!
So Let me start of the thread for the OnePlus 6 Screen Protector.
I have ordered OnePlus 6 Full body screen protector from the Gadgetshieldz.
And I hope this time it's merely impossible to get the best TGP soon. Please let know your suggestions.

Thanks. Ordered one as well. Mostly for the back protector since the phone is glass. Hopefully OnePlus releases an official TGP that includes a back protector.
22nd May 2018, 06:41 AM |#3  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Ordered same too !
Great worldwide free shipping. Wonder how long it takes...
22nd May 2018, 11:53 AM |#4  
Flag United Kingdom
Thanks Meter: 16

More
I bought the original bumper carbon case but forgot to buy the combo (case + screen protector).
Now I don't know if I should buy the original oneplus screen protector (tempered glass) or buy something from a 3rd party.
Any ideas?
22nd May 2018, 01:04 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi,

I thought we cannot use bumper with tempered glass ?
22nd May 2018, 01:09 PM |#6  
Flag United Kingdom

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vats219

Hi,

I thought we cannot use bumper with tempered glass ?

Hmm, you may be right.

This is the one I bought:
https://www.oneplus.com/uk/oneplus-6-protective-case

And this was the bundle:
https://www.oneplus.com/uk/oneplus-6...tection-bundle

What is the difference between the protective case and the bumper?
22nd May 2018, 01:13 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I think bumper protects the screen better. But if you use a tempered glass you cannot use bumper as the covered lips of the bumper will damage the tempered glass.
22nd May 2018, 01:15 PM |#8  
Flag United Kingdom

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vats219

I think bumper protects the screen better. But if you use a tempered glass you cannot use bumper as the covered lips of the bumper will damage the tempered glass.

Gotcha.
I will wait to get it and see how it goes.
Anyone had any experience with those nano liquid protections (ie: https://www.spigen.com/collections/o...tr-nano-liquid )?
22nd May 2018, 03:25 PM |#9  
Flag Denver, CO
Thanks Meter: 1,511

More
I ordered the phone with the Nylon bumper case. I almost pulled the trigger on the tempered glass protector as well but I was worried it wouldn't fit with the bumper case and it appears I was right.

The great news is that this phone comes with a pre-applied plastic screen protector. So the screen will be protected right from the beginning. This will buy us time for the release of more tempered glass protectors that may fit with bulkier cases like the nylon bumper case.

Walk-through video showing the OEM screen protector getting installed:
https://youtu.be/ES-s9KQrUTY?t=569
22nd May 2018, 03:28 PM |#10  
Flag United Kingdom

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sn0warmy

I ordered the phone with the Nylon bumper case. I almost pulled the trigger on the tempered glass protector as well but I was worried it wouldn't fit with the bumper case and it appears I was right.

The great news is that this phone comes with a pre-applied plastic screen protector. So the screen will be protected right from the beginning. This will buy us time for the release of more tempered glass protectors that may fit with bulkier cases like the nylon bumper case.

That's good info, sn0warmy, appreciate the input! It's definitely good that it will buy us time for that.
22nd May 2018, 05:24 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 91

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sn0warmy

According to OnePlus support chat, the tempered glass protector will work with the bumper case. I'm not saying they are right, but I'm saying there is a chance
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)