FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
OnePlus 6 Development Program

Case included with phone

152 posts
Thanks Meter: 38

By mad1111, Senior Member on 31st May 2018, 06:40 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
So first off loving my 1+6 (8/128). Super fast and just plain awesome! Puts my S8+ in the dust

But my main reason for this post is about the included phone case that came with the phone. I haven't seen anyone mention it on here, so wasn't sure if anyone was aware. But inside the box the the phone is attached to once you unbox it, there is a basic style phone case inside. It's nothing fancy, but it's a case. And it's FREE. I actually like it, and was so glad it was there as I didn't want to wait several days for a case to be ordered and delivered. Granted, I completely bypassed that part of the unboxing as it usually just includes the "paperwork" that nobody reads. But after a day, I was hurting for protection on my phone. Always carefully putting it down somewhere where it wouldn't slide and scratch the backing. Or on something super soft. So, I just so happened to re-open the box and look inside and to my surprise, there was a case.

So, this phone is not only awesome in speed and performance (minus a bit of battery issues at the moment), but they also include a pre-attached screen protector AND a phone case! WOW...hats off to you OnePlus! More OEMs should be taking a page out of your book...ESPECIALLY for the prices we are asked to pay for these "premium" phones.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mad1111 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mad1111 Ad-Free

31st May 2018, 09:15 PM |#2  
Flag Cluj
Thanks Meter: 41

More
It's a high quality case and I like it a lot.
I knew about the free case inside the box but I bought other 2 cases from Oneplus, I like the one from the package more.
1st June 2018, 12:00 AM |#3  
Flag Modville
Thanks Meter: 2,395

More
It doesn't suck, and I'm glad not to have to go naked with a glass phone while I wait for a real case from UAG. Nice gesture from OP, though these TPU cases cost about 50 cents to make.
1st June 2018, 02:11 PM |#4  
Flag Dublin
Thanks Meter: 154

More
Compared to other TPU cases ain't bad.
I jsut hate transparent TPU cases, with dust getting between the case and the phone
1st June 2018, 06:34 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
I really like it for indoor environment, pretty slim, grippy, light weight raised bezels, especially on corners, good quality material and air bags on corners
1st June 2018, 08:56 PM |#6  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 11

More
I don't like it. But I don't like gel cases full stop. They're too sticky for me. I've bought the silicone case though which is amazing.
1st June 2018, 09:03 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Indeed, I was glad to see one included, though I did know about it beforehand as it was listed in the "What's inside the box" portion of the web site. I am putting on a rugged case in a couple of weeks but for now am happy my OP6 is protected to some degree.
2nd June 2018, 06:53 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 82

More
Uh... They've been including a case since the 5T and have had the even pre applied even protector for quite a while now. And I would suggest getting the nylon bumper case it's much safer and doesn't make the device bulky. Didn't look through the whole box lmao.
2nd June 2018, 07:02 AM |#9  
Flag Thane
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Let me share my OP6 experience. I used the included case for a good 3 days and I think it's a decent option. Coming from OnePlus One, I decided to buy the sandstone back case for my OP6 and boy oh boy, it's premium! Although there is compromise with safety as it doesn't wrap up the phone completely but for someone like me who doesn't drop his phone much, this premium case if pure gold! Totally recommended ♥

Edit: Adds zero bulk to the phone, fits like a glove and even covers the camera bump with ease. As I've already mentioned a few times before, it feels and looks premium!
3rd June 2018, 02:21 PM |#10  
Flag Al-Ándalus
Thanks Meter: 7,981

More
Thumbs up
it's a good case, i'd just prefer a black rim because it looks a bit grayish from the front while the back looks grat transparent.

however, it's not only free, it's also decent 👍
11th June 2018, 03:28 PM |#11  
Flag THOUSAND OAKS
Thanks Meter: 39

Donate to Me
More
I have the silk white and when sunlight hits the case the whole surrounded areas of the phone glow a pinkish light. Super cool effect.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)