FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[9][OFFICIAL][WEEKLY] CarbonROM | cr-7.0 [enchilada]

3,256 posts
Thanks Meter: 9,206

Post Reply Email Thread

CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look, build, and use our code at CarbonROM's GitHub...

Disclaimer:
While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! These builds are experimental and can contain Bugs (as listed above). Make sure to do backups.

Support:
We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.
2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ
3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.
4) Join our Discord server or Telegram group! There, you can connect with other Carbon users and our developers, and you can get quicker responses to your bug reports. The invite link is right below.

Requirements:
You should start off with the latest OxygenOS on both slots and then proceed to flash Carbon.

Download
Join the CarbonROM Discord server
Meet us on Telegram
Homepage
GitHub
Kernel source

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

XDA:DevDB Information
CarbonROM, ROM for the OnePlus 6

Contributors
Myself5, CarbonROM
Source Code: https://github.com/CarbonROM

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2019-03-02
Last Updated 2019-08-28
The Following 41 Users Say Thank You to Myself5 For This Useful Post: [ View ]

2nd March 2019, 09:39 PM |#2  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 1,141

More
Yess! Finally you are here! Tnx a lot buddy!
2nd March 2019, 09:51 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Sweet! Thanks man, going to flash it now!
The Following User Says Thank You to chesa1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chesa1 Ad-Free
2nd March 2019, 10:04 PM |#4  
Flag Brinje
Thanks Meter: 111

More
Nice to see you here ...
3rd March 2019, 01:29 AM |#5  
Flag Prosper, TX
Thanks Meter: 398

More
This is the one I've been waiting for πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Flashed and ROM is superfast and fluid.

Feb security patch if need to know
The Following User Says Thank You to cmart4 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cmart4 Ad-Free
3rd March 2019, 03:33 AM |#6  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 1,241

More
Man, the last time I ran Carbon was in the LG G3 days, and it rocked back then.

Installed and setup without a hitch. The ROM is super snappy. It's impressively fluid and responsive. Too early to tell much else. I'm going to take this for a spin in the coming days. Great job, brother!

As noted, it is an early release. Please be patient and give it time to mature. While not bare bones, it is lacking some popular features. Inb4 the can I has storm.

Edit: The ROM is performing great. No crazy idle drain and deep sleeps as it should. The stock kernel is very efficient.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cablespider For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cablespider Ad-Free
3rd March 2019, 08:57 PM |#7  
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 578

More
Wow.. Its soo Aww to see this rom for op6..
3rd March 2019, 10:21 PM |#8  
Flag Prosper, TX

More
Can't believe how good this rom is on an initial release. This is why carbon is top notch😎
3rd March 2019, 10:46 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 1,326

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmart4

Can't believe how good this rom is on an initial release. This is why carbon is top notch

Thanks for your feedback. I don't mean to start a war but what's your background on this device? Like did you try a lot of other custom ROMs and you can tell this one is faster?
3rd March 2019, 11:01 PM |#10  
Flag Prosper, TX

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomatot-

Thanks for your feedback. I don't mean to start a war but what's your background on this device? Like did you try a lot of other custom ROMs and you can tell this one is faster?

Had the device since launch, been rooted forever and have tried almost all roms on xda, stock and aosp. All roms are good for what they are, but some miss features while others have a plethora of features. I've used Carbon on many previous devices and always found myself going back to Carbon. Yes, I'm a flashaholic of many years, but to me, Carbon has always been a gold-standard thru all my flashing of various devices... I stray, but always come back

This is my opinion only of course, but past experiences with Carbon have been nothing but buttery goodness. This initial release is an excellent beginning of what I hope will be a long line of releases for this device. Some of my fave roms on here are Omni, AOSIP, Tresk, and Syberia. One of the reasons I bough the Oneplus 6 was the ability to flash roms and the excellent community of sites like XDA. Love this site
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cmart4 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cmart4 Ad-Free
3rd March 2019, 11:30 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 1,326

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmart4

Had the device since launch, been rooted forever and have tried almost all roms on xda, stock and aosp. All roms are good for what they are, but some miss features while others have a plethora of features. I've used Carbon on many previous devices and always found myself going back to Carbon. Yes, I'm a flashaholic of many years, but to me, Carbon has always been a gold-standard thru all my flashing of various devices... I stray, but always come back

This is my opinion only of course, but past experiences with Carbon have been nothing but buttery goodness. This initial release is an excellent beginning of what I hope will be a long line of releases for this device. Some of my fave roms on here are Omni, AOSIP, Tresk, and Syberia. One of the reasons I bough the Oneplus 6 was the ability to flash roms and the excellent community of sites like XDA. Love this site

Thanks for your detailed feedback! I might give it a try in a few builds once it gets more mature.

If you feel like it and have time for it, could you fill this sheet to give users an idea about features available? Thanks.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=724111415
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)