/* *** Disclaimer * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, * or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research * if you have any concerns about features included in this KERNEL * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. * BOOM goes the Dynamite */
This kernel is a joint collaboration between @joshuous and myself. Our primary goal is to deliver a fast, smooth and stable kernel with Energy Aware Scheduling (EAS). We have spent countless hours backporting, experimenting, tuning and improving our understanding of EAS in our kernels. We aim to keep our kernel slim on features, adding only what we believe is essential.
It is also our desire to initiate Development Discussions among the community. This will be a noob friendly thread as long as users follow two rules. First is to do some research before asking. Most likely your question has already been asked. If not in this thread then in another. Remember to always search first! Second is BE RESPECTFUL. You do these two things and even the most hardened Dev will assist you.
* Energy Aware Scheduler enabled
* Upstreamed to 4.9.176
* Dynamic Stune Boost
* Wake Gestures
* KCAL Color Control
* Sound Control
* LED Control
* Min Back Light Control
* Vibration Control
* USB Fast Charge
We recommend EX Kernel Manager/ Franco Kernel Manager for making kernel changes
Latest OOS-P Build
Because of how Android Pie deals with the ramdisk, Magisk is now required to properly apply default kernel settings.
* Boot into Recovery
* (Recommended) Make a complete backup of everything! At least backup BOOT via TWRP
* If you're not coming from completely stock OOS kernel, please dirty flash OOS first
* Flash Magisk BEFORE kernel ( This is compulsory in order to get ramdisk changes working!)
* Flash kernel zip
Reporting Bugs (please read):
* Make sure you're not using any tweak apps (Greenify, Naptime, anything else related), otherwise no support will be given. If you have an issue, disable all your tweaks first and see if that fixes your problem. Otherwise, flash the stock kernel and see if you can reproduce it as well.
* If you previously flashed another kernel, make sure you dirty flashed the full ROM zip before flashing RenderZenith kernel.
* Logs! Please provide all logs via Syslog app from the Play Store.
* The kind people who keep this project alive
* Everyone who supported us throughout our projects
* @joshuous for his partnership and collaboration with our current projects and many more to come. The future looks bright!
Dynamic Stune Boosting
[Kernel] RenderZenith OP6 [OOS-P-EAS-V1.3.0][05/16], Kernel for the OnePlus 6
Kernel Special Features:
Last Updated 2019-05-16