Thanks Meter: 7,600

By xboxfanj, Recognized Developer on 12th January 2020, 10:31 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
14th January 2020, 12:31 PM |#41  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator.J

I keep getting dropped to Qualcomm CrashDump Mode with "_sde_encoder_phys_cmd_handle_ppdone_timeout_sde_d ump_array" error after trying to install the rom & reboot to recovery. Have run MSM Tool with 10.3.0 already this morning, oem unlock, set up, couple test phone calls, reboot bootloader, fastboot boot twrp (mauronofrio's 3.3.1-16 Q unofficial, the correct one). I was all excited to test, but it keeps dropping to crashdump. Tried flashing rom & twrp installer zip before rebooting to recovery, doing it that way gets me to the TWRP splash screen but then still drops to crashdump with the same error.
Could this be because I have the "big storage" hardware version? A6003 (north america unlocked, not trying to use a T-Mobile version) with 8GB ram/256GB flash storage.
___
Update: doing "reboot bootloader" and then fastboot booting the TWRP img between rom installation and flashing gapps will switch slots and come up okay, then I wiped data and installed opengapps nano arm64 A10 beta, and was able to boot. Trying to boot into recovery still results in dropping to crashdump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjaacckk94

Follow this guide:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/one...-t3798892/amp/

I recover Yesterday my op6 in crashdump.
This Will install 8.1.0, then update by OTA to 10.3.0

ty bro
14th January 2020, 03:27 PM |#42  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 152

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaca

ty bro

Thankfully there's an MSM Tool bundle with 10.3.0 stable now in the "Collection of Unbrick Tools" thread in that forum; that'll save HOURS of OTA updates and flashing both slots!

But yeah, you're not crazy; right now there just is no recovery (TWRP or otherwise) available to boot directly into from internal storage after you've flashed PA Quartz Beta 1. There isn't one built-in, and flashing the TWRP installer zip and trying to boot directly to recovery will result in falling to Qualcomm CrashDump.

After testing lots of stuff and conferring on the Telegram channel yesterday, I can confirm that the only way to boot a recovery with this Beta 1 is to reboot bootloader and then "fastboot boot [twrp.img]" from a computer, but mauronofrio's 3.3.1-16 Q img works fine for that, and it will successfully install Magisk (tested with 20.3 release just yesterday). Once you have root, you can use Magisk Manager or Franco Kernel Manager or EX KM to flash compatible things things on-device.

Also, for anyone who has struggled to get Omni or Syberia to install for the last couple months, PA doesn't care if you format /data (not just factory reset by wiping with the slider), just be aware you'll erase internal storage in the process and need to copy things back to /sdcard after initial boot & setup. So do that as a last step, after you've installed the ROM, rebooted bootloader & fastboot booted recovery, and installed gapps, before rebooting into system.
15th January 2020, 02:32 AM |#43  
Forum Moderator
Flag Huizhou
Thanks Meter: 2,302

Donate to Me
More
Dear all,
I have removed some posts from this thread as they were off topic. Please discuss ROM specific topics in this thread. If you have any other questions, you may want to visit General or Question & Answer section.

Thank you.

Jerry
Forum Moderator
The Following User Says Thank You to jerryhou85 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jerryhou85 Ad-Free
15th January 2020, 03:30 PM |#44  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Works fine
Hi everyone. I have tired multiple ways and have overcome the crashdump. The Steps that i have followed:
1. used MSM tool to flash to 10.3.0 (it flashes OOS 10.3.0 to slot a and slot b)
2. initial setup done, unlock bootloader.
3. Fastboot Flash boot twrp.img
4. flash aospa ROM
5. wipe cache and Date (do not format)
6. Reboot to system
7. Later, enable the OEM unlocking, reboot to fastboot (volume up+ power)
8. Fastboot flash boot twrp.img
9. install the OpenGApps (i used 20191209 one, the latest one 20200115 didnt work for me)
10. Reboot to system.

Everything Works fine
The Following User Says Thank You to vdeepu19 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vdeepu19 Ad-Free
15th January 2020, 10:52 PM |#45  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag St. Louis

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuubiV1

Sorry, I meant OOS navigation gestures.

Just AOSP gestures for now, we will have more options soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by papatasos91

So far great ROM. In 1st setup i was asked by system to enable smart pull-down for tiles and i can't disable it now. Does anyone how to disable it?

Settings->System->Reset options->Paranoid Android preferences I believe. I don't have my phone on me to confirm, but that should be right.
The Following User Says Thank You to xboxfanj For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th January 2020, 11:03 PM |#46  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag St. Louis

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totone56

It's pretty barebones, no fancy features, that's why there is no info. It does everything OOS does, but it's cleaner and faster from what i've experienced yet. Only thing i saw missing right now is Alert Slider settings.

Our priority was to first get a stable and fast base to build on top of. We'll have some exciting features to share with you all soon.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to xboxfanj For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th January 2020, 11:10 PM |#47  
Flag Vannes
Thanks Meter: 321

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxfanj

Our priority was to first get a stable and fast base to build on top of. We'll have some exciting features to share with you all soon.

Nice, can't wait for some legendary never-seen-before PA stuff, still remember the Halo ND floating windows days and how this ROM was above everything else in terms of innovation
18th January 2020, 06:32 PM |#48  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag St. Louis

Donate to Me
More
Beta 2 is up!

Change Log
  • Fixed TWRP installer causing phone to boot into QCOM crashdump
  • Alert slider UX improvements
  • Upgraded to chromium zlib (improves compression, decompression, PNG decoding, APK installing, and other performance across the board)
  • Upgraded to GCC 9 for building kernel (improves performance)
  • FOD bug fixes
  • Other performance Improvements
The Following 30 Users Say Thank You to xboxfanj For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th January 2020, 09:14 PM |#49  
Flag Salisbury
Thanks Meter: 467

More
Quote:

Beta 2 is up!

Change Log
Fixed TWRP installer causing phone to boot into QCOM crashdump
Alert slider UX improvements
Upgraded to chromium zlib (improves compression, decompression, PNG decoding, APK installing, and other performance across the board)
Upgraded to GCC 9 for building kernel (improves performance)
FOD bug fixes
Other performance Improvements

Man id be all over this if flashing twrp on Android 10 wasn't so confusing for me
The Following User Says Thank You to dex2grigg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dex2grigg Ad-Free
18th January 2020, 11:33 PM |#50  
Flag Vannes
Thanks Meter: 321

More
Quote:

Beta 2 is up!

Change Log

• Fixed TWRP installer causing phone to boot into QCOM crashdump
  • Alert slider UX improvements
  • Upgraded to chromium zlib (improves compression, decompression, PNG decoding, APK installing, and other performance across the board)
  • Upgraded to GCC 9 for building kernel (improves performance)
  • FOD bug fixes
  • Other performance Improvements

Nice ! Those Alert Slider UI changes are something that OnePlus should have done a long time ago, now they properly scale !
It seems like screen calibration settings work properly now, great, and this feels more snappy than the first build.
19th January 2020, 12:34 AM |#51  
Flag Manheim
Thanks Meter: 101

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dex2grigg

Man id be all over this if flashing twrp on Android 10 wasn't so confusing for me

Since Android 10.3 release you can fastboot boot the boot IMG and flash zip as per usual if using mauronofrio's twrp
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bkman08 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bkman08 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)