FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] [OP6/6T] RENOVATE ICE 13.0 | OxygenOS 9.0.6 // 9.0.14 | Tweaks | Stables | SVN

6,474 posts
Thanks Meter: 15,519

By mwilky, Recognized Developer on 8th June 2018, 01:42 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from mwilky: 13.0 released!
18th October 2019, 09:34 AM |#1941  
Thanks Meter: 564

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_tomorrow_person

Will they be updating to OnePlus 6's latest version (9.0.9)?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

It's dead

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A6000 mit Tapatalk
18th October 2019, 05:36 PM |#1942  
Thanks Meter: 71

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_tomorrow_person

Will they be updating to OnePlus 6's latest version (9.0.9)?

The developer doesn't own the device anymore so unfortunately we won't get anymore updates
20th October 2019, 11:31 AM |#1943  
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wezmeister17

The developer doesn't own the device anymore so unfortunately we won't get anymore updates

Damn.. Guess it's time to uninstall the mod..

Thanks for the info!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk
29th October 2019, 06:44 PM |#1944  
Flag UK
Thanks Meter: 165

More
I got the following feedback for oneplus6 version, to add these fixes you shouldnt need active oneplus6 phone. I dont mind keeping subscription up if support is maintained.

1 - Make it so the swipe to go straight to QT is all of right side of screen, right now you have to swipe right at edge of screen which is pretty silly.
2 - Add full date view when notification bar opened.
3 - Add navigation bar colour chooser, this one is important, as the magisk module for this I cannot use as it overides and disables your mod. So it needs implementing in renovate ice. Or at least make a black/dark option even if cannot choose colour.

thanks

---------- Post added at 16:44 ---------- Previous post was at 16:40 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by icek

I was using Renovate until it stopped working on 9.0.15. Now I am using Pixel - Like" ALWAYS ON DISPLAY for Oneplus 6T with gravity box, some minor improvements required, but on the whole very happy with the AOD and sound settings that were lacking from this otherwise perfect phone.

In all honesty the lack of new android support isnt a reason to ditch it.

What benefit is there between 9.0.6 -> 9.0.8 -> 9.0.15? nothing. Absolutely nothing. Hell I even considered going back to android 8, because of all the stuff google removed from android 9.

However I think its an issue if dev isnt even fixing bugs or backporting new stuff from oneplus7 version, that shouldnt need a oneplus6 phone to do.
12th November 2019, 05:36 PM |#1945  
Thanks Meter: 303

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrcol

I got the following feedback for oneplus6 version, to add these fixes you shouldnt need active oneplus6 phone. I dont mind keeping subscription up if support is maintained.

1 - Make it so the swipe to go straight to QT is all of right side of screen, right now you have to swipe right at edge of screen which is pretty silly.
2 - Add full date view when notification bar opened.
3 - Add navigation bar colour chooser, this one is important, as the magisk module for this I cannot use as it overides and disables your mod. So it needs implementing in renovate ice. Or at least make a black/dark option even if cannot choose colour.

thanks

---------- Post added at 16:44 ---------- Previous post was at 16:40 ----------

In all honesty the lack of new android support isnt a reason to ditch it.

What benefit is there between 9.0.6 -> 9.0.8 -> 9.0.15? nothing. Absolutely nothing. Hell I even considered going back to android 8, because of all the stuff google removed from android 9.

However I think its an issue if dev isnt even fixing bugs or backporting new stuff from oneplus7 version, that shouldnt need a oneplus6 phone to do.

It's just because of laziness/indifference. Always was a lackluster module, this, but dropping support so fast because of minor ROM updates? What a waste of money it was. Of course they don't need an OP6 to get it working on newer oOS versions. The community could easily help test if nothing else. Just look what a dev like Niaboc79 gets done on his existenz rom across so many models.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kocane For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Kocane Ad-Free
12th November 2019, 06:15 PM |#1946  
Thanks Meter: 325

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kocane

It's just because of laziness/indifference. Always was a lackluster module, this, but dropping support so fast because of minor ROM updates? What a waste of money it was. Of course they don't need an OP6 to get it working on newer oOS versions. The community could easily help test if nothing else. Just look what a dev like Niaboc79 gets done on his existenz rom across so many models.

woah... I'm glad I didn't purchase.
12th November 2019, 06:20 PM |#1947  
Thanks Meter: 71

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kocane

I thought this too, plenty of user's willing to test, one even went and modified the module himself to get it working and for some reason they couldn't work together but it's not my place to tell a developer how to develop his modules.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)