Announcement from mwilky: 5.1 released!
25th June 2018, 05:28 PM |#501  
Thanks Meter: 93

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyundai2010

Hello,

im on 5.1.8. Stock Bootloader unlocked.

Can you tell me the exactly steps to install this rom?

First, unlock the bootloader using this guide: https://forum.xda-developers.com/one...-twrp-t3792643

Second, flash TWRP Recovery (and also if you want, Magisk for root) https://forum.xda-developers.com/one...-twrp-t3801558

Last but not least, use this guide (it's basically the op post of this rom) to flash Renovate: https://forum.xda-developers.com/one...mized-t3799167

25th June 2018, 07:55 PM |#502  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by baadnewz

I know, I dont like full wipes either. I ran into this myself one time, and believe it or not is not ROM module's fault, it has to do with Magisk Manager flashing a higher than average module size.

Just don't forget to boot your phone at least once after factory reset before proceeding with twrp, magisk patch and magisk module (yes flash the module from TWRP, i know i repeat myself but i cannot stress this enough.

The rom is working like a charm now. Thanks. You are right its not the modules fault, bcoz i got the bootloop on flashing Magisk Manager zip file only. I was yet to flash the module zip.

Everything got solved after flashing stock boot.img and than rebooting the rom and than flashing twrp and than again rebooting and finally wiping from twrp. Thanks a tonn
25th June 2018, 10:00 PM |#503  
Thanks Meter: 175

More
I have cleanslate kernel already, do I have to flash the stock boot.img or can I flash over cleanslate? Also after flashing the custom magisk module, do I have to reboot and go back into TWRP and flash the magisk module or can I do it right away after flashing the custom magisk? Can't tell based on your OP sorry
27th June 2018, 12:45 PM |#504  
Thanks Meter: 93

More
Does anyone know what could be the cause of this?
My op6 seems to drain the battery in standby enourmusly..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180627-134305.jpg
Views:	492
Size:	121.3 KB
ID:	4536592   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180627-134315.jpg
Views:	492
Size:	160.2 KB
ID:	4536593  
27th June 2018, 12:52 PM |#505  
Flag Wisconsin
Thanks Meter: 8,317

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lownita

Does this mod have an option to debloat oos?

Probably your best bet would be to go into the different screens there in BBS and see which apps are keeping wakelocks and/or just draining battery. If you have stock kernel. If a different one it is possible it's a kernel, but my guess would be app. If it's an app you could try freezing it/them and see if the drain goes away.
27th June 2018, 01:57 PM |#506  
Flag Hisar
Thanks Meter: 16

More
*RENOVATE ICE OP6 Custom Magisk Installer - Make sure you flash this before the module! - Updated: 25/06/2018*
Flash this in magisk or twrp
27th June 2018, 03:27 PM |#507  
Flag Wisconsin
Thanks Meter: 8,317

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danyaelgaina

*RENOVATE ICE OP6 Custom Magisk Installer - Make sure you flash this before the module! - Updated: 25/06/2018*
Flash this in magisk or twrp

The recommendation is to flash through TWRP
27th June 2018, 03:52 PM |#508  
Recognized Developer
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 14,461

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BossNexusS

I have cleanslate kernel already, do I have to flash the stock boot.img or can I flash over cleanslate? Also after flashing the custom magisk module, do I have to reboot and go back into TWRP and flash the magisk module or can I do it right away after flashing the custom magisk? Can't tell based on your OP sorry

On the Cleanslate question: you can flash it virtually anytime. Before or after magisk. Several times.
The Following User Says Thank You to tbalden For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th June 2018, 09:46 PM |#509  
Flag Al-Ándalus
Thanks Meter: 8,152

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raashnal

Please excuse me if these are stupid procedure clarification requests but I came to the Oneplus 6 from the HTC U11 where we flashed Roms and kernels using TWRP without giving it a second thought, so the procedure to flash roms on the Oneplus 6 is much more complicated.

1) If I am on a stock rom I just flash the Custom Magisk Installer (optionally reboot back into TWRP) and then install the Magisk Module and then reboot back into the system and all the updates should have been made.

2) If I am already on Renovate ICE rom then I can just flash the new Magisk module using TWRP. Reboot back into the system and all the changes will have been made.

3) If I am on a custom rom (other than Renovate ICE) then I need to extract the system.img from the stock rom (same version as which the ROM is based on) and then Fastboot flash the stock system.img to the correct slot. How do I know which is the correct slot? How do I make sure that it flashes to the correct slot? Is there something I need to the “Fastboot flash system system.img” command to make sure it flashes to the correct slot?

I screwed up rooting and installing TWRP last night and got stuck in a Fastboot boot loop and it took me 6 hours to correct it. So please excuse my paranoia.

just try to use correct terms without showing annoyance and frustration about certain facts.

this is related to A/B infrastructure and "Treble" which is the future and applies to several if not many devices already.

treble has been implemented by google and it has many advantages, while during transitions rom-makers have to adopt and adapt first which is currently ongoing LOS-Side

better search, read and learn because in a short time this will be it until again something new will come out.

the reason why i say all this is because your statement implied that it's something device specific which is only the case as far as newer devices have treble and older devices do not have treble. if you don't like treble and think it's oneplus's fault then you can try another brand but will run dry very soon.

things are not made for us to be easy but to be easy for 99% of the users who don't root and flash custom roms and we have to deal with things as they are, mostly solutions are imminent and in very rare cases there will be none and it's the past.

EDIT: keep in mind that without treble this rom would not even be availble by now and don't get me wrong, of course when possible i as well prefer a recovery flashable "flash and forget" kind of ZIP file

if you prefer that for now i recommend to use one of the Magisk-MOD kind of roms flashed via TWRP over stock rom and if you need a specific feature you can mostly find it in form of an app from the playstore.
you can send me PM if you don't find one and i will assist you how to set it up. this applies to perhaps 80% of all features RR has but not 100 while a smalll part is not possible with notches, i.e. center clock LOL
27th June 2018, 10:00 PM |#510  
Thanks Meter: 51

More
What is the cost of PRO version of this ROM (options)? Just curious...
28th June 2018, 02:36 AM |#511  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Hi, im on custom rom, since you said that i need to fastboot flash system.img, where do i get the 5.1.8 system.img
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)