[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][Sailfish OS][3.3.0] Sailfish OS for the OnePlus 6!

Search This thread

kalube01

May 8, 2019
connolly.tech
Hi all,

I'm proud to announce SailfishOS for the OnePlus 6!
I think it's great to support alternatives to Android and help bring some competition back to the mobile OS space.
I really appreciate any contributions, bug reports or suggestions on GitHub

Discord

Join the discord here: https://discord.gg/haVG9Ga

Code:
#include "disclaimer.h"
/*
 * I am NOT responsible for you getting fired because the alarm app failed or if you destroy your device.
 * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this port.
 * Same security standards as for official Sailfish OS devices may not apply here.
 * Everything is served on an as-is basis and YOU are choosing to do these modifications.
 */

If you aren't comfortable formatting, flashing and modding your device, please don't install this ROM

What works?

* Display
* Touch
* LED
* Audio
* NFC
* Bluetooth
* Phone calls
* Texts
* Mobile Data
* WiFi
* GPS
* Camera
* Sensors
* RTC alarms
* USB data and charging

What Doesn't work?

* Fingerprint reader - currently unavailable on unofficial sailfishOS ports
* Battery optimisations - I will be moving to an updated kernel and applying some manual tweaks (possibly from the brilliant custom kernels already here).
* OTAs - I'm currently working on getting OTA updates working, when they are you will be able to get new updates without having to flash a new image!

FAQ
PLEASE read the FAQ before asking questions, I won't respond to questions about features I've mentioned there.

Screenshots
On imgur

Flashing
Please follow the guide here

Mer Wiki
Here for up to date details on what works/doesn't and links to useful pages.

Downloads and Changelog
Latest bleeding edge release and changelog
Latest stable release

* NOTE: Latest stable release does have poor battery life.

Sources
android_kernel_oneplus_sdm845: android kernel sources
Guides, FAQ and Releases
The mer wiki page for OnePlus 6

Thanks to
@deathmist for all of his advice and help
DeltoidDelta for his contributions
@Mister_Magister, mal, r0kk3rz and everyone else at #sailfishos-porters
Without them this port would not be possible.

XDA:DevDB Information
Sailfish OS Enchilada, ROM for the OnePlus 6

Contributors
kalube01
Source Code: https://github.com/sailfish-oneplus6/sf-enchilada/releases

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
Based On: Lineage OS

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 1.1.0
Stable Release Date: 2020-04-19

Created 2020-01-30
Last Updated 2020-04-26

Attachments

• sailfish-oneplus6.jpg
    sailfish-oneplus6.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 2,585
  • apps.jpg
    apps.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 2,573
  • ambiences.jpg
    ambiences.jpg
    268.9 KB · Views: 2,572
Last edited:

Plumbumber

Sep 22, 2016
Thanks! great work, i will probably try and flash it one of these days.
Ubuntu touch, postmarket os and sailfish are really high up my wanted list.

Reactions: M848

kalube01

May 8, 2019
connolly.tech
Thanks! great work, i will probably try and flash it one of these days.
Ubuntu touch, postmarket os and sailfish are really high up my wanted list.

Good to hear, word on the street is there's some work getting PostmarketOS booting on the OnePlus 5, once I get a more stable release out - and ideally OnePlus 6t support, I might follow suit!

Unfortunately I don't think we'll get UBPorts any time soon, they currently only supported android 7 base and this phone shipped with Oreo :(

Reactions: Plumbumber

sgroimax

Aug 11, 2008
Turin - Piemonte
Sailfish OS Is very good on op6. I tried the previous release but unfortunately battery drain was very much annoing and It bring my brain crazy. I have got only this device and so I can't test every build cause i Need phone.
When the release Will be a Daily driver build, I am getting It on my device.
Great work. U are the best

Last edited:

kalube01

May 8, 2019
connolly.tech
Ho to you all. What about 1.0 version? How Is the battery Life? How Is the third parts program installation?

Battery life is drastically improved, hence the 1.0.0 version tag. I'm not sure what you mean about "third party program installation", you can install storeman and get applications from openrepos if you choose but that's about it.

sgroimax

Aug 11, 2008
Turin - Piemonte
Dear kalube, are u developing about battery life or android apps compatibility to use over the build? I ask u this because I am proud to read yout post and test your work. Unfortunately i Need whatsapp. Only this app. After that i could be your official tester. I have got only this device with only One SIM card, so I cannot test your work without whatsapp. I Need It for work group and Red cross group.

kalube01

May 8, 2019
connolly.tech
Thanks for SFOS, using it nicely.
Not pressuring you, but is there another update planned soon? Thanks!

Glad it's working well for you! I'm mostly focusing on postmarketOS now, Sailfish becomes harder and harder to build with each update and is super hard to get reproducible builds with so it's really hard to justify working on it which is such a shame because the UI is brilliant.

ddaggebi

Jan 12, 2014
Seoul
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
Glad it's working well for you! I'm mostly focusing on postmarketOS now, Sailfish becomes harder and harder to build with each update and is super hard to get reproducible builds with so it's really hard to justify working on it which is such a shame because the UI is brilliant.

Wow fast reply?? Thanks for the kind explain.
Such a shame? I've used SFOS ports since it was 1.0 alpha(in Nexus 4), I hoped that by now the building environment would be much better... Seems like it's reversed.
Well, gonna use what's already on since it works well. :cool:
PostmarketOS looks great too! Real mobile linux sounds fun! I hope what you do goes well??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

I'm proud to announce SailfishOS for the OnePlus 6!
    I think it's great to support alternatives to Android and help bring some competition back to the mobile OS space.
    I really appreciate any contributions, bug reports or suggestions on GitHub

Discord

Join the discord here: https://discord.gg/haVG9Ga

Code:
    #include "disclaimer.h"
    /*
     * I am NOT responsible for you getting fired because the alarm app failed or if you destroy your device.
     * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this port.
     * Same security standards as for official Sailfish OS devices may not apply here.
     * Everything is served on an as-is basis and YOU are choosing to do these modifications.
     */

If you aren't comfortable formatting, flashing and modding your device, please don't install this ROM

What works?

* Display
    * Touch
    * LED
    * Audio
    * NFC
    * Bluetooth
    * Phone calls
    * Texts
    * Mobile Data
    * WiFi
    * GPS
    * Camera
    * Sensors
    * RTC alarms
    * USB data and charging

What Doesn't work?

* Fingerprint reader - currently unavailable on unofficial sailfishOS ports
    * Battery optimisations - I will be moving to an updated kernel and applying some manual tweaks (possibly from the brilliant custom kernels already here).
    * OTAs - I'm currently working on getting OTA updates working, when they are you will be able to get new updates without having to flash a new image!

FAQ
    PLEASE read the FAQ before asking questions, I won't respond to questions about features I've mentioned there.

Screenshots
    On imgur

Flashing
    Please follow the guide here

Mer Wiki
    Here for up to date details on what works/doesn't and links to useful pages.

Downloads and Changelog
    Latest bleeding edge release and changelog
    Latest stable release

* NOTE: Latest stable release does have poor battery life.

Sources
    android_kernel_oneplus_sdm845: android kernel sources
    Guides, FAQ and Releases
    The mer wiki page for OnePlus 6

Thanks to
    @deathmist for all of his advice and help
    DeltoidDelta for his contributions
    @Mister_Magister, mal, r0kk3rz and everyone else at #sailfishos-porters
    Without them this port would not be possible.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Sailfish OS Enchilada, ROM for the OnePlus 6

Contributors
    kalube01
    Source Code: https://github.com/sailfish-oneplus6/sf-enchilada/releases

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: Lineage OS

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1.1.0
    Stable Release Date: 2020-04-19

Created 2020-01-30
    Last Updated 2020-04-26
    Ho to you all. What about 1.0 version? How Is the battery Life? How Is the third parts program installation?

Battery life is drastically improved, hence the 1.0.0 version tag. I'm not sure what you mean about "third party program installation", you can install storeman and get applications from openrepos if you choose but that's about it.
    Thanks for SFOS, using it nicely.
    Not pressuring you, but is there another update planned soon? Thanks!

Drastically imrpoved means? One, two, ten ours.

I haven't been able to test extensively, with the screen off it's about 4 times better