HELP in the Cases/Skin Protection for Oneplus 6

Search This thread

harigavara

Jan 13, 2012
Visakhapatnam
Honor Play
Hi guys,
Usually, I don't like covering the phone with cases which hides the beauty of the phone and also cases seems bulky(not compact). But in the case of op6, since it is an all glass body, I am forced to buy some protection to the phone. Since this is the first time I am planning for protection, I am not aware completely to go for which type. Can you help me in this? Thanks in advance.
Should I go for skin(At least to avoid scratches)?
or full protection(as below suggested)? Again this also avoids only scratches but not the breaks. But I wanna try this because I also don't like bulky cases.
or Shall I go with Skin for backside and tempered glass protector on the front side?
or Is there any type of thinnest case for the phone? I am very much happy if one exists because it protects from the incidents like breakage or any sort of physical damage to the phone.

And in my search, I found one type of screen body protection from Gadgetshieldz.com which is compact and says protection. Have anyone bought this? How good it is? Link - https://www.gadgetshieldz.com/oneplus-6-screen-protectors-covers-cases.html
Another worry is even if this is good and I bought this, I am thinking I cant apply it cleanly. as I did not anytime before.

lollyjay

Jul 26, 2012
Fresno
Hi guys,
Usually, I don't like covering the phone with cases which hides the beauty of the phone and also cases seems bulky(not compact). But in the case of op6, since it is an all glass body, I am forced to buy some protection to the phone. Since this is the first time I am planning for protection, I am not aware completely to go for which type. Can you help me in this? Thanks in advance.
Should I go for skin(At least to avoid scratches)?
or full protection(as below suggested)? Again this also avoids only scratches but not the breaks. But I wanna try this because I also don't like bulky cases.
or Shall I go with Skin for backside and tempered glass protector on the front side?
or Is there any type of thinnest case for the phone? I am very much happy if one exists because it protects from the incidents like breakage or any sort of physical damage to the phone.

And in my search, I found one type of screen body protection from Gadgetshieldz.com which is compact and says protection. Have anyone bought this? How good it is? Link - https://www.gadgetshieldz.com/oneplus-6-screen-protectors-covers-cases.html
Another worry is even if this is good and I bought this, I am thinking I cant apply it cleanly. as I did not anytime before.
I use the silicone case that came with the phone. Also oneplus screen protector

heartagramm

Sep 5, 2010
I use the silicone case that came with the phone. Also oneplus screen protector

Does the silicone case that was provided with the phone go well with the official tempered screen protector that has to be purchased separately? I bought one, but haven't applied it yet, because I like the silicone case and was wondering if they fit on the phone at the same time. I wouldn't like to have the silicone case rub on the tempered glass and lifting it up prematurely.

lollyjay

Jul 26, 2012
Fresno
Does the silicone case that was provided with the phone go well with the official tempered screen protector that has to be purchased separately? I bought one, but haven't applied it yet, because I like the silicone case and was wondering if they fit on the phone at the same time. I wouldn't like to have the silicone case rub on the tempered glass and lifting it up prematurely.
Mine fits well with the oneplus screen protector

Reactions: heartagramm

gsw5700

Jan 31, 2011
Could you give feedback on it in slim context? And as well buy Link, please

This will be the first phone I've ever had to cover up with a sleeping bag, I mean case.. but you have to because of the glass back. I've just ordered the the following

TopACE OnePlus 6 Case, OnePlus 6 Back Cover Slim Hybrid Rubberised Hard Case for OnePlus 6 Smartphone (Black) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07CG9QWC9/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_93bdBbMM0ADD9

Hopefully, this will be a reasonable compromise

Reactions: harigavara

harigavara

Jan 13, 2012
Visakhapatnam
Honor Play

slonn

Nov 6, 2010
Got the matte black skin from dbrand - just a basic one to cover the back of the phone. Hate cases as they add immense bulk, even slim cases. Easy peasy to apply the skin on the back, but I guess it has to be as you only get one skin now. When I applied dbrand skins to previous phones, they always shipped two skins if you mess up the 1st time. Guess dbrand are going on the cheap now...

jasonv31

May 6, 2011
This will be the first phone I've ever had to cover up with a sleeping bag, I mean case.. but you have to because of the glass back. I've just ordered the the following

TopACE OnePlus 6 Case, OnePlus 6 Back Cover Slim Hybrid Rubberised Hard Case for OnePlus 6 Smartphone (Black) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07CG9QWC9/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_93bdBbMM0ADD9

Hopefully, this will be a reasonable compromise

For anyone looking for the same case above in the US

https://www.amazon.com/OnePlus-Colo...27715681&sr=1-11&keywords=oneplus+6+case&th=1

Seems to be the most minimal ive found, still with some protection over a wrap. (I just cant do only a wrap with an all glass design) :) Only "flaw" with that case from reading the comments is that the case doesn't have any lip above the screen. Some would say that not a flaw .. I like minimal but with a little protruding on the face to help protect the screen edges. To each their own though. :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts