FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Install Oxygen OS on my OnePlus 6 bought in China

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By FrostLDeacon, Junior Member on 7th August 2018, 01:29 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi Guys,

I asked my colleague to buy me a OnePlus 6 from China. I just got the phone but realized that it's running on Hydrogen OS.
Is there any easy step-by-step guide on how to uninstall Hydrogen OS and replacing it with Oxygen OS?

To add to this, I have no experience in rooting any phone before or such technical stuff, so I would really appreciate if the guide is a "for Dummies" kind of guide.

Details: It's 8GB, 128GB version. I live in Sweden.

Many Thanks in advance!
- FLD

7th August 2018, 02:14 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
First, download (latest) oxygen rom from this forum and copy the rom file into your phone
Then, in system, select 'setting'->'system update', then hit the setting button on the top right corner, select 'local update' and select the rom file
wait for it to finish and it's good to go
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to showgood163 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift showgood163 Ad-Free
7th August 2018, 06:38 PM |#3  
Flag Bari, Apulia
Thanks Meter: 143

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostLDeacon

Hi Guys,

I asked my colleague to buy me a OnePlus 6 from China. I just got the phone but realized that it's running on Hydrogen OS.
Is there any easy step-by-step guide on how to uninstall Hydrogen OS and replacing it with Oxygen OS?

To add to this, I have no experience in rooting any phone before or such technical stuff, so I would really appreciate if the guide is a "for Dummies" kind of guide.

Details: It's 8GB, 128GB version. I live in Sweden.

Many Thanks in advance!
- FLD

Of course, it's the same hardware (only change the FD-C band for 3G/4G). Flash via fastboot or TWRP the full .zip
The Following User Says Thank You to zSyntex For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zSyntex Ad-Free
7th August 2018, 10:49 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by showgood163

First, download (latest) oxygen rom from this forum and copy the rom file into your phone
Then, in system, select 'setting'->'system update', then hit the setting button on the top right corner, select 'local update' and select the rom file
wait for it to finish and it's good to go

Thanks a lot!

As mentioned, I'm really not very technical and would appreciate a more thourough explanation on what steps I need to take.
For instance, a link to the latest Oxygen OS would be very helpfull. Where exactly should I copy the file in the phone? Maybe it doens't matter? So it will just "override" the Hydrogen OS and no need for anything else? I mean, there will not be double OS's on the phone?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm just very nervous about this.

Thanks!
- FLD
The Following User Says Thank You to FrostLDeacon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift FrostLDeacon Ad-Free
7th August 2018, 11:10 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zSyntex

Of course, it's the same hardware (only change the FD-C band for 3G/4G). Flash via fastboot or TWRP the full .zip

Thanks bro, but I didn't understand a word of what you said. I need a step-by-step guide to manage this.

BR
- FLD
8th August 2018, 12:38 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 183

More
In the guides section there is a posting "Stock Fastboot Roms for the OnePlus 6". Step by step instructions and download links are there.
16th August 2018, 03:26 AM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostLDeacon

Thanks a lot!

As mentioned, I'm really not very technical and would appreciate a more thourough explanation on what steps I need to take.
For instance, a link to the latest Oxygen OS would be very helpfull. Where exactly should I copy the file in the phone? Maybe it doens't matter? So it will just "override" the Hydrogen OS and no need for anything else? I mean, there will not be double OS's on the phone?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm just very nervous about this.

Thanks!
- FLD

Sorry for the late reply.

First, download (latest) full oxygen rom from https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...31&postcount=2
it's a .zip file, you should copy the rom file into your phone
Then, in android system (not recovery/bootloader), go to 'settings'(of system)->'system updates', this is where h2os/o2os manages otas
then hit the setting button (looks like a gearwheel) on the top right corner, select 'local update' and select the full oxygen rom file
wait for it to finish, reboot and it's good to go
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to showgood163 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift showgood163 Ad-Free
16th August 2018, 05:09 AM |#8  
Flag Greenville, SC
Thanks Meter: 712

More
Honestly, you should find a friend who has basic technical skills with Android and Flashing ROMS.

Making a mistake without understanding the foundational skills required, might cause your phone to be unusable. Some assume everyone has the skills needed and no offense, but you sound like you may not have the technical skills to be trying to switch from HOS to OOS. Trust me, if you're not sure, don't mess with it.
8th November 2018, 08:28 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 132

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by showgood163

Sorry for the late reply.

First, download (latest) full oxygen rom from https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...31&postcount=2
it's a .zip file, you should copy the rom file into your phone
Then, in android system (not recovery/bootloader), go to 'settings'(of system)->'system updates', this is where h2os/o2os manages otas
then hit the setting button (looks like a gearwheel) on the top right corner, select 'local update' and select the full oxygen rom file
wait for it to finish, reboot and it's good to go

This procedure still valid today? THx!!!

BTW, heard google pay (not play) does not work after flashing international rom, is that true?
9th November 2018, 02:58 AM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by optionalmgrr.la

This procedure still valid today? THx!!!

BTW, heard google pay (not play) does not work after flashing international rom, is that true?

Sorry, I just don't have the condition to test that. However, I think in this way you can get your phone on real O2OS, and if you apply another version of full OTA update of O2OS (like 9.0.2) the problem may be solved.
9th November 2018, 05:20 AM |#11  
Flag 71

More
I have buy an OP6 from china too "A6000" launched the OTA update 9.0.0 when it's released here in France, now my phone have OOS and all work fine.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)