FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Anyone having these issues (Call related) with their OP6?

3,244 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,181

By joshuadjohnson22, Senior Member on 29th May 2018, 01:00 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
So far this phone has been growing on me but there are 2 things that have peeked my attention....

Yesterday I was on a call with a coworker and hung up... the problem it even though it said it hung up I could hear him and his wife talking for about 10 minutes (I was working on something with my hands and wasn't at a stopping point yet). The only way I could break the connection was to reboot the phone... Clearly this can be horrible, people who I talked on the phone with may be able to hear me after I close the connection? Can get me in a lot of trouble.

Also I seem to have call audio dropping out or call drops when I am on a drive. I have T-Mobile and didn't have any call issues with my S8. Anyone else having weird call issues?

1st June 2018, 10:48 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Yeah, just had a similar occurence yesterday.
And, I'm experiencing call quality problems, at least when signal strength is not great (although I didn't have problems with my OnePlus 3 at the same places), as written here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/one...calls-t3795664.
I'm currently trying to get it narrowed down with OnePlus-Support. Possibly, only SIM2 is affected, still investigating. But I'm pretty sure, there are all software-related, as signal strength itself shows more or less the same values as other devices.
1st June 2018, 11:05 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 594

More
I had a friend tell me yesterday he could hear me talking after we hung up?

I am T-Mobile USA 5.1.5 Oxygen, and only using SIM slot 1.
6th June 2018, 04:08 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hey there
@joshuadjohnson22
Now that's a major concern, haven't seen any other reports though. BTW possible for you to share a video recording showcasing that the other person can be heard despite cutting the call?
6th June 2018, 04:35 AM |#5  
Flag Oxford
Thanks Meter: 133

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chakra

I had a friend tell me yesterday he could hear me talking after we hung up?

I am T-Mobile USA 5.1.5 Oxygen, and only using SIM slot 1.

That's scary, I love to talk **** about the person I spoke to when I hang up 😂😂😂😂
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to worldsoutro For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift worldsoutro Ad-Free
6th June 2018, 05:25 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
i have had a similar case. but i also experience another issue the network completely disappears randomly sometimes. its only happened twice since i got the phone a simple restart fixes the issue right away. was thinking of replacing the phone but they state a 2 week wait period. was just wondering if i can get some insight on wether or not this would be software related as in my opinion if it were hardware it wouldnt work at all.
7th June 2018, 05:14 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
replying....
[QUOTE=worldsoutro;76731301]That's scary, I love to talk **** about the person I spoke to when I hang up [/QUOTE

Well I would love to see if what you say is happening for real . I mean someone else hearing me even after disconnecting the call is so not what I want, in fact, not what anybody would want. That's not why I bought an OP6. So, do share a video if possible..

And the same goes for you @satnamgill[COLOR="Silver"]
15th June 2018, 04:16 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Just a heads-up for users who may stumble upon this thread in the future: call quality problems are mostly gone after updating to 5.1.6 (and replacing SIM-cards).
The "phone not hanging up"-problem did not occur again, so far.
The Following User Says Thank You to alturiak For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift alturiak Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)