FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
OnePlus 6 Development Program

[Newbie Question]TWRP gone after OTA update OSS 5.1.6

18 posts
Thanks Meter: 2
 
By dRakeNNNN, Junior Member on 14th June 2018, 05:39 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have an oneplus 6 with official OSS 5.1.5 and TWRP installed. But after OTA update my phone to OSS 5.1.6, i cannot boot to TWRP anymore. Is TWRP gone after OTA update? My OEM unlocking still unlocked.
 
 
14th June 2018, 05:45 AM |#2  
Bradl79's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag J'Ville
Thanks Meter: 1,643
 
Donate to Me
More
Have u not read anything in these forums, tutorials or anything?

There are like 50 threads on how to upgrade and about the new partitions for op6, it is even clear when u installed twrp too
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bradl79 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Bradl79 Ad-Free
14th June 2018, 06:29 AM |#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dRakeNNNN

I have an oneplus 6 with official OSS 5.1.5 and TWRP installed. But after OTA update my phone to OSS 5.1.6, i cannot boot to TWRP anymore. Is TWRP gone after OTA update? My OEM unlocking still unlocked.

Hi, just to clarify when you install an OTA on the oneplus 6 it uses the new partitioning system which is different so to remedy the situation just try reflashing TWRP enchilada installer using fastboot.
The Following User Says Thank You to cschmid44 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cschmid44 Ad-Free
14th June 2018, 07:05 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cschmid44

Hi, just to clarify when you install an OTA on the oneplus 6 it uses the new partitioning system which is different so to remedy the situation just try reflashing TWRP enchilada installer using fastboot.

Previously, i've installed Beta(unofficial) version of TWRP, now i want to re-install TWRP with Official version , do i need to remove or do something firstly?
14th June 2018, 07:09 AM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
To fix it just download the official TWRP for oneplus 6 from the official team win recovery project page and then you put that on your phone, and flash using your currently installed TWRP then after that make sure you also install the root package as installing the new version of TWRP will modify the new boot image, Also a good time to mention that it will install in both slots (Seamless update slots) Treble slots if you will just to be aware.
14th June 2018, 07:11 AM |#6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cschmid44

To fix it just download the official TWRP for oneplus 6 from the official team win recovery project page and then you put that on your phone, and flash using your currently installed TWRP then after that make sure you also install the root package as installing the new version of TWRP will modify the new boot image, Also a good time to mention that it will install in both slots (Seamless update slots) Treble slots if you will just to be aware.

Thank you for your reply, but my problem is i cannot boot into TWRP after OTA upgrade my OSS from 5.1.5 to 5.1.6
14th June 2018, 07:26 AM |#7  
Senior Member
Flag Bennekom
Thanks Meter: 162
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dRakeNNNN

Thank you for your reply, but my problem is i cannot boot into TWRP after OTA upgrade my OSS from 5.1.5 to 5.1.6

Just follow one of the many upgrade guides. Skip the part about upgrading to 5.1.6 but for the rest follow the steps exactly. No need to explain all this in yet another thread imo. You'll need a pc though.
The Following User Says Thank You to peltus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift peltus Ad-Free
14th June 2018, 09:21 AM |#8  
x111's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 211
 
More
that's would be great if twrp can be flashed and stays there without wiping as well as root.
14th June 2018, 10:53 AM |#9  
Ajaykumar21066's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 183
 
Donate to Me
More
Pleasssseeeeee read before creating a new thread
14th June 2018, 12:02 PM |#10  
Member
Flag Monza
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dRakeNNNN

I have an oneplus 6 with official OSS 5.1.5 and TWRP installed. But after OTA update my phone to OSS 5.1.6, i cannot boot to TWRP anymore. Is TWRP gone after OTA update? My OEM unlocking still unlocked.

Wait!
Don't install 5.1.6 ROM because OP has retired it. The last version availabe on OP site is the 5.1.5.
14th June 2018, 10:50 PM |#11  
meiax93's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kuala Nerang
Thanks Meter: 216
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuttleyMB

Wait!
Don't install 5.1.6 ROM because OP has retired it. The last version availabe on OP site is the 5.1.5.

I'm using 5.1.6, so far so good. I don't have any issue on 5.1.6. 😊

Sent from my OnePlus6 using XDA Labs
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes