FORUMS

OnePlus 6 incompatible with Samsung Pay plugin on Gear S3?

12 posts
Thanks Meter: 1
 
By ukon16, Junior Member on 26th May 2018, 04:23 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Just got the one plus 6 but can't get the Samsung pay gear plugin to install. Tried to install the Samsung gear and apps via APKs and got error saying this device isn't supported!

Same for anybody else

FIXED: Latest version of samsung pay APK doesn't work.

Downloaded much older version and it worked like a charm:

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/samsun...load/download/

You might need to enable "install unknown apps"
26th May 2018, 04:55 AM |#2  
b.huss2's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Greenville
Thanks Meter: 550
 
More
You installed the Samsung gear app from the playstore? Are you rooted?
29th May 2018, 12:20 AM |#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Same issue here. Not rooted. Stock Oxygen OS 5.1.5. Samsung gear app installed from Google Play store and everything seems to be working with the watch, it connects fine and shows notifications and such. Just try to open Samsung Pay on the watch and it says to open the gear app on the phone and install the Samsung Pay plugin. Click Ok and it opens up the gear app on my phone and then get the error as follows.

"Installation failed, try again later"
29th May 2018, 12:36 AM |#4  
b.huss2's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Greenville
Thanks Meter: 550
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokethrower2

Same issue here. Not rooted. Stock Oxygen OS 5.1.5. Samsung gear app installed from Google Play store and everything seems to be working with the watch, it connects fine and shows notifications and such. Just try to open Samsung Pay on the watch and it says to open the gear app on the phone and install the Samsung Pay plugin. Click Ok and it opens up the gear app on my phone and then get the error as follows.

"Installation failed, try again later"

Check this thread. We were discussing this very thing.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/one...3-100-t3796303
1st June 2018, 06:37 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Latest version of samsung pay APK doesn't work.

Downloaded much older version and it worked like a charm:

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/samsun...load/download/

You might need to enable "install unknown apps"
17th July 2018, 05:51 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 45
 
More
Im having sort of troubles..

#1 I had to install the apk for Samsung Pay for Gear but 3 times since launch my card was deleted, just like S-Pay was reset
#2 Samsung Pay doesnt show up in the Samsung Gear app on my phone, region restrictions? Beacuse I used the APK?
5th October 2018, 09:13 AM |#7  
Senior Member
Flag Beveren-Waas
Thanks Meter: 94
 
Donate to Me
More
This is not working with the Oneplus 6 and the new Galaxy Watch 😣
30th October 2018, 03:14 PM |#8  
GiSS88's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 36
 
More
Hate to bump an old thread, but considering the OP6T in the next couple of days. Do you still need to use an old APK to get pay to work? And does updating it also break S-Pay? Probably going to stay stock at least for a while on the new phone either way, but it will influence whether I go forward with the OP or go with a Samsung instead...
30th October 2018, 05:38 PM |#9  
b.huss2's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Greenville
Thanks Meter: 550
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiSS88

Hate to bump an old thread, but considering the OP6T in the next couple of days. Do you still need to use an old APK to get pay to work? And does updating it also break S-Pay? Probably going to stay stock at least for a while on the new phone either way, but it will influence whether I go forward with the OP or go with a Samsung instead...

The problem now is you can't get Samsung wearable app from playstore because it says "device not compatible". However, you can get everything from apkmirror. It all works fine.
30th October 2018, 05:47 PM |#10  
GiSS88's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 36
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by b.huss2

The problem now is you can't get Samsung wearable app from playstore because it says "device not compatible". However, you can get everything from apkmirror. It all works fine.

That's silly. It all updates fine once installed, pay included?
30th October 2018, 06:08 PM |#11  
b.huss2's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Greenville
Thanks Meter: 550
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiSS88

That's silly. It all updates fine once installed, pay included?

I honestly am not sure about that. Can't say that I've had an update on the wearable apps that I recall... I do know that with the pay plugin, it updated itself when I started it up.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes