problem with bluetooth

Search This thread

westentertainer

Jul 30, 2008
hi i love my op6 but there is one annoying thing Bluetooth auto connect ..my phone is connected to my tic watch pro with no problems but when i get in my car that has a alpine halo 9 i have to connect it manually ,also my company car is continually searching for my phone..i have never had this problem with any of the phones i have had [i have had every flagship phone that has come out .IOS or android.] any body shed some light on this for me thanks

nabbed

Aug 15, 2010
hi i love my op6 but there is one annoying thing Bluetooth auto connect ..my phone is connected to my tic watch pro with no problems but when i get in my car that has a alpine halo 9 i have to connect it manually ,also my company car is continually searching for my phone..i have never had this problem with any of the phones i have had [i have had every flagship phone that has come out .IOS or android.] any body shed some light on this for me thanks

Everyone who has a smart watch that can make BT phone calls has this problem.
The car kit connects as "Connected (no phone)."

This bug was introduced by Google with Pixel XL after 7.0.2 update, and they never fixed it.
Individual manufacturers fix this in their own Android skins except Google, Xaiomi and now Oneplus.
BTW, the bug was not present in 5.1.5. OOS, and was introduced in 5.1.6 or 5.1.7 (I skipped the 5.1.6 update.) So, it's likely that OP simply and lazily copied Google code at that point.

If you want to get rid of this annoyance, one possible way is to disable Phone Audio option in the watch BT properties on the phone.
Of course, you could also flash 5.1.5.

westentertainer

Jul 30, 2008
Everyone who has a smart watch that can make BT phone calls has this problem.
The car kit connects as "Connected (no phone)."

This bug was introduced by Google with Pixel XL after 7.0.2 update, and they never fixed it.
Individual manufacturers fix this in their own Android skins except Google, Xaiomi and now Oneplus.
BTW, the bug was not present in 5.1.5. OOS, and was introduced in 5.1.6 or 5.1.7 (I skipped the 5.1.6 update.) So, it's likely that OP simply and lazily copied Google code at that point.

If you want to get rid of this annoyance, one possible way is to disable Phone Audio option in the watch BT properties on the phone.
Of course, you could also flash 5.1.5.
Thank you. What would I loose disabling phone audio on watch ?