ATTN DEVS: OnePlus is giving away three OnePlus 6 phones for free. Apply here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

XDARoni

XDA Community Manager
Apply to get a Free OnePlus 6 for your Development Projects

OnePlus has a long history of always supporting the development community when it comes to their devices. They have been consistent with offering phones that can easily be unlocked and flashed with different ROMs and recoveries. They're one of the few companies that allow you to unlock the bootloader of your phone without any requirement of an unlock key. They are also quick to release their kernel sources to encourage development.

Now OnePlus is taking another big step in showing their support of the development community. They are sending out 36 free OnePlus 6 units to different developers so that they can get to work on creating great ROMs, Kernels, and other modifications to the device.

Leave a comment in this thread telling us why you think you deserve a free OnePlus 6 and what kind of development projects you would bring to the community. There are three untis still up for grabs.

Update: All units have been claimed. Thanks for participating!

Last edited:

sarthakspiker

Jan 16, 2015
chennai
I was working on orion os on the Moto g and later on oneplus x. I also have several threads here in OpX section. So I think it would be great if I could get the device for testing and building purposes.

jhakjhuk1853

Nov 28, 2012
Mumbai
Bcoz I am ROM tester for many devices.
+ I already own OnePlus 6 as daily driver so other device can be used exclusively for ROM testing

Reactions: venky716

ValoXis

Jun 2, 2012
Venus
I'm the developer of Discovery ROM. I'm a developer and a computer science student. I want to test on it my projects (actual and future), I have a lot of things ready to be developed (some apps and a lot of very interesting exclusive features for my ROM). With the OnePlus 6 all these things would be easier to develop and test.

SKULSHADY

Translator
Jul 9, 2016
Mumbai
Hi. I'm one of the two developers of Havoc-OS and I also have a variant of the Modded Google Camera. I am also a bit of a themer and have made a subs overlay for Transparent In-Call UI for Google Dialer. These are my current projects. In the past I have been a part of Zenity-N, Z-Unleashed, Unleash-OS and OxygenOS System Mods. I would really like to get a OnePlus 6. I've been a huge fan of OnePlus since OnePlus One days. I know I'm not too qualified developer but I learn as I go and I've come a long way since I started. I really like this phone and if I win, it will give me an opportunity to work on Havoc-OS for OnePlus 6.

Last edited:

serj.borgore

Sep 2, 2014
Hi, my name is Sergio. I'm an Italian engineering student, I want to work on the appearance of the Rom and test new ROMS and fix them if needed. I'm a tester for any One Plus roms and kernels. Give me a chance to work with you! It's a dream. I actually use OP3

InFlames03

Mar 4, 2016
Hi, I'm Sai, a developer interning for the Substratum team and would really appreciate an additional device for testing and debugging several of our projects on the device, as OOS has some of its own quirks that may need some additional testing. Additionally I am also a Substratum themer, meaning that I could add support for OOS 5.1.5+ on my theme.

Theme's GitHub page:
https://github.com/InFlames03/Oreo-Theme

Last edited:

trixter127

May 20, 2017
Tirupati
I'm active member in development of both my present Honor 7x and Past K3 Note devices.
My previous works include a 3.1.1 twrp recovery for K3 Note , Flashable Face Unlock Zips for Android 5.1+, AOSP based themes for Honor 7x.I can sure do much more if I get a device like OnePlus 6 .
As the OnePlus 6 supports Project Treble I will try to build a Stable TWRP with vendor partition and Ressurection Remix Rom if possible .

NYCHitman1

Recognized Developer
Apr 9, 2010
New York
Google Pixel 2 XL
Google Pixel 3

OnePlus has a long history of always supporting the development community when it comes to their devices. They have been consistent with offering phones that can easily be unlocked and flashed with different ROMs and recoveries. They're one of the few companies that allow you to unlock the bootloader of your phone without any requirement of an unlock key. They are also quick to release their kernel sources to encourage development.

Now OnePlus is taking another big step in showing their support of the development community. They are sending out 36 free OnePlus 6 units to different developers so that they can get to work on creating great ROMs, Kernels, and other modifications to the device.

Leave a comment in this thread telling us why you think you deserve a free OnePlus 6 and what kind of development projects you would bring to the community. There are three untis still up for grabs.

Hello,

I work on the Dirty Unicorns project which currently is not shared on XDA, but we are still a popular project. Alternatively, I also work on the unicornblood kernel for the devices I support (many of which, to include the OP5).

Please keep me in consideration.

DarkExistence

May 8, 2015
Cork
I would love to have the chance to get a OnePlus 6!

I develop official AICP for the OnePlus 3 so have good knowledge regarding the OnePlus community and OnePlus devices in general. AICP is a highly customisable ROM which is very popular in a lot of communities, and I can't see why the OnePlus 6 community would be any different :)

I am part of the Exynos 5420 team, where we bring official LineageOS and AICP to older devices, such as Galaxy Tab S devices and Galaxy Note Tablet devices.

I'm an official LineageOS member working on my exynos device and would like to bring AICP to the OnePlus 6 and use it to further my knowledge of developing custom ROMs for devices :)

Thanks!

Last edited:

Aankik

Oct 16, 2015
I have been working on mediatek devices for one year and definitely want to hands on snapedragon 845.I have limited resources but can be your beta tester , guaranteed.
* Please give chance to junior members*
My contribution to mediatek 6592
Aicp
Benstalk
Xosp
Aokp
Bliss
Crdroid
Mokee and many more
. First few members in mediatek family to crossport CyanogenMod 13 from mtk 6582 (bugfree).
If i would be given op6 then i would surely increase my coding skills.

Last edited:

etaPlease

Jun 29, 2017
Testing is in my blood

Well, I’m not really a developer but I am the kind of person who has all the time in the world. I dont do much since I’m a student so I can dedicate my time in testing rom, kernels and whatever xda can throw at me.

I’d like to work with the various great devs to test their contributions and make them suitable for public release.
I’m coming from the Xioami Mi5 community and I’ve been very active there. However, sadly my phone broke into pieces recently. So I could use a huge upgrade as the OnePlus 6. Considering the goodness of the phone, I’d be more keen to use the time I idle away in testing xda goodies and make OnePlus 6 community a great place.

P.S Yes I know how to take logs and all the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi. I'm one of the two developers of Havoc-OS and I also have a variant of the Modded Google Camera. I am also a bit of a themer and have made a subs overlay for Transparent In-Call UI for Google Dialer. These are my current projects. In the past I have been a part of Zenity-N, Z-Unleashed, Unleash-OS and OxygenOS System Mods. I would really like to get a OnePlus 6. I've been a huge fan of OnePlus since OnePlus One days. I know I'm not too qualified developer but I learn as I go and I've come a long way since I started. I really like this phone and if I win, it will give me an opportunity to work on Havoc-OS for OnePlus 6.

Update: All units have been claimed. Thanks for participating!
    Hello,

I am the lead developer of the PixelExperience project (github.com/PixelExperience), I have been working on this ROM since oreo was born.
    I've never had a Oneplus device, it would be a dream if I got one, and i would improve development with maximum efforts.

My github: http://github.com/jhenrique09

Please keep me in mind.
    Wow this thread is already a disgrace... If you are not a developer (as in you cannot read/write code), you shouldn't be in here. Plain and simple.

To try and bring some sanity to this thread, I wanted to point out @ezio84 because I know he won't do it himself... You can go to any single ROM (including the ones in this thread) and find at least five to ten high quality commits from him. The scene would look VERY VERY different without him from a features standpoint and I think he absolutely deserves a high quality device for his efforts.

https://github.com/ezio84

I work with @NYCHitman1 on Dirty Unicorns and he has a very solid understanding of the device from a bring up perspective, where he'd be instrumental in getting it up and running quickly. He deserves one as well.

Lastly, @RenderBroken and @joshuous have been constantly pushing the envelope in the EAS department, which is NOT something to be understated. EAS is a massive undertaking as it requires a deep understanding of the scheduler.

https://github.com/EAS-Project
    @joshuous and I have both been heavily involved in porting/testing/developing Energy Aware Scheduling for both the oneplus 3, OnePlus 5 and made it easy to port to any 4.4.x based device and soon any 3.18.x based device.

Our source:
    https://github.com/EAS-Project

We would love to continue our work on a 4.9 based kernel device and push the envelope even further.