FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
OnePlus 6 Development Program

ATTN DEVS: OnePlus is giving away three OnePlus 6 phones for free. Apply here.

348 posts
Thanks Meter: 793

By XDARoni, XDA Community Manager on 7th June 2018, 04:45 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
Apply to get a Free OnePlus 6 for your Development Projects

OnePlus has a long history of always supporting the development community when it comes to their devices. They have been consistent with offering phones that can easily be unlocked and flashed with different ROMs and recoveries. They're one of the few companies that allow you to unlock the bootloader of your phone without any requirement of an unlock key. They are also quick to release their kernel sources to encourage development.

Now OnePlus is taking another big step in showing their support of the development community. They are sending out 36 free OnePlus 6 units to different developers so that they can get to work on creating great ROMs, Kernels, and other modifications to the device.

Leave a comment in this thread telling us why you think you deserve a free OnePlus 6 and what kind of development projects you would bring to the community. There are three untis still up for grabs.

Update: All units have been claimed. Thanks for participating!
The Following 102 Users Say Thank You to XDARoni For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift XDARoni Ad-Free

7th June 2018, 05:00 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Hi suggest my name ..I am working on aoscp for one plus 6/3/3t
7th June 2018, 05:00 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 4,372

Donate to Me
More
I am not dev, but i have enough time for testing modifications for OnePlus 6 and i think that we need somebody who will record videos about new ROMs for YouTube, thats why i want this phone for me (i have Apple iPhone X, Huawei P20 Pro, Honor View 10 and Sony XPERIA XZ2 now).
7th June 2018, 05:03 PM |#4  
Flag Nightmare Realm
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Low Latency Kernel coz why not
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to raphielscape For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift raphielscape Ad-Free
7th June 2018, 05:03 PM |#5  
Flag chennai
Thanks Meter: 365

More
I was working on orion os on the Moto g and later on oneplus x. I also have several threads here in OpX section. So I think it would be great if I could get the device for testing and building purposes.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sarthak kumar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sarthak kumar Ad-Free
7th June 2018, 05:04 PM |#6  
Recognized Themer
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 11,217

Donate to Me
More
I think I should have one because I used to develop themes, modifications and many more for Sony Xperia devices. I have been active on XDA for over 5 years and I would like to make more contribution to the community. Thanks !
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Ben Ling For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ben Ling Ad-Free
7th June 2018, 05:06 PM |#7  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 216

Donate to Me
More
Bcoz I am ROM tester for many devices.
+ I already own OnePlus 6 as daily driver so other device can be used exclusively for ROM testing
The Following User Says Thank You to jhakjhuk1853 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jhakjhuk1853 Ad-Free
7th June 2018, 05:07 PM |#8  
Flag Venus
Thanks Meter: 1,112

Donate to Me
More
I'm the developer of Discovery ROM. I'm a developer and a computer science student. I want to test on it my projects (actual and future), I have a lot of things ready to be developed (some apps and a lot of very interesting exclusive features for my ROM). With the OnePlus 6 all these things would be easier to develop and test.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ValoXis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ValoXis Ad-Free
7th June 2018, 05:08 PM |#9  
Flag New Lenox
Thanks Meter: 4,888

Donate to Me
More
I'm 1 of 2 lead devs for https://github.com/AquariOS and would love to make AquariOS for op6
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to rc420head For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rc420head Ad-Free
7th June 2018, 05:08 PM |#10  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 2,700

Donate to Me
More
Hi. I'm one of the two developers of Havoc-OS and I also have a variant of the Modded Google Camera. I am also a bit of a themer and have made a subs overlay for Transparent In-Call UI for Google Dialer. These are my current projects. In the past I have been a part of Zenity-N, Z-Unleashed, Unleash-OS and OxygenOS System Mods. I would really like to get a OnePlus 6. I've been a huge fan of OnePlus since OnePlus One days. I know I'm not too qualified developer but I learn as I go and I've come a long way since I started. I really like this phone and if I win, it will give me an opportunity to work on Havoc-OS for OnePlus 6.
The Following 156 Users Say Thank You to SKULSHADY For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SKULSHADY Ad-Free
7th June 2018, 05:09 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Hi, my name is Sergio. I'm an Italian engineering student, I want to work on the appearance of the Rom and test new ROMS and fix them if needed. I'm a tester for any One Plus roms and kernels. Give me a chance to work with you! It's a dream. I actually use OP3
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread