[Discussion & Feedback] OxygenOS Open Beta 6 (Android 10) for the OnePlus 6

Search This thread

tryout1

Sep 17, 2010
Styria
OnePlus 7 Pro
Had that issue too right now, went blu TWRP > Beta3.zip > reflash blu TWRP > reboot recovery but even there i had crashdump error. What helped me right now and i'm up and running again was i extracted the payload.bin from Full Beta3 zip with THIS tool and TRIED to boot the stock boot.img via fastboot, which failed with
PS E:\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools> .\fastboot.exe boot .\boot.img
downloading 'boot.img'...
OKAY [ 1.504s]
booting...
FAILED (status read failed (Too many links))
finished. total time: 1.552s
but somehow it seems to me changed the Slot back to A instead of B so i could boot blu TWRP again, i then just reflashed the Full Beta 3 zip there without reflashing blu TWRP and boom i'm on again, just without magisk (root) ofc but i have everything,

Last edited:

manny18pr

Sep 12, 2011
Google Pixel 7
In OB3 the search in settings seems to be broken. It only search for apps installed. In earlier version I could just type the setting that I was looking and it took me straight to it. Can anyone else confirm?

tryout1

Sep 17, 2010
Styria
OnePlus 7 Pro
Still working for me
In OB3 the search in settings seems to be broken. It only search for apps installed. In earlier version I could just type the setting that I was looking and it took me straight to it. Can anyone else confirm?
Screenshot_20180915-142615.jpeg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

jbm76

dex2grigg

Mar 6, 2012
Salisbury
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Hi buddy, Can I ask where you got your never settle signature gif, from? I've been hunting for one and it seems that google is as about as useful as a chocolate teapot.

---------- Post added at 10:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 AM ----------

Not relevant lol, but....funny how out of the entire XDA family, the comment above mine...is from Salisbury ha...when I live in Amesbury... a tiny 10 mins away.

Haha that's mad! It's a small world man!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1155602-db52ac279a0dcc63b5ef9e9a7a5e6cb0.png

Hey everyone,

Here are the latest open beta builds for the OnePlus 6 and 6T.

Changelog
    Code:
    [B]System:[/B]
     • Now unlock the LockBox without any problems in File Manager
     • No more crashes in the Launcher with apps in full-screen display
     • Got rid of blank screens while clearing up the background apps
     • Updated Android security patch to 2020.03

Note:
    1. Please keep in mind that this is beta software. These builds are not as stable as our official OTAs. By installing this update, you accept the potential risks.
    As always, please share your feedback through https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/. For more information on submitting bugs or suggestions please refer to How to report a bug and feel free to share your product suggestions via the Community app (please assign the category as OnePlus 6/6T with Android 10).

Please note:
    • If you have already flashed an Open Beta (you are currently running the latest Open Beta), you will receive this new build as an OTA.
    • If you are not running open beta software and would like to, please refer to the flashing instructions and the full ROM on the downloads page.
    • Once you migrate to the beta path, you will continue to receive Open Beta OTAs. You will no longer receive the regular Official Stable OTAs.
    • Moving back to the Official OTA path from the Beta path will require a full install and clean flash (full wipe of all data and cache).

Make sure to let us know how you feel about the beta builds here in the thread too, we are watching.

Click here to find out how to take logs on OxygenOS.

Downloads

Full Update

Stock Boot Image
    • boot.img: UnOfficial
    • MD5 Hash: 110e1347d614a9c791682175f5e2ce75
    • Android OTA payload dumper Tutorial: Link

Custom Recoveries

Root

Warning: Do not flash partial update OTAs (under 1 GB) on a modified/rooted device! If you want to use partial OTAs, you must first flash the full OxygenOS zip that it applies to, and then flash the partial OTA from stock recovery. Flashing partial OTAs from TWRP will either fail or soft brick your device. You can return to a usable state by flashing one of the above full zips in recovery.

Installation Instructions

Download the necessary files from the section above and follow the steps below:

Note: Dirty flashing is fine if you are running an old OxygenOS version or a ROM based on OxygenOS. If you are, however, coming from a Custom ROM, you must clean flash.

Caution: Please remove your existing screen lock/pin/pattern/password and set it to swipe before starting the update process.

For Non-Rooted Users with a Locked Bootloader and Stock Recovery

1. Download the full ROM zip from the downloads section above and place it in the root of your internal memory
    2. Reboot to Stock Recovery > Shutdown device > Press Volume Down + Power buttons together
    3. Select Language > Install menu > Install from internal > Select the full zip > Flash
    4. Reboot to System
    Note: First boot may take some time, so please be patient and wait for it to boot.

[Dirty Flash] For Users with an Unlocked Bootloader and TWRP Recovery coming from Stable OxygenOS, OxygenOS Open Beta

1. Download the full ROM zip and TWRP recovery from the downloads section above
    2. Transfer the full ROM zip and TWRP recovery to the root of your device's internal storage
    3. Reboot to TWRP recovery and take a nandroid backup of your existing ROM
    4. From the TWRP menu, Install > Select full ROM zip > Swipe to flash
    5. From the TWRP menu, Install > Select TWRP recovery zip > Swipe to flash
    6. Reboot to TWRP recovery
    7. Flash the latest stable Magisk in case you want to root
    8. Reboot to System
    Note: First boot may take some time, so please be patient and wait for it to boot.

Warning: Dirty flashing (update) can be risky! Remember that if you face issues after dirty flashing, you will have to clean flash.

[Clean Flash] For Users with an Unlocked Bootloader and TWRP Recovery

1. Download the full ROM zip and TWRP recovery from the downloads section above
    2. Transfer the full ROM zip and TWRP recovery to the root of your device's internal storage
    3. Reboot to TWRP recovery and take a nandroid backup of your existing ROM
    4. From the TWRP menu, Install > Select full ROM zip > Swipe to flash
    5. From the TWRP menu, Install > Select TWRP recovery zip > Swipe to flash
    6. Reboot to TWRP recovery
    7. From the TWRP menu, Wipe > Swipe to wipe
    8. Flash the latest stable Magisk in case you want to root
    9. Reboot to System

Never Settle.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [Discussion & Feedback] OxygenOS Open Beta 6 (Android 10) for the OnePlus 6, ROM for the OnePlus 6

Contributors
    Funk Wizard, Akhil701
    Source Code: https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/oxygenos-open-beta-6-for-the-oneplus-6-and-oneplus-6t.1209984/

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 6
    Beta Release Date: 2020-04-08

Created 2019-01-30
    Last Updated 2020-04-30
    Downloads moved to post 1
    Thread Maintainer assigned: @jslawler & @Akhil701
    Flashing instruction moved to post 1

Thread Maintainer Assigned: @jslawler & @Akhil701
    Guys just like to mention here that BETA is its initial stages so expect bugs and broken functionalities. We try our best to test all major functionalities before moving the build from a closed stage to open for you guys to test it further and share your findings as there can be infinite possibilities of something still being broken and that is were you guys come into spotlight :fingers-crossed:

If you take a look around, there are not many OEMs who are offering 9.0 builds even in beta. I don't want to take any names here but some of them have much bigger development teams, staff and resources. We are still working towards the a better and sweeter pie experience for you and that will not only cover the current devices, but will trickle down till the OnePlus 3/3T, for the record, there are very few 2016 devices which will get the pie treatment.

Having said that I truly appreciate your support and participation in OnePlus Beta Program and consider you guys our core community members who give us our true feedback, good or bad always valuable to us.

Thank you once again for your continued support and active participation in the beta program, expect bugs and subsiquent fixes, its a cat and mouse chase :laugh:

Let's keep the thread moving forward towards positive contributions and a better, sweeter pie experience :highfive:
    I smell something is coming, Stay tuned :)