FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Discussion & Feedback] OxygenOS 9.0.5 OTA for the OnePlus 6

4,245 posts
Thanks Meter: 14,087

Post Reply Email Thread
Hey Everyone,

We are starting to push the incremental rollout of OxygenOS 9.0.5 for the OnePlus 6

Code:
Changelog:

System:
* Updated Android security patch to 2019.3
* General bug fixes and system improvements

Community:
Introducing Feedback Tool for reporting bugs and submitting feature requests
For those who were on previous versions for OnePlus 6, we appreciate your active feedback for reaching out to us. With your help, we have been able to better optimize and improve several key areas. Thank you for your patience and as always, we look forward to getting your continued feedback in the bug reporting forum here: https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/.

This OTA will have a staged rollout. The OTA will be received by a limited number of users today and will have a broader rollout in a few days after making sure there are no critical bugs. Using VPN to download this build might not work as the rollout is not based on regions and is randomly pushed out to a limited number of devices.

Your feedback is appreciated. We may not always be able to respond to every comment in the forums, but please be assured that we take your comments and feedback seriously. Hope you enjoy and let us know how you feel about the update in the comments below.

Never Settle.

XDA:DevDB Information
[Discussion & Feedback] OxygenOS 9.0.5 OTA for the OnePlus 6, ROM for the OnePlus 6

Contributors
Funk Wizard
ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie

Version Information

Created 2019-02-11
Last Updated 2019-04-20
The Following 141 Users Say Thank You to Funk Wizard For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Funk Wizard Ad-Free

23rd May 2018, 09:49 AM |#2  
OP Forum Moderator
Flag New Delhi

More
Downloads:

Oxygen OS 9.0.4 Full Zip
Official

Previous Releases:
Oxygen OS 9.0.3 Full Zip
Official | G-Drive
MD5: 0EA5198479F842F369946C6787871107
SHA-1: 6FAC6FACD5E63E0D8D7C0DCCED0D283E51A47AB4

Full Rom OOS 9.0.2
Official | AFH
MD5: 64d55849333e62db1b530b7aae84fb71

TWRP
Blu_Spark TWRP

Magisk

Thank You all for your Support

Never Settle

Warning: Do not flash partial update OTAs (under 1 GB) on a modified device! If you want to use partial OTAs, you must first flash a Full Zip that it applies to, and then flash the partial OTA from stock recovery. Flashing partial OTAs from TWRP will either fail or soft brick your device. You can return to a usable state by flashing one of the above full zips in recovery.
The Following 99 Users Say Thank You to Funk Wizard For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Funk Wizard Ad-Free
23rd May 2018, 09:49 AM |#3  
OP Forum Moderator
Flag New Delhi

More
Flashing Instructions:

Download the necessary files from the post above and follow as below:

1. Download the Full Zip from above link and move it from the Download folder to the root of your internal storage.

2. Navigate to Settings > System Update > Settings > Local upgrade > Select latest OOS Full Zip

3. Flash the Full Zip

4. Upon Successful Flash > Wipe Cache from Recovery

5. Reboot Recovery Once Done

Device will reboot and your OnePlus 6 is now running on the latest OxygenOS Firmware & OS based on Android Pie 9.0

************************ For Unlocked Users with TWRP Recovery ************************

Download the required files from Post 2

Once you have downloaded all the required files on you device, please follow as below

1. Reboot to TWRP (Latest Bluspark recommended)

2. Take a Nandroid of your existing ROM just in case you need it

3. Flash the latest Full OOS Zip

4. Flash the TWRP installer Zip

5. Reboot to RECOVERY to make sure TWRP stays and continue to root.

6. Flash Magisk Stable to maintain root (Avoid Beta)

7. Reboot System and Enjoy the latest firmware without any data loss

Device will reboot and your OnePlus 6 is now running on the latest OxygenOS Firmware & OS based on Android Pie 9.0

How to take logs on OOS : here

Thank You all for your Support

Never Settle

The first boot may take some time so keep calm

PS: Do not flash partial update OTAs (under 1 GB) on a modified device! If you want to use partial OTAs, you must first flash a full OTA that it applies to, and then flash the partial OTA from stock recovery. Flashing partial OTAs from TWRP will either fail or soft brick your device. You can return to a usable state by flashing one of the above full OTA zips in recovery.
The Following 58 Users Say Thank You to Funk Wizard For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Funk Wizard Ad-Free
23rd May 2018, 09:54 AM |#4  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 152

Donate to Me
More
Can we get more details on the 5.1.5? What bugs were fixed? What improvements were made?
23rd May 2018, 12:02 PM |#5  
OP Forum Moderator
Flag New Delhi

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GizmoFreak

Can we get more details on the 5.1.5? What bugs were fixed? What improvements were made?

There are no details on the list of bugs fixed or the details on stability at this time.
If i get any details on it from the rom team i shall get back to you.

I believe the team is still working on a bigger update and is focused on getting some more software additions to the OnePlus 6.
Hopefully the future updates will get you better features and optimisation for a smoother experience.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Funk Wizard For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Funk Wizard Ad-Free
23rd May 2018, 05:08 PM |#6  
Flag Copenhagen
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Downloading it now. It seems to be getting the full ROM, probably because I have unlocked the bootloader.
23rd May 2018, 11:09 PM |#7  
Flag OZARK
Thanks Meter: 1,033

Donate to Me
More
I cannot wait to get my device!! Ordered at launch Direct from OnePlus via priority ship so hopefully Friday arrival!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Ippolito1971 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ippolito1971 Ad-Free
24th May 2018, 07:11 AM |#8  
OP Forum Moderator
Flag New Delhi

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghashul

Downloading it now. It seems to be getting the full ROM, probably because I have unlocked the bootloader.

Yes the system would prompt a full zip download for unlocked bootloaders / rooted devices. Download via system updates or from the direct link in the download section
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Funk Wizard For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Funk Wizard Ad-Free
24th May 2018, 09:44 AM |#9  
Flag Germany (Bonn)
Thanks Meter: 2

More
i got the Notch options with this Update, but this update removed the Always On Display function. I hope it will come back
The Following User Says Thank You to louisitou For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift louisitou Ad-Free
24th May 2018, 12:18 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 1,377

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by louisitou

i got the Notch options with this Update, but this update removed the Always On Display function. I hope it will come back

Always on display? I didn't see that I my settings 🤔
The Following User Says Thank You to stian230 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift stian230 Ad-Free
24th May 2018, 12:20 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 108

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by louisitou

You talking about screensaver?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)