FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Get OTA Updates Quicker (Savage VPN Method)

2,739 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,897

Post Reply Email Thread
You do not need to wait for the OTA from OnePlus to be available in your region. OnePlus rolls out updates gradually so as to not overload their servers, but this may mean that you have to wait 2 or 3 more days to get the OTA available on your device for download. But there's GOOD NEWS!

You can install immediately an OTA is available for download regardless of where you are in the world by using a VPN app!

It's easy, I will introduce you all to this Beautiful, Lite yet effective VPN app which has UNLIMITED Bandwidth and is 100% FREE!

The name of the App is Savage VPN. In a few simple steps you can start installing an OTA that isn't yet available on your phone yet.

1. Download the Savage VPN App from the Google Play Store. Or Click -> https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...agevpn.android

2. Click the location icon at the top right part of the screen to change location. Select CANADA or GERMANY (Canada works first mostly).

3. Click CONNECT.

4. Go to Settings > System Updates. It will check Automatically. If it doesn't click 'Check For Updates' at the bottom right corner of the screen and et Viola! You can now download and install the latest OTA immediately!

P.S
- OTA are not targeted to regions. You will be installing EXACTLY the same thing you wait 2-3 days more for. So why not install it now?!
- You do not have to stay connected to the VPN to download. You can disconnect IMMEDIATELY the update is found.
- If you have Root. Only download FULL OTA updates and look at other Root threads on how to handle Root with TWRP or Magisk and what not.
- If you need a VPN Solution, you can always use it. If you need more time, Simply Click. 'GET MORE TIME'.

I hope this thread helps someone. Cheers!
The Following User Says Thank You to stanley08 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift stanley08 Ad-Free

10th June 2018, 07:05 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 51

More
Or download Oxygen Updater from the Play Store.

No need to start a VPN everytime you want to check for a new update. This app notifies you when there is a new version available. The only downside is you have to update as a local update, it will not do it automatically.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to rmaathuis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rmaathuis Ad-Free
11th June 2018, 07:40 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lagos, Nigeria.
Thanks Meter: 1,897

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmaathuis

Or download Oxygen Updater from the Play Store.

No need to start a VPN everytime you want to check for a new update. This app notifies you when there is a new version available. The only downside is you have to update as a local update, it will not do it automatically.

That's another method, yes. This will be more familiar to some as they are already used to installing OTAs normally.

Some people brick their phones using that app too because they played with the settings or it didn't get detection of device right.

Sent from my unknown using Tapatalk
24th September 2018, 04:24 AM |#4  
Flag Medellín
Thanks Meter: 1

More
It didn't work with my phone one plus 6

24th September 2018, 05:53 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 300

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pibe86

It didn't work with my phone one plus 6

VPNs won't work for Staged rollout like the pie release
The Following User Says Thank You to UCFour For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift UCFour Ad-Free
24th September 2018, 04:01 PM |#6  
Flag Medellín
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCFour

VPNs won't work for Staged rollout like the pie release

Thanks. I'll wait, I hope it takes a few days.
24th September 2018, 06:00 PM |#7  
Forum Moderator
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 15,260

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pibe86

Thanks. I'll wait, I hope it takes a few days.

You can download the full rom from here
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)