OxygenOS 10.0.1 for OP6 is out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

toyanucci

May 28, 2010
OnePlus 9
Having a few issues as well even after wiping and reinstalling twice.

Phone reboots randomly (maybe related to Android auto use).

It sometimes freezes with just a black screen and eventually reboots itself but when this happens it never boots and I have to hold the power button till it powers off then when I power it back on it boots normally.

Connectivity has been hit or miss. Wifi works almost always but sometimes even though it's connected some apps say they aren't connected to the internet and won't work until I reboot the device. Cellular data has the same issue.

I use SwiftKey keyboard so I'm not sure if this is an issue with it or with the OS but sometimes I open an app to type and the keyboard comes up but no typing happens. I have to swipe the app away and reopen it for the keyboard to start working again.

All in all the changes between Pie and OS10 are not big enough for me to suffer through these annoyances so I'll probably downgrade when I get home later.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
So I downgraded by doing a local upgrade to 9.0.2 (found the info on that somewhere on here...I'll post the link to that post if anyone needs it) then checked for update and updated to 9.0.9. I then wiped and setup 9.0.9 and I couldn't be happier.

When I went to android 10 I lost all my saved wifi networks which are usually restored when I setup the phone with my Gmail. Surprisingly my saved wifi networks all came back when I went back to 9.0.9 even though the backup it restored from was a backup of android 10 which didn't have the networks.

Overall, the things I will miss most about A10 is dark theme Gmail and the suggested replies to messages for sms and Google voice (can't remember if it used to make suggestions for whatsapp).

So overall, I'm happier with the better stability of Pie

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

bujarg

Feb 11, 2012
theranda
Hi can anybody answer me if I format the oneplus 6 can I install directly Android 10.
If is possible to do so where to find link to download Android 10
Thank you

Mord0rr

May 24, 2013
2 questions:
- Did they increase photo camera on 10?
- Did they improve ****ty low souns on OP6?

80s Baby

Jun 15, 2014
2 questions:
- Did they increase photo camera on 10?
- Did they improve ****ty low souns on OP6?

No and No. Especially if your someone who uses headphones. The quality of music sounds like trash. As for the camera don't expect op to do something about it. It's something they don't care about

drakenabarion

Dec 13, 2010
Kildare
OnePlus Nord 2T
Nothing Phone 2
I don't have any issues so far on 10.

Some minor annoyances only.

The forced dark mode can sometimes cause certain fields in things like Facebook to be white on white. Not really a +1 issue, more a Google implementation issue.

Other thing is that certain parts of the system don't work with the OnePlus launcher disabled. Things like home gesture. That also means I can't use vertical recent apps, which I much prefer. But I guess I have to adjust.

Battery life has improved. I think it's a combination of better implementation of ambient display and also I can disallow apps to use GPS when not in use.

Sent from my OnePlus 6 using XDA Labs

olifee

Sep 12, 2011
OnePlus 6
Sorry for bumping the "my MAC address changed" issue - did somebody else observe this?
Or can somebody check the MAC address under "Settings => About phone => Status page"?

Mine starts with C0:EE:FB now after the upgrade and started with 64:A2:F9 when I still was on Pie.

yldlj

May 23, 2011
Sorry for bumping the "my MAC address changed" issue - did somebody else observe this?
Or can somebody check the MAC address under "Settings => About phone => Status page"?

Mine starts with C0:EE:FB now after the upgrade and started with 64:A2:F9 when I still was on Pie.
Mine starts with 64:A2. I can't connect to any wifi network tho.

cbarai

Apr 10, 2011
Glasgow
OnePlus One
OnePlus 6

have you checked the privacy setting under the wifi network, there is a setting for a random mac address per wifi.

Settings -> wifi -> select the gear icon against the relevant wifi network and it should be there.

olifee

Sep 12, 2011
OnePlus 6
have you checked the privacy setting under the wifi network, there is a setting for a random mac address per wifi.

Settings -> wifi -> select the gear icon against the relevant wifi network and it should be there.

Of course. That is off. But in any case., that should not change the MAC address shown in system info. For me, all of these places were changed in the upgrade to OOS 10:
- /sys/class/net/wlan0/address
- ip link
- /persist/wlan_mac.bin
- In settings, go to "About phone", check the MAC address in "Status" page.
WiFi works for me, though, and the new address seems to be stable. At least the comments here suggest it's not the worst case scenario that everybody was assigned the very same MAC address.

D4rk4

Dec 25, 2008
Anybody else notice the weather widget on the ambient display? Saw it first thing this morning, but it hasn't shown up again since. Can't find an option for it anywhere either...?

Sh0X31

Mar 27, 2010
Frankfurt am Main

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191204-195504.jpg
    Screenshot_20191204-195504.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 598
Last edited:
Reactions: mitas35
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts