Remove All Ads from XDA

Get Pixel Launcher with Overview Selection on Android 10

151 posts
Thanks Meter: 160

By remewer, Senior Member on 5th November 2019, 06:37 PM
Post Reply Email Thread

Prerequisites:

Steps:
  1. Install Pixel Launcher apk but do not set it as your default launcher yet.
  2. Install QuickSwitch Magisk module in Manager. Reboot
  3. Open QuickSwitch app and select Pixel Launcher as recents provider. Reboot. Set Pixel Launcher as your default launcher.
  4. Install Device Personalization Services Magisk module. Reboot.
  5. Open Pixel Launcher settings. Select Suggestions and enable both options. Done.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191106-013004.jpg
Views:	2436
Size:	194.4 KB
ID:	4867277   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191106-013031.jpg
Views:	2416
Size:	192.4 KB
ID:	4867279  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to remewer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift remewer Ad-Free
5th November 2019, 08:27 PM |#2  
Flag St. Pete
Thanks Meter: 10

More
I can't download device personalization module
6th November 2019, 02:24 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 160

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]

I can't download device personalization module

I replaced the link with mirror. Please try again.
The Following User Says Thank You to remewer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift remewer Ad-Free
7th November 2019, 09:04 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 130

More
Using your Device Personalization Service module results in a bootloop. Had to uninstall and reinstall Magisk to get it booting again.
Anyone else?
The Following User Says Thank You to adeklipse For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift adeklipse Ad-Free
7th November 2019, 09:29 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I got bootloops after flashing the Device Personalization Service module. Had to delete the folder from magisk folder in TWRP recovery to boot onto system.
7th November 2019, 01:33 PM |#6  
Flag St. Pete
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Bootlooped here too
7th November 2019, 02:06 PM |#7  
Flag Vannes
Thanks Meter: 307

More
Only installed the Pixel Launcher and used Quick Switch, works like it should.
Funny, it even automatically put my icons and widgets exactly where they was on my previous ROM, wierd !
7th November 2019, 02:38 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 130

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totone56

Only installed the Pixel Launcher and used Quick Switch, works like it should.
Funny, it even automatically put my icons and widgets exactly where they was on my previous ROM, wierd !

Correct me if I'm wrong, but without the Device Personalization module thing, the dock when you swipe up to Recents is the same dock from your home screen, right? Not the frequently-used dock?
7th November 2019, 03:48 PM |#9  
Flag Vannes
Thanks Meter: 307

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adeklipse

Correct me if I'm wrong, but without the Device Personalization module thing, the dock when you swipe up to Recents is the same dock from your home screen, right? Not the frequently-used dock?

Looks like it, yep ! Probably also enables the copy/paste feature, i can't get it to work like in the first screenshot.
21st November 2019, 07:11 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Hey guys, just a heads up, it appears as if the Device Personalization Module needs to be installed via TWRP and not Magisk. I've tried this multiple times on both a 6 and a 6t, and if you flash the module via Magisk, you'll get a bootloop, but if you flash it via TWRP, everything works fine. OP's guide is a bit confusing (when I saw "Install Device Personalization Services Magisk module", I assumed it meant VIA magisk), but I figured it out, and the recent apps and copy and paste work great if you do it this way. Thank you OP for posting the guide, I'd maybe amend the part about the DPS Module to make it clear that it needs to be installed via TWRP, but other than that, you've made me love my phone even more. Oxygen OS with a fully integrated Pixel Launcher is maybe the best phone experience I could ask for.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DFSVegas For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DFSVegas Ad-Free
23rd November 2019, 07:48 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFSVegas

Hey guys, just a heads up, it appears as if the Device Personalization Module needs to be installed via TWRP and not Magisk. I've tried this multiple times on both a 6 and a 6t, and if you flash the module via Magisk, you'll get a bootloop, but if you flash it via TWRP, everything works fine. OP's guide is a bit confusing (when I saw "Install Device Personalization Services Magisk module", I assumed it meant VIA magisk), but I figured it out, and the recent apps and copy and paste work great if you do it this way. Thank you OP for posting the guide, I'd maybe amend the part about the DPS Module to make it clear that it needs to be installed via TWRP, but other than that, you've made me love my phone even more. Oxygen OS with a fully integrated Pixel Launcher is maybe the best phone experience I could ask for.

I flashed in TWRP 3.3.1-70 and bootlooped. Maybe it's because I'm on OnePlus 7 Pro OOS 10
The Following User Says Thank You to robertelam83 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift robertelam83 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)