FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
OnePlus 6 Development Program

[ROM][STOCK][FASTBOOT][OP6] Stock Fastboot ROMs for OnePlus 6

1,484 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,017

Post Reply Email Thread
Things are changing with the advent of project treble. OnePlus will no longer release ROMs flashable via recovery (either stock or twrp) because is no more needed. The updates will be done on the slot not used for example if you are using slot a the update will be installed on slot b and the slot b will be set as default. If you brick and you are in bootloop how you can restore the rom? You can't with Stock ROM you have, because the zip can be only installed via Update Engine, so what can you do? Flash a stock rom via fastboot. I have extracted all images from the stock zip and i have made a new zip with the Fastboot ROM with a flash-all.bat included. This will work only if your bootloader is unlcoked. This will erase all your data and will wipe your internal storage.

HOW TO INSTALL
Download the zip;
Unpack the zip in a folder;
Reboot the OnePlus 6 in fastboot mode (Power and volume-);
Connect the OnePlus 6 to PC;
Run flash-all.bat the folder where you unzipped the ROM;
Wait until the process end.

DOWNLOAD

All roms on AFH: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=271877
All roms on Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QH...uXp1qf7zIeYN3t

OSX - Linux

If you want to flash these fastboot roms through OSX or Linux you can follow the guide on this post: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...0&postcount=56
Remember to install adb and fastboot before flash the rom.

REMEMBER
"Invalid sparce file format at header magic" is not an error, you need to wait a bit when you see that string, just wait.

If you want you can use also my tool to unlock bootloader, flash twrp or to understand if the device is recognized: https://toolaio.tk/

Thanks to @SaiBork for first time tested

If you got some problems like write error or no partition, check this: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...5&postcount=34
The Following 54 Users Say Thank You to mauronofrio For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mauronofrio Ad-Free

28th May 2018, 08:03 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
This would've saved me 6 hours of my life trying to unbrick my 6 this morning. You are a savior. Reserved.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mikex8593 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mikex8593 Ad-Free
28th May 2018, 08:09 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 844

More
So how do we install the OTA update when we have twrp installed?..
Always through fastboot?...
28th May 2018, 08:17 PM |#4  
Flag J'Ville
Thanks Meter: 1,643

Donate to Me
More
will this erase internal storage?

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikex8593

This would've saved me 6 hours of my life trying to unbrick my 6 this morning. You are a savior. Reserved.

did this work for u?
28th May 2018, 08:21 PM |#5  
Quote:
Originally Posted by cultofluna

So how do we install the OTA update when we have twrp installed?..
Always through fastboot?...

No, with Update Engine. With project treble the updates are installed from an Android app called Update Engine in the slot that you are not using, when you reboot the device after the update, the slot will be changed and you will have the update. The stock recovery is there only to wipe your memory if needed and there is no longer the recovery partition but the recovery is included in the boot partition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradl79

Yes, i added it on first post

If you get some errors write it here and i will help you to solve it
The Following User Says Thank You to mauronofrio For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mauronofrio Ad-Free
28th May 2018, 08:24 PM |#6  
Flag J'Ville

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauronofrio

No, with Update Engine. With project treble the updates are installed from an Android app called Update Engine in the slot that you are not using, when you reboot the device after the update, the slot will be changed and you will have the update. The stock recovery is there only to wipe your memory if needed and there is no longer the recovery partition but the recovery is included in the boot partition.

Yes, i added it on first post

so it pretty much puts it back to factory settings. So even with us being rooted and having a custom recovery, will we be able to get OTA's or will we have to wipe our phones on every update?
28th May 2018, 08:24 PM |#7  

More
Quote:

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 PM ----------

did this work for u?

I restored it via the unofficial twrp by flashing the stock zip in recovery, but it was a pain because the new modded version didn't support mtp and the original was extremely slow and didn't load with anything on the internal storage. It was a painful process with repeated failures and if I had this method, would've saved a lot of frustration. I will definitely try next time I brick, which I do a lot....

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

Maybe I'll just take one for the team and intentionally brick to try for sure
The Following User Says Thank You to mikex8593 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mikex8593 Ad-Free
28th May 2018, 08:25 PM |#8  
Flag J'Ville

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikex8593

I restored it via the unofficial twrp by flashing the stock zip in recovery, but it was a pain because the new modded version didn't support mtp and the original was extremely slow and didn't load with anything on the internal storage. It was a painful process with repeated failures and if I had this method, would've saved a lot of frustration. I will definitely try next time I brick, which I do a lot....

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

Maybe I'll just take one for the team and intentionally brick to try for sure

have for u to brick but that would be great to know if this works, b/c i don't think there has been any tests on it, would u be able to make a video of it too?
28th May 2018, 08:29 PM |#9  

More
Quote:

have for u to brick but that would be great to know if this works, b/c i don't think there has been any tests on it, would u be able to make a video of it too?

Maybe in a week or so because I have a cold at the moment. I could probably do a video on my PC with no audio.
28th May 2018, 08:30 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 844

More
So we can just take the OTA when it drops like stock users?..
And how about root?
After any update we flash root through twrp?..
Sory for so.many questions but im on OP3T now and im planning to upgrade to OP6...
This A/B think is totally new for me..
Trying to clear things out...
28th May 2018, 08:32 PM |#11  
Quote:

so it pretty much puts it back to factory settings. So even with us being rooted and having a custom recovery, will we be able to get OTA's or will we have to wipe our phones on every update?

If you make an update you will lose root and twrp, but if you run magisk manager before reboot after the update you can keep the root.

I forget to say that the latest TWRP have the support for Update Engine
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
brick, fastboot, fastboot rom, oneplus 6, rom

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)