Tutorial : Decrypt And Flash Any ROM [ Working on Android 10 ][No data loss]

Search This thread

tiga016

May 20, 2015
Right after installing fastboot oos and local upgrading, I followed the instructions (no password ofc) and I used mauronofrio's version of twrp

Make sure the "full ROM" u flash is OOS when decrypting instructions is your motive.

---------- Post added at 11:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

Guys btw What's the procedure to move from a custom rom to another "custom rom" or "Stock rom" on an encrypted device ??

I think you're in a wrong thread. This thread is for decrypting phone.

Anmol45

May 23, 2019
https%3A%2F%2Ft.tudocdn.net%2F343369%3Fw%3D660%26h%3D369

FLASHING INSTRUCTION :

Warning : Always Backup Your Internal Storage For safer side

Points to be Noted :
1 : Dirty Flashing sometime works. But might have hidden bugs.
2 : Remove the pattern and also fingerprints before flashing the rom.
3 : Always you have to flash twrp zip file after flashing rom. Else you will loose twrp.
If you are on some other twrp versions, Kindly download Compatible TWRP recovery IMG file from download Section and Flash it in recovery.

TWRP installer zip by mauronofrio - Supports Android 10

This works Fine. I recommend all to use this recovery.

To Decrypt Your Device : [ For First Time ]

Step 1: Place the Full ROM zip file in internal Storage.
Step 2: Now Reboot the phone to TWRP Recovery.
Step 3: Wipe Dalvik cache ,Data , System and Cache.
Step 4: Now select Full ROM zip file and swipe to flash it and then flash the twrp zip file again
Step 5: Format DATA and reboot to recovery.
Step 6: Now in recovery flash magisk 19.4 [ If you are flashing android 10, then flash only magisk 19.4 not 20 since it might break twrp ]
Step 7: Now Flash the No-verity file - Pie Supported here and Android 10 Supported from here[Important]
Step 8: Reboot the phone. :D
Step 9: Voila !! Now your device is successfully decrypted and :D

Now To Flash OOS updates in Your Decrypted Device : - Works For Android 10 Based OOS
Step 1: Place the Full OOS ROM zip file in internal Storage.
Step 4: Now Flash OOS Zip and twrp zip file and reboot to recovery.
Step 5: Now in recovery flash magisk 19.4 only
Step 6: Now Flash the No-verity file - Pie Supported here and Android 10 Supported from here[Important]
Step 7: Reboot the phone. Now both TWRP and Magisk will be there and still your device is decrypted too with android 10 :D

To Flash CustoM ROMs in Your Decrypted Device :

Step 1: Place the Full Custom ROM zip file and required base version Rom zip file ( I.e., OOS BETA OR OOS STABLE) in internal Storage.
Step 4: Now Flash OOS Zip and twrp and reboot to recovery and Flash oos zip and twrp again and reboot to recovery. Now select Full Custom ROM zip file and swipe to flash.
Step 5: Flash the twrp zip file again and reboot to recovery.
Step 6: Now in recovery flash magisk 16.4
Step 7: Now Flash the No-verity file - Pie Supported here and Android 10 Supported from here[Important]

Credits : @topjohnwu, @virtyx and others .
@mauronofrio for his TWRP.

Hey! Thanks for the post! But, I'm on a custom rom now (Evolution X), and I want to decrypt my op6. How do I do it?

flash713

May 7, 2015
Google Pixel 6

tiga016

May 20, 2015
FLASHING INSTRUCTION :

Step 1: Place the Full Custom ROM zip file and required base version Rom zip file ( I.e., OOS BETA OR OOS STABLE) in internal Storage.
Step 4: Now Flash OOS Zip and twrp and reboot to recovery and Flash oos zip and twrp again and reboot to recovery. Now select Full Custom ROM zip file and swipe to flash.
Step 6: Now in recovery flash magisk 16.4

Is this applicable with my custom ROM pie decrypt if want to follow these steps to flash another custom ROM android 10 decrypt? Also, is it realy magisk 16.4 only when in android 10?

tiga016

May 20, 2015
It should be Magisk 20.4. I was wondering if we should flash dm verity before or after flashing magisk...

So the OP procedure is just not updated? Because it still stated 19.4 or 16.4 magisk version. Anyway, what procedure I must follow if I am from decrypted android pie custom ROM and I wanted to go to OOS 10 still with decrypted device?

tiga016

May 20, 2015
Please update the OP if it is now ok to use magisk 20.4 because it is not clearly stated. Some procedures says 19.4 and some says 16.4. Also, in the "to decrypt" procedures it says "If you are flashing android 10, then flash only magisk 19.4 not 20 since it might break twrp". Is it still reliable or not?

tiga016

May 20, 2015
Thanks for the update. Anyway, I'm from Android pie and want to go to Android Q but when I follow the instructions on upgrading to OOS 10 it comes with error. Any A10 versions comes with error. Is there something to do with the type of recovery I have? I used bluspark TWRP 107. I'm still decrypt device but cannot continue.

tiga016

May 20, 2015
My device re-encrypt when I follow the instructions on how to decrypt. The no-verity file is not working on my experience. Maybe it is in the type of TWRP? Is it really TWRP 3.3.1.-11 that decrypt working? or just the OP link is not updated? BTW the latest TWRP decrypt not working.

Edit:
I successfully decrypt my device but with different verity files since the file included in the OP does not maintain my device decrypt.

Last edited:

Jagadish-ravi

May 25, 2013
bangalore
OnePlus 6
My device re-encrypt when I follow the instructions on how to decrypt. The no-verity file is not working on my experience. Maybe it is in the type of TWRP? Is it really TWRP 3.3.1.-11 that decrypt working? or just the OP link is not updated? BTW the latest TWRP decrypt not working.

Edit:
I successfully decrypt my device but with different verity files since the file included in the OP does not maintain my device decrypt.

from where you got the files?
can you provide the link

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Ft.tudocdn.net%2F343369%3Fw%3D660%26h%3D369

FLASHING INSTRUCTION :

Warning : Always Backup Your Internal Storage For safer side

Points to be Noted :
    1 : Dirty Flashing sometime works. But might have hidden bugs.
    2 : Remove the pattern and also fingerprints before flashing the rom.
    3 : Always you have to flash twrp zip file after flashing rom. Else you will loose twrp.
    If you are on some other twrp versions, Kindly download Compatible TWRP recovery IMG file from download Section and Flash it in recovery.

TWRP installer zip by mauronofrio - Supports Android 10

This works Fine. I recommend all to use this recovery.

To Decrypt Your Device : [ For First Time ]

Step 1: Place the Full ROM zip file in internal Storage.
    Step 4: Now select Full ROM zip file and swipe to flash it and then flash the twrp zip file again
    Step 5: Format DATA and reboot to recovery.
    Step 6: Now in recovery flash magisk 20.4
    Step 9: Voila !! Now your device is successfully decrypted and :D

Now To Flash OOS updates in Your Decrypted Device : - Works For Android 10 Based OOS
    Step 5: Now in recovery flash magisk 20.4 only
    Step 6: Now Flash the No-verity file - Pie Supported here and Android 10 Supported from here[Important]
    Step 7: Reboot the phone. Now both TWRP and Magisk will be there and still your device is decrypted too with android 10 :D

Step 6: Now in recovery flash magisk 20.4

Credits : @topjohnwu, @virtyx and others .
    @mauronofrio for his TWRP.
    Please excuse the dumb questions, I am new to these parts (Device Delivery for Tomorrow), but other then Treble and if TWRP isnt decrypting, why else would you want to decrypt your Device? And finally, the No-Verity MOD is the last part of the instructions, so my question is does the device automatically encrypt when all said and done?

keeping your device decrypt will make you to switch between any roms easily. You dont need to wipe internal storage thereafter.
    Flashing Untouched OOS ROM will make your device to get force encrypt, so to avoid that you need to flash no verity mod .
    Hi all, i have seen many losing their decrytion while flashing Android 10 based OOS. Try this steps below. Updated the same in OP.

Method to Flash Android 10 based OOS updates in Your Decrypted Device :
    Step 5: Now in recovery flash Magisk 19.4 only
    did you decrypt 10.3.5 without any errors?
    mine did decrypt but internal storage is getting corrupted not able to write data nor its visible when connected to PC.
    can u guide me how u made it work?

I decrypt my device but 10.3.4. You can follow the instruction in the OP but must flash dm-verity that I post link recently, just back read threads a bit. Here is what I did:

First Time Install / Clean Flash
    - Reboot to recovery
    - Flash OOS and TWRP
    - Format data
    - Reboot to recovery
    - Flash Magisk.zip (optional)
    - Flash dm-verity
    - Reboot to system

Note: Always flash dm-verity before rebooting to system to maintain decrypt device.