[KERNEL][Android 10-13][OOS/Custom] mcd-kernel [r19]

Search This thread

Ulises31

Hi all just want to share with y'all that this kernel supports ACC's battery idle mode. Thumbs up to the developer!

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 ONEPLUS A6013 發送

Not in my case. The switch for that mode is off and if I perform a battery idle test says the kernel doesn't support this mode.

Same with the current & voltage limit. I can set them up but always switch to disabled.

Using last kernel version (mcd-kernel [build: 03-07-2020) and ACCA app v1.0.24

romer.tw

Jan 25, 2013
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 6T
Not in my case. The switch for that mode is off and if I perform a battery idle test says the kernel doesn't support this mode.

Same with the current & voltage limit. I can set them up but always switch to disabled.

Using last kernel version (mcd-kernel [build: 03-07-2020) and ACCA app v1.0.24
Did you select the latest ACC revision in ACCA? It's in the setting.

Reactions: Ulises31

mcdachpappe

Recognized Developer
Oct 25, 2015
OnePlus 6
Update - build 14-07-2020

Hi,

it's a small update, but this kernel is unified from now on and can be flashed on OxygenOS or on any custom ROM.
Please note that some custom ROMs are not fully supported/compatible because of their way to handle specific things. It's a known issue that some gestures might not work on these incompatible ROMs.

As usual, you will find a GPU uv/oc build in our telegram groups mentioned below.

Changelog:
  • Upstreamed to android-linux-stable 4.9.230
  • Unified kernel from now on [OOS and custom ROMs in one kernel image]
  • Disable unneeded drivers
  • Misc stuff

Bottom line:
Feedback is very much appreciated either in this thread or in our Telegram talk group: http://t.me/mcd_kernel
Telegram update channel for stable and GPU uv/oc builds: https://t.me/mcd_kernel_builds

Attachments

• mcd-kernel_OP6-6T_unified_14-07-2020.zip
    13.7 MB · Views: 254
Last edited:

Ulises31

Did you select the latest ACC revision in ACCA? It's in the setting.

It was selected the bundled option. Changing to 2020.7.3 the charging power control seems working, at least the values for voltage and current are kept. However the battery idle mode is not supported. I have selected the Master option too and same result.

Anyway, thanks for your answer I 've got the charging power control working.

Edit: After installing the last kernel version (build 14-07-2020) all are working properly, included the battery idle mode.

Last edited:

PokemonTotalWar

Jan 29, 2014
OnePlus 5
Nintendo Switch
Hi,

it's a small update, but this kernel is unified from now on and can be flashed on OxygenOS or on any custom ROM.
Please note that some custom ROMs (e.g. evolution-x) are not fully supported/compatible because of their way to handle specific things. It's a known issue that some gestures might not work on these incompatible ROMs.

As usual, you will find a GPU uv/oc build in our telegram groups mentioned below.

Changelog:
Upstreamed to android-linux-stable 4.9.230
Unified kernel from now on [OOS and custom ROMs in one kernel image]
Disable unneeded drivers
Misc stuff

Bottom line:
Feedback is very much appreciated either in this thread or in our Telegram talk group: http://t.me/mcd_kernel
Telegram update channel for stable and GPU uv/oc builds: https://t.me/mcd_kernel_builds
I'm feeling a delay between hitting buttons on my keyboard and them appearing on the screen with this build, non of version. My phone is debloated, minimal services running in the background. Not sure what's going on

EDIT: for a sanity check, I switched back to the previous build. Could be placebo, but I definitely don't feel it nearly as much on it

Last edited:

Mr.FREE_Bird

Nov 5, 2013
I'm feeling a delay between hitting buttons on my keyboard and them appearing on the screen with this build, non of version. My phone is debloated, minimal services running in the background. Not sure what's going on

EDIT: for a sanity check, I switched back to the previous build. Could be placebo, but I definitely don't feel it nearly as much on it

I'm absolutely sure that something else is going on.
On my side it doesn't matter if I'm running the OC or Non OC builds, performance is the same in regards to the UI, scrolling and apps like the keyboard.
And I've never experienced anything like you are reporting with older builds. All smooth and fast on my side. Several people in the Telegram group reported the same findings as me. Maybe you could try to start clean again by reflashing OOS on both slots to make sure nothing is placed on the system that could cause the issue you are reporting.

crashnova

Aug 17, 2010
Yonkers
It was selected the bundled option. Changing to 2020.7.3 the charging power control seems working, at least the values for voltage and current are kept. However the battery idle mode is not supported. I have selected the Master option too and same result.

Anyway, thanks for your answer I 've got the charging power control working.

Edit: After installing the last kernel version (build 14-07-2020) all are working properly, included the battery idle mode.

Did you make any changes in ACCA or the kernel itself? Mind sharing your setup?

mcdachpappe

Recognized Developer
Oct 25, 2015
OnePlus 6
Update - build 31-07-2020

Hello,

this update removes the dynamic stune boosting feature. It seems like our phone is smooth and powerful enough even without it.

If you are a 'light app' [messaging, browsing, e-mail, etc.] user like me and want to decrease your active drain: Try to disable caf's input-boost [it's still enabled by default] and see how it works out for you and your usage. I'm not facing any stuttering or bad ux if it's disabled on OxygenOS.

Changelog:
  • Upstreamed to android-linux-stable 4.9.231
  • Remove dynamic-stune-boost feature
  • Improve cpuset setup
  • Balance schedutil governor parameters
  • Misc stuff

Bottom line:
  • As usual, you will find a GPU uv/oc build in our telegram groups mentioned below.
  • Feedback is very much appreciated either in this thread or in our Telegram talk group: http://t.me/mcd_kernel
  • Telegram update channel for stable and GPU uv/oc builds: https://t.me/mcd_kernel_builds

Attachments

• mcd-kernel_OP6-6T_unified_31-07-2020.zip
    13.6 MB · Views: 95
Last edited:

Shyciii

Oct 12, 2011
OnePlus 7T Pro
Hello,

this update removes the dynamic stune boosting feature. It seems like our phone is smooth and powerful enough even without it.

If you are a 'light app' [messaging, browsing, e-mail, etc.] user like me and want to decrease your active drain: Try to disable caf's input-boost [it's still enabled by default] and see how it works out for you and your usage. I'm not facing any stuttering or bad ux if it's disabled on OxygenOS.

Changelog:
  • Upstreamed to android-linux-stable 4.9.231
  • Remove dynamic-stune-boost feature
  • Improve cpuset setup
  • Balance schedutil governor parameters
  • Misc stuff

Bottom line:
  • As usual, you will find a GPU uv/oc build in our telegram groups mentioned below.
  • Feedback is very much appreciated either in this thread or in our Telegram talk group: http://t.me/mcd_kernel
  • Telegram update channel for stable and GPU uv/oc builds: https://t.me/mcd_kernel_builds

Double tap to wake up don't work on OxygenOS 10.3.5

joaste

Sep 11, 2011
Thanks for the new build.
For information, when lifting the phone, the fingerprint pattern appears bit is not active (6t on 10.3.4) so the phone cannot be unlocked.. I must hit the power button to unlock the phone.
I hope you are able to fix it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    caMCQkK.png

Code:
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, or you getting
    * fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any
    * concerns about features included in this KERNEL before flashing it. YOU are
    * choosing to make these modifications.

I would like to share with you my personal kernel build. It's based on official OnePlus kernel sources combined with some additional features and commits from different great developers out there.

Features:
    • No root required
    • Systemless installation, no custom kernel scripts
    • Passes SafetyNet
    • #########################################
    • OxygenOS build based on official OnePlus kernel source
    • Custom ROM build based LineageOS kernel source
    • Compiled with AOSP clang v12.0.5, LLVM tools and LLD linker
    • Battery_idle mode support [Advanced charging controller needed]
    • CPU input_boost - [enabled by default]
    • FSync toggle - [enabled by default]
    • GPU: adrenoboost [low / mid / high]
    • KCAL color control
    • K-Lapse support
    • Led control [OP6 only]
    • Minimum backlight control and high brightness option
    • Scheduler improvements to improve jitter and UX
    • Sound control and Microfone gain
    • TCP: advanced TCP algorithms - [Westwood as default]
    • USB Fast Charge - [disabled by default]
    • Vibration control
    • Wakelock blocker
    • WiFi module picked from CAF's source
    • WireGuard support
    • ZRAM improvements [2 GB, zstd compression]
    • Removed a lot of debugging stuff and log spam

Download:
    Latest version: mcd r19
    FKM Updater config: OxygenOS / custom ROMs

Support:
    • Leave a like or a comment - this keeps me motivated :)
    • PayPal donations are another appreciated way: Thank you very much!

Telegram contact:

Sources:

Credits:
    • Thanks to these great guys and their programming skills and their sources: acuicultor, arter97, eng.stk, flar2, joshuous, kdrag0n, kerneltoast, kristofpetho, LordBoeffla, nathanchance, osm0sis, RenderBroken, tanish2k09, zx2c4
    • Huge thanks to @rippledrums for designing our logo!

XDA:DevDB Information
    [KERNEL][OOS/CUSTOM] mcd-kernel, Kernel for the OnePlus 6

Contributors
    mcdachpappe
    Source Code: https://github.com/mcdachpappe/android_kernel_oneplus_sdm845

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2019-05-19
    Last Updated 2022-11-26
    Installation:
    • Do not switch between other custom kernels without installing a stock boot.img or reflashing your ROM !
    • Flash kernel .zip via any kernel manager app or custom recovery

Update:
    • Flash your desired mcd-kernel version on top of your existing mcd-kernel

Known issues:
    • OxygenOS:
      • OOS 11.*: Network speed indicators are not working on any custom kernel
    • Custom ROMs:
      • Gestures might not work on some custom ROMs as this kernel uses LineageOS gesture handling

Troubleshooting:
    Try one or more of these steps prior flashing this kernel if you run into issues:​
    • Delete your kernel-manager-app data
    • Dirty flash your current ROM / Flash stock boot.img
    If you are still facing any issues, join our telegram group and report your issues via #bugreport.​

Kernel history:
    Hello everyone,

enjoy our latest release :) Thanks for everyone who help me out to improve this project!

# Changelog:

• Compiled with mcd clang v13 for maximum stability
    • Upstream Anykernel3 source
    • Upstream OOS kernel source 10.3.11
    • Upstream up to android stable-linux to 4.9.270
    • Upstream/merge up to latest CAF tag 'LA.UM.9.3.r1-02100-sdm845.0'
    • Downstream wifi drivers to CAF tag 'LA.UM.8.3.r1-08800-sdm845.0' [last known well working drivers]
    • Upstream scheduler changes from android-4.14
    • Clean-up the kernel tree
    • Fix some previous mismerges
    • Many more I may forgot

# Notes:

Choose the correct kernel .zip file depending on your current ROM:
    • _oos: OxygenOS 10.*
    • _custom: Any AOSP based custom ROM
    • _custom-los: AOSP based custom ROM with LineageOS displaymode handling (livedisplay), such as LineageOS, SyberiaOS

# Download:

Github: mcd-r4

FKM Updater configs: oos / custom / custom-los

# Installation:

Dirty flash over any previous mcd-kernel is just fine. Consider a clean ROM flash if you are coming from any other custom kernel!

# Support:

Update - build 23-08-2020

Hi,

nothing special this time.

Changelog:
    • Upstreamed to android-linux-stable 4.9.233
    • Merged OxygenOS 10.3.5 kernel changes

Bottom line:
    Hello,

ZRAM is back and hopefully satisfies our multitasking users. Besides that double-tap-to-wake should be working for everyone again. Enjoy :)

# Changelog:
    • Compiled with mcd clang v11, LLD and llvm-tools
    • Upstream to android stable-linux to 4.9.278
    • Enable ZRAM and writeback [2GB of size and lzo-rle as comp]
    • Clean-up touchscreen driver [fixes gestures on some custom ROMs]

Thanks - again - to anyone who tries to improve this project with me.

# Notes:

Choose the correct kernel .zip file depending on your current ROM:
    • _oos: OxygenOS 10.*
    • _custom: LineageOS based custom ROMs

# Download:

Github: mcd r7

FKM Updater configs: oos | custom

# Installation:

Dirty flash over any previous mcd-kernel is just fine. Consider a clean ROM flash if you are coming from any other custom kernel!

# Support:

• If you want to support me, leave a like or a comment
    • Join our telegram group or update channel
    • Another appreciated way to support me: via PayPal :)