FORUMS

[ROM] [OP6/6T] RENOVATE ICE 13.0 | OxygenOS 9.0.6 // 9.0.14 | Tweaks | Stables | SVN

6,509 posts
Thanks Meter: 15,873

By mwilky, Recognized Developer on 8th June 2018, 01:42 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
Announcement from mwilky: 13.0 released!
31st January 2020, 06:30 PM |#1951  
Flag Belfast
Thanks Meter: 1,216

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SREEPRAJAY

Me too... Lifetime
But the dev washed off saying he lost his device and moved on to op7... So strange

Wow right your a so called *retired mod* you would like to think *well I would* that you could have a little more respect than use of sarcasm seeing as how you used to deal with users on this forum day in and out. Just goes to show what kind of mod you used to have been! If anything you should know that mwilky is one of the most respected and genuine people I know on this dam forum and tries his best to help all users out wherever possible. Its actually a disgrace to see some comments towards him and his efforts. You wouldn't see it but I speak to him a dam lot and he is constantly trying to improve his work and I mean hours on end of his own time. No one ever asks how a dev is or what they would like its like they are machines that should just give give give, pathetic! O and yes he lost his device to which he doesn't need to explain because he was so god dam upset about not being able to continue for the guys on the OP6 and it took him so long to build up the courage to explain this as he knew he couldn't continue, in his words to me *what can I do I'm so annoyed letting them down*. He knew what some of you would think and jump to but I assured him genuine users and people would understand some things are out of our hands and **** happens! Lets just say you ever lost your device would you go and buy the same one or use an older one until a new one came out which was happening sooner rather than later? Pretty sure I can guess the answer to the majority who would answer this.
The Following User Says Thank You to NameWho For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift NameWho Ad-Free
31st January 2020, 06:47 PM |#1952  
Flag Somewhere in the South, GA
Thanks Meter: 164

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NameWho

Wow right your a so called *retired mod* you would like to think *well I would* that you could have a little more respect than use of sarcasm seeing as how you used to deal with users on this forum day in and out. Just goes to shows what kind of mod you used to have been! If anything you should know that mwilky is one of the most respected and genuine people I know on this dam forum and tries his best to help all users out wherever possible. Its actually a disgrace to see some comments towards him and his efforts. You wouldn't see it but I speak to him a dam lot and he is constantly trying to improve his work and I mean hours on end of his own time. No one ever asks how a dev is or what they would like its like they are machines that should just give give give, pathetic! O and yes he lost his device to which he doesn't need to explain because he was so god dam upset about not being able to continue for the guys on the OP6 and it took him so long to build up the courage to explain this as he knew he couldn't continue, in his words to me *what can I do I'm so annoyed letting them down*. He knew what some of you would think and jump to but I assured him genuine users and people would understand some things are out of our hands and **** happens!

I do understand your point but you also got to understand his, the problem here is a lot of us paid for a lifetime updates and to me was also kind of frustrating what went on with this team because we only had updates for up to 6 months ? Really, did anyone get a partial refund? I don't think so, the team was making money, couldn't they buy another device? Most of devs accept donations but it's entirely up to you if you want to donate money for continuing development or not, if people don't donate they can still use their custom ROMs and use all features of their roms as well. Well that's just my opinion.
31st January 2020, 06:54 PM |#1953  
Flag Walsall
Thanks Meter: 1,251

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oscarmaldonado

I do understand your point but you also got to understand his, the problem here is a lot of us paid for a lifetime updates and to me was also kind of frustrating what went on with this team because we only had updates for up to 6 months ? Really, did anyone get a partial refund? I don't think so, the team was making money, couldn't they buy another device? Most of devs accept donations but it's entirely up to you if you want to donate money for continuing development or not, if people don't donate they can still use their custom ROMs and use all features of their roms as well. Well that's just my opinion.

Just to put into context for you that not that many people have actually paid for the premium subscription. Not enough to pay for the OP7Pro he had bought and certainly not enough to replace the OP6.

It's easy to make assumptions on how "profitable" ROM development is but unless you're like one of the main devs out their whoring yourself out with a vanilla build of a kernel and/or app on every device and then getting free devices from every next OEM, these devs aren't making enough money from development to pay for one device to the next.

Sent from my OnePlus7Pro using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to rav101 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rav101 Ad-Free
31st January 2020, 07:22 PM |#1954  
Flag Belfast
Thanks Meter: 1,216

More
Quote:

When you say a lot I do understand this is what you think happens and I might at one time also thought but the reality is he doesn't actually get many at all going for premium and also quite understandable considering the stuff he gives free anyway why would many do that. I get that some of you might think this is profitable for *every* dev but this just isn't the case at all. The ones who make money are are usually the so called *devs* who spend the majority of their time on social networks throwing tweets in peoples faces and so on. This is how they get known and therefore free devices even though some *not all* do **** all to be worthwhile on what they get. Exactly as @rav101 says they *whore* themselves enough to get noticed.
1st February 2020, 03:02 AM |#1955  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag CITY OF PARKS
Thanks Meter: 6,117

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NameWho

Wow right your a so called *retired mod* you would like to think *well I would* that you could have a little more respect than use of sarcasm seeing as how you used to deal with users on this forum day in and out. Just goes to show what kind of mod you used to have been! If anything you should know that mwilky is one of the most respected and genuine people I know on this dam forum and tries his best to help all users out wherever possible. Its actually a disgrace to see some comments towards him and his efforts. You wouldn't see it but I speak to him a dam lot and he is constantly trying to improve his work and I mean hours on end of his own time. No one ever asks how a dev is or what they would like its like they are machines that should just give give give, pathetic! O and yes he lost his device to which he doesn't need to explain because he was so god dam upset about not being able to continue for the guys on the OP6 and it took him so long to build up the courage to explain this as he knew he couldn't continue, in his words to me *what can I do I'm so annoyed letting them down*. He knew what some of you would think and jump to but I assured him genuine users and people would understand some things are out of our hands and **** happens! Lets just say you ever lost your device would you go and buy the same one or use an older one until a new one came out which was happening sooner rather than later? Pretty sure I can guess the answer to the majority who would answer this.

I am laughing at the ignorance you have on the methods of this forum. You can rant whatever you want. You can call me names... Same names you think you are defending the developer for and perfectly right you think.
I have to simply ignore you just for the sake of the MOD community which I was part of for a long time. Else it would only mount to useless and senseless arguments and counter... Digging into history might bring many more things than explained and why, how, when...
I have read your post and got to understand the hard work developing things... If you want to know I have never had an app without paying for it. Not that I am a billionaire who doesn't care but because I respected the hard work of any dev....I know how hard it is code, debug... I code for my company, I develop...
Thanks for your explanation
I am not following this anymore..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SREEPRAJAY For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SREEPRAJAY Ad-Free
2nd February 2020, 03:06 PM |#1956  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 15,873

More
Quote:

I paid for a "lifetime" phone, a lot more than you paid for your "lifetime" updates, and I got my phone stolen within 6 months of having it.

Not once did I ever say or will ever say that if you pay any amount of money, either donation or subscription that you are entitled to life time updates.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mwilky For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd February 2020, 11:45 PM |#1957  
Thanks Meter: 183

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwilky

I paid for a "lifetime" phone, a lot more than you paid for your "lifetime" updates, and I got my phone stolen within 6 months of having it.

Not once did I ever say or will ever say that if you pay any amount of money, either donation or subscription that you are entitled to life time updates.

Getting your phone stolen sucks. However, any pointers to how I can mod the files in order to obtain AOD in 10? Someone did this already a few releases back.
4th February 2020, 09:54 PM |#1958  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwilky

We'll Love You💜
5th February 2020, 09:00 AM |#1959  
Forum Moderator
Flag Bruges
Thanks Meter: 6,083

More
[Thread Closed]

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdulraheem78655

We'll Love You

On that note it's a lovely way to close this thread!

I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate you all on your overall mature attitude. There are obviously fierce opinions on the matter at hand but no one resorted to flaming one another. We moderators should react to rule violations but it's sometimes forgotten how important it is to value constructive discussion.

I've closed the thread as it no longer serves its purpose. If anyone wants to continue this project (with OP's permission) or if OP ( @mwilky please check your PMs) requires this to reopen, please get in touch with me.

If anyone has the answer to @quimbexa's question above, please be so kind to send this user a PM.

Thank you all for your contributions and I'm wishing you a wonderful stay at XDA!

Kind regards
Timmy
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Timmmmaaahh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Timmmmaaahh Ad-Free
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread