FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
OnePlus 6 Development Program

Cellular strength and throughput

975 posts
Thanks Meter: 898

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 3rd April 2018, 10:44 AM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
We know how much you like to stream, ahem, "videos", and so cellular data is mega-important. Rate this thread to express how you think the OnePlus 6's LTE performs. A higher rating indicates that it's fantastic: throughput is excellent and signal strength is top-notch.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add.

25th May 2018, 03:26 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 144

More
Signal strength is excellent. I am on TMobile.
The Following User Says Thank You to toanau For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift toanau Ad-Free
25th May 2018, 06:32 PM |#3  
Flag Melbourne, Florida
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by toanau

Signal strength is excellent. I am on TMobile.

That's nice to hear. The one downside of my Essential PH-1 on T-Mobile is that I can't get a signal anywhere, or that it is choppy, even when I'm standing in the center of a major US city.

Though I hear that is a complaint across the board with the PH-1, not just T-Mobile. Leads me to think that it is not picking up one of the bands that T-Mobile broadcasts.
The Following User Says Thank You to Thunder_47 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Thunder_47 Ad-Free
25th May 2018, 08:29 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1,464

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder_47

That's nice to hear. The one downside of my Essential PH-1 on T-Mobile is that I can't get a signal anywhere, or that it is choppy, even when I'm standing in the center of a major US city.

Though I hear that is a complaint across the board with the PH-1, not just T-Mobile. Leads me to think that it is not picking up one of the bands that T-Mobile broadcasts.

No, it's just got poor antenna design that blocks a lot of the signal. I have an essential and can already tell you OP6 is drastically better, signal wise than the PH-1. And I'm also on Tmobile.
26th May 2018, 08:14 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
just wondering, what is the max Speed-test achieved? on my oneplus5 i achived about 190Mbps on 4G+
care share screens?
26th May 2018, 01:06 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Speeds are okay I guess, downloading offline maps went fast at least
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180526-135658.jpg
Views:	862
Size:	185.2 KB
ID:	4510374
26th May 2018, 04:48 PM |#7  
Flag Topeka
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Unfortunately, I had to rate a 2. I'm getting about 1/3 bars where my OP3 would get full bars. Speed is slow, while I haven't done an actual test yet, it took something like 5 minutes for a 1.53MB download.

EDIT: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/3947531527

EDIT 2: Noticed it doesn't say on that page, but that was LTE.
26th May 2018, 06:14 PM |#8  
Flag Hamburg
Thanks Meter: 86

More
i am positively overwhelmed by the signal strenght here. LTE and 3G on T-Mobile as well as WiFi are exceptional. Coming from a S8, this is a huge step forwards. I barely had any significant improvements when changing between 3G and LTE with the S8, now downloading stuff with the OP6 in the same area is fast as hell
26th May 2018, 07:28 PM |#9  
Flag Melbourne, FL
Thanks Meter: 484

More
Signal is excellent here, LTE speed tests over 100mbps and I can even pull off 40-50mbps with 1-2 bars LTE in outlying areas.
27th May 2018, 10:44 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 78

More
This phone has the absolute best receiving and bluetooth antennas I've ever had in any phone by a mile. I can get a GPS lock inside in under a second nowhere near a window. 5GHz wifi works great about 150 feet away from my house even with tons of EM pollution in the area. I get 50-75% LTE signal where I used to only get one bar of non-working HSPA on other phones.
27th May 2018, 10:56 PM |#11  
Flag Philly
Thanks Meter: 334

More
In my house, the back area in my sun room where my PC is I get the weakest reception (assuming from he Monitor and other equipment) on my OP5 at around 8mbps down. My OP6 is getting 20mbps down. In the living room at the front of my house I get the best signal and fastest speeds. My OP5 would get anywhere from 40-65mbps down speeds. I tested the OP6 in the same area and the 2 tests I did 2 days apart were 135mbps down and 128mbps down (same time I got 135 my OP5 got only 48mbps down).

I rarely use WiFi at home since I'm on T-Mobile with unlimited data. but my reception is certainly improved thanks to the 4x4 MIMO. And no I'm not in an area that has activated the 600mHz band 71.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180526-054410.jpg
Views:	620
Size:	162.2 KB
ID:	4511720  
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)