FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
OnePlus 6 Development Program

Charging speed

975 posts
Thanks Meter: 898
 
By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 3rd April 2018, 10:44 AM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
To power up, you consume Red Bull. But your phone just needs its adaptive fast charger. Rate this thread to express how quickly the OnePlus 6 can charge. A higher rating indicates that it charges extremely fast.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!
 
 
27th May 2018, 12:45 AM |#2  
chrisjcks's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bolton
Thanks Meter: 1,171
 
More
i got:

0-59% - 30mins!

then after 60mins i was on 92%

then after 86mins i was 100% fully charged.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chrisjcks For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chrisjcks Ad-Free
27th May 2018, 10:29 AM |#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 203
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjcks

i got:

0-59% - 30mins!

then after 60mins i was on 92%

then after 86mins i was 100% fully charged.

That's the right amount of time for your phone to be charged fast. Plus I'm thinking OnePlus is going to make it even faster in a update to the phone because there is a nother phone company that can charge there phone all most just as fast.
27th May 2018, 10:32 AM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 44
 
More
Just tested it, the op6 charges exactly as quick as the 3t (1% difference but 3ts battery is marginally bigger)
28th May 2018, 09:06 AM |#5  
Senior Member
Flag essex lad
Thanks Meter: 152
 
More
So no difference in charging speed between 5t and 6?
28th May 2018, 11:28 AM |#6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Where can i see the statistics from the charge? are they available on the phone without installing any app?
30th May 2018, 08:38 AM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 25
 
More
One wonders the use of having fast charge upto 60% and a very slow charge thereafter? Yes i know "it's to protect the battery and its durability"...but?

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickMidd91

That's the right amount of time for your phone to be charged fast. Plus I'm thinking OnePlus is going to make it even faster in a update to the phone because there is a nother phone company that can charge there phone all most just as fast.

today it took me 1 hour to for from 61% to 100 %. So i am wondering what's the fun ?
8th June 2018, 12:15 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 343
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachinfan

One wonders the use of having fast charge upto 60% and a very slow charge thereafter? Yes i know "it's to protect the battery and its durability"...but?

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 PM ----------



today it took me 1 hour to for from 61% to 100 %. So i am wondering what's the fun ?

Well, it took me exactly 1 hour from 5% to 94% today. Make sure the "charging rapidly" text is displayed, I read that if you plug the charger in the outlet after you plugged the cable into the phone it uses normal charging.
14th June 2018, 12:50 AM |#9  
ButtonBoy's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Airports around the US
Thanks Meter: 57
 
More
So far, I'm not seeing my OP6 to be any faster than my Nexus 6P at charging. To be fair, I haven't had this a week yet, and I still do not have all my apps and stuff set up the way I would like.
14th June 2018, 04:25 AM |#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 39
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButtonBoy

So far, I'm not seeing my OP6 to be any faster than my Nexus 6P at charging. To be fair, I haven't had this a week yet, and I still do not have all my apps and stuff set up the way I would like.

6P charges from 0-45% in 30m, OP6 60%. 6p charges from 0-80% in 60m, OP6 90%.
6p charges from 0-100% in 93m, OP6 in 90m.

OP6 is faster, but not by much. 0-100% they are the same, 6p have 150mAh more battery. The difference in the first 30m, OP6 charges 15% more.
14th June 2018, 05:50 AM |#11  
Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
These are.l my times and they are just as expected:

0-70% ~35 min
70-80% ~8 min (it starts slowing down at 70%)
80-90% ~14 min
90-95% ~14 min
95-100% ~15 min

I only charge my phone to 100% overnight, but a quick boost during the day from 40 to 70% while on my car holder with screen ON is awesome
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes