FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
OnePlus 6 Development Program

Photo quality

975 posts
Thanks Meter: 898
 
By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 3rd April 2018, 10:44 AM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
Say "cheese", then rate this thread to express how photos taken with the OnePlus 6 come out. A higher rating indicates that photos offer rich color (without over-saturating), sharp detail (with all subjects in-focus), and appropriate exposure (with even lighting).

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XDA_RealLifeReview For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift XDA_RealLifeReview Ad-Free
 
 
22nd May 2018, 03:06 PM |#2  
cyberz's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 53
 
More
I wanted to buy it, but I was held back by this video:

22nd May 2018, 05:27 PM |#3  
Senior Member
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 96
 
More
The software is not final, still in preview.
22nd May 2018, 05:33 PM |#4  
Flying Fox's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 428
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberz

I wanted to buy it, but I was held back by this video:

... totally different to the results of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_rmgrXvGJE.
I wouldn't count too much on these videos. In this one, for instance, low light photo shots have different iso values. So this comparison doesn't say much about noise and image quality differences.
There are other important spec concerning the camera we don't know yet. Quality of af, image stabilizer etc. There is no comparison, where attention is paid to it. The S9+ is supposed to have a slow af (reviews), what about OP6?
I'm also skeptical about the camera of the OP 6. But mine is coming on Thursday. Then I will test by my own. Cannot be worth than the image quality of the OP5.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flying Fox For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Flying Fox Ad-Free
22nd May 2018, 05:41 PM |#5  
cyberz's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 53
 
More
Where did you see that the iso values are different? I suppose they have not used double standards because that would be a cheat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Fox

... totally different to the results of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_rmgrXvGJE.
I wouldn't count too much on these videos. In this one, for instance, low light photo shots have different iso values. So this comparison doesn't say much about noise and image quality differences.
There are other important spec concerning the camera we don't know yet. Quality of af, image stabilizer etc. There is no comparison, where attention is paid to it. The S9+ is supposed to have a slow af (reviews), what about OP6?
I'm also skeptical about the camera of the OP 6. But mine is coming on Thursday. Then I will test by my own. Cannot be worth than the image quality of the OP5.

Inviato dal mio SM-G928F utilizzando Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

Anyway I'll wait for mix 8 and then I'll decide what to buy.

Inviato dal mio SM-G928F utilizzando Tapatalk
22nd May 2018, 05:57 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 270
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberz

I wanted to buy it, but I was held back by this video:

Same here. I have Pixel2. I like op6 except its camera. Reviews are totally mixed. Confused as op6 community is going to be much better than pixel2.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
22nd May 2018, 06:08 PM |#7  
Flying Fox's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 428
 
More
Aperture and iso values are indicated on the pictures in this video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberz

Where did you see that the iso values are different? I suppose they have not used double standards because that would be a cheat.



Inviato dal mio SM-G928F utilizzando Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

Anyway I'll wait for mix 8 and then I'll decide what to buy.

Inviato dal mio SM-G928F utilizzando Tapatalk

The Following User Says Thank You to Flying Fox For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Flying Fox Ad-Free
22nd May 2018, 06:17 PM |#8  
cyberz's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 53
 
More
My misunderstanding, I thought you was talking about the video that I have posted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Fox

Aperture and iso values are indicated on the pictures in this video.

Inviato dal mio SM-G928F utilizzando Tapatalk
23rd May 2018, 03:48 AM |#10  
virtyx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 205
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Fox

Aperture and iso values are indicated on the pictures in this video.

Since the op6 had higher iso than s9
wouldnt that be responsible for noise? i wouldve thought if you lowered iso then the op6 wouldve outperformed the s9 since it was head to head
23rd May 2018, 07:29 AM |#11  
Flying Fox's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 428
 
More
Just got it... just one pic of OP 5 compared to OP 6. Short on time for more pics at the moment..
First pic is OP5. Despite lower iso value more noise. Second pic is OP 6.
The comparison do not say much now. Need to test it in daily life..

PS: don´t no, why pic of OP6 turned around after upload. Hope it doesn't mind..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	OP5.jpg
Views:	4698
Size:	257.2 KB
ID:	4507752   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_OP5.jpg
Views:	4382
Size:	244.0 KB
ID:	4507753   Click image for larger version

Name:	OP6.jpg
Views:	4684
Size:	223.6 KB
ID:	4507756   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_OP6.jpg
Views:	4292
Size:	232.5 KB
ID:	4507758  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flying Fox For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Flying Fox Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes