FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
OnePlus 6 Development Program

Speakerphone (loudness, clarity)

975 posts
Thanks Meter: 898

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 3rd April 2018, 10:44 AM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
Proper etiquette aside (hint: don't use speakerphone while doing your "business" in a public bathroom), rate this thread to express how you think the OnePlus 6's speakerphone performs. A higher rating indicates that you love it: it's loud and it's clear.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

16th May 2018, 11:18 PM |#2  
Portland,OR
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I'm very interested in this as I'm considering replacing my Pixel 2 XL and the speakers on the Pixel kind of suck.
The Following User Says Thank You to ajneuman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ajneuman Ad-Free
21st May 2018, 10:20 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
If you feel the Pixel 2 speakers are bad you will not like the OP6 for sure, they are mono and they are horrible at loud volumes.. I am surprised you dont like the Pixel 2 speakers because they have the best ones out of the premium manufacturers
21st May 2018, 07:35 PM |#4  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 287

More
To me, the OnePlus 3 to 5T have always had amazing speakers for what they are. If you compare it to similar setups it blows everything out of the water. It's punchy and clear until you hit around 90% volume. Let's hope the OP6 stays the same.
21st May 2018, 07:51 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 270

More
Reviews about op6 speakers have not been good. Some reviewers told that the only weakness op6 has is its speakers. Maybe because of using some thin protective layer to prevent water from going inside.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
22nd May 2018, 01:43 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 91

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickporwal

Reviews about op6 speakers have not been good. Some reviewers told that the only weakness op6 has is its speakers. Maybe because of using some thin protective layer to prevent water from going inside.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Well yeah, when comparing to my old 3T, it's somewhat worse. Like you said, propably because of those protective layers for water.
23rd May 2018, 05:35 PM |#7  
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 8

Donate to Me
More
Do you guys also have cracking on loud volume? To be honest I'm very disappointed with this speaker, however I'm not sure if I have faulty device or it just is how it is
24th May 2018, 12:40 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 110

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by humzaahmed155

To me, the OnePlus 3 to 5T have always had amazing speakers for what they are. If you compare it to similar setups it blows everything out of the water. It's punchy and clear until you hit around 90% volume. Let's hope the OP6 stays the same.

Than you never have a phone with good speaker. OP3 was crap, compare to other phones like Mate 9 oder 10.
24th May 2018, 12:53 AM |#9  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 287

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klanac89

Than you never have a phone with good speaker. OP3 was crap, compare to other phones like Mate 9 oder 10.

Um, no. My OP5 has punchy and sustained bass without distortion (until you turn the volume up to max, the sound profile changes at 90% volume to deliver louder tones, thus also distorting slightly), but at 80% it still manages to be much louder than any other phone with a similar speaker arrangement. The speaker has good bass and perfect mids.

It's a similar experience to one of those LG phones with the "1W speaker driver". I like the speaker for what it is.
24th May 2018, 04:39 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 205

More
bluetooth speakers placed strategically around the house
problem solved.
24th May 2018, 05:54 AM |#11  
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 152

More
i think it is low. My oneplus 5 was recently stolen and that is why i ended up buying the 6. First think i noticed when playing the audio was how low the volume was. My roommates have the 5 and 5T and i played the a video in fb app in 5,5T and 6 and 5 and 5T was louder than the 6. FYI, 5 and 5T runs on the xxx no limits ROM.

So i am not sure if that is affecting the audio in anyway
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aswinrulez For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aswinrulez Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)